Re:Post any The Snow technical issues here only

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 1, 13 7:09 AM
What I would LIKE to KNOW, is why this game works fine, when downloaded and played, from another site, BUT not on the BF site?

I also had the same problem as others, frozen cursor on screen, as soon as I hit play.
DO NOT want to join another site, just to buy this game so any information as to why the game doesn't play right from BF download, would be greatly appreciated, as I am a HUGE M3 fan?

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 1, 13 2:19 PM
Like other people the version from the other site works perfectly for me too. So it is not a graphics conflict with my computer. No black screen with frozen cursor at all.
Pity as it looks like a good game. I am not a big match 3 fan, but I do like the occasional game when I do not feel like concentrating. It has to have a story or varying goals to hold my attention and this one fits the bill.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 2, 13 6:20 PM
Add me to the growing list of those who cannot play this game from the Big Fish site. I got the black screen with the frozen cursor and did the uninstall/reinstall with the same results. When I went to a competitor's site, I was able to play their demo with no problems. Even though my computer is at the bare minimum requirements, I was still able to play this game OVER THERE with no audio or visual problems at all. So what's the problem, Big Fish? Games that I've wanted to buy from you and didn't because I couldn't, I'm now thinking of trying over there to see if they work. And if they do, then I'll be buying them from there.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 3, 13 5:03 AM
Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered, such as updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help and also they can provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Sep 6, 13 12:06 PM
I played the first 2 levels, but then I couldn't click anywhere on the girl to interact with her. Looks like a good game--can you fix it?

jodice
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by jodice on Sep 6, 13 8:37 PM
When I try to play some of the mini games as soon as the game opens my computer starts making a stuttering noise that sounds like it is going to blow up, so I immediately get out of the game and the noise stops. I am very disappointed with this game and would like credit to pick out something else...it is not worth ruining my computer to play this.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 13 3:45 AM
Hi Folks,

If you have tried the advice already offered, such as updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums. . Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 11, 13 12:47 AM
I just finished playing the trial after reading here that a new version just came out to fix the freezing bug at the beginning of the game. And it works! Hooray!!! I'm a happy camper since writing my scathing post up above about how the game kept freezing at the beginning. So I downloaded the new version and everything worked perfectly! I was able to play the remainder of my trial with no trouble at all.
Thanks again !

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Sep 12, 13 8:13 AM
Same here. Bought it yesterday. All I get is a black screen.

gkwtx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by gkwtx on Sep 12, 13 9:45 AM
The game never ends... have to keep playing the last level (which I hate) over and over and over... There was an update to the game and I downloaded & ran it... but the same problem still exists. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by anechka_hoo on Jan 22, 14 9:12 AM
Still can not interact with the girl after lvl 2. The update has been installed.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 22, 14 11:26 AM
Again I ask, what was the point of this latest update? I started a thread yesterday asking about why the name was changed and if that was all that was done. No replies yet but it seems there are still glitches in the game judging from the last person's post. I was further along in the game before yesterday's update but when I opened my game after installing the "update", I expected to pick up from where I left off inside the house. Instead I was brought back to the starting point and had to play all over again. WTH? My original game wasn't saved at all. Don't the moderators check in any more to answer questions?

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Jan 24, 14 12:15 AM
FishyFemale wrote:but when I opened my game after installing the "update", I expected to pick up from where I left off inside the house. Instead I was brought back to the starting point and had to play all over again. WTH? My original game wasn't saved at all. Don't the moderators check in any more to answer questions?

Me too - I hadn't had any problems with the game and was happily playing the Challenges and here we are on Jan 24th and I have just been notified of this update (launched 2013). Once the update was finished a message came up that the game was corrupted and profile was lost I know there will be no hope of recovery but could you ask the developers to fix this or at least issue a warning.

[Post New]by janedoe892 on Jan 24, 14 11:46 AM
Can't believe I was stupid enough to accept the update before first checking the forum. As with the others, I lost all progress. Only had one challenge level left! How unprofessional of the developers and BFG. Once bitten, twice shy. I will from here on in check before I blindly trust an update.

ryouger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Corrupt User Profile

[Post New]by ryouger on Jan 27, 14 10:22 AM
I too automatically installed the update the other day and when I went to play today to check on changes, a block appeared saying the Player Profile was corrupt. Although I had finished the game previously and was playing under a 2nd user name, neither user profile exists anymore.

You all are correct: it takes forever to finish!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 28, 14 4:54 PM
G'day,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we're currently working to get to the bottom of the issue some are seeing with save profiles following the update to the game.

We hope to have more news for you soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 5, 14 9:11 PM
I am not sure if this would be considered a technical issue but I would like to know if it is the games design or is it a games glitch. Why are there awards in the statistics of the game for Lines...Blocks...Fireflies...Relaxed Mod..etc and your awards and your progress are not saved when you quit the game. I played relax mode for five hours straight and all my progress and awards were not saved. I played the other modes numerous times and none of my awards are there when I start the game again. Is this a glitch or just game design. Thanks.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 5, 14 3:40 PM
I can play the level and complete it but as soon as it is over and it is time to tally my points and give my rank for that level I get a an error message. I have played different levels of Adventure Mode again and again as I was trying to accomplish as many trophies as possible ( at least on the modes where progress is actually saved) I have been attemptinb to get all 3 stars in achievements but now I can't continue becaue of gthe error. It says "error: Access violation @ 0X00506B72 (tried to read from 0x00000014) Program terminated" Can this be fixed somehow? I did uninstall and reinstall the game but it won't work. Same error message comes up when the game tries to tally the score and give the rank. I hope someone can answer this question so I can continue. I thought I could play any level multiple times to reach the 3 stars for achievements. Now I wonder if I have tried to play Adventure Mode too many times. I simply want an answer on how to fix this technical error and why it is happening now since I have played the game numerous times with no problem. Makes no sense to me,. Technical support or moderator please respond. Thanks.

Go to: