Reviews for The Snow

Re:Reviews for The Snow

[Post New]by grambones on Jan 11, 14 4:36 PM
I love this game. Don't like the fire thing always interferring with the game. Also, are you supposed to try and get a high score and finish the levels or a low score. I know some games only give you so much time. Those are my favorites. Get rid of the automatic hint thing very distracting.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Aug 21, 14 6:31 AM
I enjoyed the game when it first came out - bought it then. I still go back and replay it. I agree that the end is hard, but I just kept trying until it got it. I did the adventure and I loved the cute little flame.

I recently have bought mainly HOGS because I haven't fount too many match 3 I liked (well I do like Fishdom) so this one a real treat. I never play with the sound on since where I work is very loud and I prefer quiet, but I now will have to replay it to hear what everyone is talking about.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 21, 14 10:28 AM
Today's DD: I purchased this game a long time ago and it was a pleasure to find it again. I think the music is absolutely beautiful and is worth a DD or credit for that alone.

I do wish the instructions could be skipped or taken off the board and that hints did not pop up so quickly. I hate that! I wish I could disable hints completely. Or at least please give me time to actually look at the board all by myself to choose the tile I wish to move. I find it very distracting to be given hints. And I hardly ever need one, anyway.

Game play is a bit clunky although not as bad as in many M3 games. At least I could make a move while another was still going on. I tend to play fast and don't like having to just sit there while my last move is completed.

As for enjoyment, I do enjoy playing this game. I'm no expert on M3 games and maybe I'm missing a big part of them. I just know what I like. And I do like this game.

Edit: I've finished the adventure and I am very pleased although I wish it could have been about twice as long. My previous comment about the hints? I really needed them towards the end because I am a mediocre player at best. I tried playing what I considered the easiest of the challenge games and failed miserably. But there are games for practicing, including the firefly game and just relaxing play with nothing special to do.

I love the story. This is silly but I actually got into it. Maybe it's because the little girl is so sweet looking. Heck, so is her little fire friend. The music is beautiful. I enjoyed it. This is the first M3 game I have completed and I'm going to practice so that I can complete the challenge levels.

Edited on 08/30/2014 at 2:46:40 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 24, 14 7:40 AM
Pros: timed(?)/untimed modes and special modes, awesome storyline/graphics/music, able to make moves constantly

Cons: challenge mode overly hard, trophies

The screenshots in the game download page don't do The Snow (Fable) justice...I remember seeing this game previously and thinking that it looked sort of boring as it seemed like a board of colored stones and not a lot of variety. But after finally buying a new computer that would run this game, I took a chance on it and am very pleasantly surprised at the game's quality. I bought the newest version so didn't have any of the tech issues I've seen reported earlier.

It's an absolutely beautiful game to listen to, look at, and play, and the storyline is one of the best I've seen in a M3. The twists on M3 swap gameplay require a fair bit of strategy to figure out. I can't speak for the original version offered at BFG, but although the adventure mode is supposedly "timed" I couldn't see a timer anywhere on my screens while playing it and never got any timer warnings. For those who want a definite relaxed mode, there is a separate game mode which is untimed, and other game modes unlock as you go along. Moves can be made all the time which is a plus especially in the challenge mode, which is hair-pulling hard and will give even experienced M3 players a run for their money.

About the only quibbles I can find are that the adventure mode is pretty short at 40 levels and not very challenging. Challenge mode on the other hand will drive most players nuts as I couldn't do some of the boards (like to consider myself a pretty decent M3 player ) and several others took many tries to earn the maximum gem award. There are a lot of trophies to earn, but most are of the "playing the game long enough" kind. But overall, a very enjoyable game which I'm happy to have found.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 11, 15 2:28 PM
Fun match 3 with many options of play to chose from once you open them from the Adventure game. The Adventure game has a story which is a good length, but the other game choices are just basic games to play which are fun and are timed except the relaxed mode.

For a match 3 a 5 out of 5 star for me. A total match 3 game.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 29, 15 11:50 PM
I've been playing this long game off and on now for a few months and I really like it. Interesting storyline, colorful graphics, beautiful music, and always fun match 3 with its associated powerups provide many hours of fun. Some areas get harder the further you get into the game but it provides a good challenge when you have different options to play at the beginning. It's worth playing the demo.

Go to: