virago620
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by virago620 on Aug 29, 13 7:37 PM
I've played through the game and the bonus content (day off, rainy weather, lots of fun).

It's a great deal of fun and I really enjoyed it. It absolutely froze every time I quit and I needed to exit via Task Manager. The error in Windows 7 reads:

Access violation at 0x004c81bd (tried to read from 0x0000056c), program terminated

There's also a coding error in the bonus content in the gear puzzle. When you click on the spots the gears attach, a message still in code pops up. I didn't write it down, and I can't recreate it.

And emblem is spelled incorrectly, too, in the bonus content. Which isn't technical. =

Maybe this info helps. I hope so. I think it's a great game and had a nice, relaxing afternoon playing it.

Marianne

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 13 4:39 AM
Hi folks!

For those of you seeing access violation messages, please have a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to tackle this:

Access Violation

Also, to combat freezing issues, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If a slightly new driver has been released, that could make all the difference to how your game runs for you.

That being said, if you would like us to look into this for you or you are experiencing the freeze when attempting to exit the game, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 30, 13 5:56 AM
So you are saying it is our computers and not the game?
I ask sincerely and would like to play the game, but it messes up my other files when things freeze.
sorry, older person and NOT computer savvy

bobbyr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bobbyr1 on Aug 30, 13 9:59 AM
When the game starts, I get the error: Can't load image: images/ce/inv_ce_07_code_icon
What to do?

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Aug 30, 13 11:33 AM
Entered the third gate, clicked on arrow in labarinth and the following message, then it threw me out. CallFunction arrow2_add failed in object arrow 2

this is the 2nd game in a month that has major errors. I've been a member for years, but not for much longer if this keeps up - very unhappy

[Post New]by natchamatter on Aug 30, 13 1:27 PM
I get to the thrid gate , when I click on the arrow the game locks and I ge the following message: CallFunction arrow2_add failed in object arrow 2
Please resolve this issue.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 30, 13 2:37 PM
As I said, I would like to play this game...
I am not to happy the mod's haven't even addressed what I said as I have a new computer and along with that I can get them to update my drivers...
Hmmm...I won't even try it now!
Sorry, just think we need more info that go with the direction to fix OUR computers that seem to be fine otherwise.

By the way, what happened with Valdy? Haven't heard a peep' from her since she said she was having these problems

Edited on 08/30/2013 at 2:39:26 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 30, 13 6:06 PM
CiChDa wrote:As I said, I would like to play this game...
I am not to happy the mod's haven't even addressed what I said as I have a new computer and along with that I can get them to update my drivers...
Hmmm...I won't even try it now!
Sorry, just think we need more info that go with the direction to fix OUR computers that seem to be fine otherwise.

By the way, what happened with Valdy? Haven't heard a peep' from her since she said she was having these problems

I posted my problem, and am waiting now for the developers to give us an updated version. Unless one is forthcoming, I am not getting this game.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 30, 13 7:22 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Valdy; until there is a new build I don't need to add to my headaches. I always take a look at the tech issues thread and, in this case, I won't even demo this until these issues are resolved. I just feel as though is leaving us "floundering" and I don't like that feeling.

[Post New]by belliwinks on Aug 30, 13 10:23 PM
Playing on a Mac; got as far as the medical building.

I had found the flower pot and was in the middle of doing the flower pot mini game (placing the pots next to compatible pots; not next to incompatible pots). Shut down the game to take a break. When I came back, the pink flower pot is no longer visible in the mini game; but I can play the mini game with a blank; (two pots have empty spaces in their "rollover" pictures where the pink pot should be).

Can't go back to get the pink pot where it originally came from; that section is now inactive.

Can't progress without completing the mini game....

Not sure what to do without restarting completely?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 31, 13 5:49 AM
Any news on a fix?

Thanks for your replies back folks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 13 6:23 AM
Hi folks!

Just to let you know, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. I am sorry if we seem to be repeating ourselves at times but without having a look at your set up, we can only provide generic support.

Hence, for those of you still having trouble with the game, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some specific troubleshooting is to have you contact our Tech Support Team. Doing so also helps us to track issues and collect feedback to pass on to developers more easily.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 31, 13 8:44 AM
You guys do a wonderful job...Thank you bfg Baikal...I hope I didn't come across as demeaning in regards to you or anyone not paying attention, that was not my intent. Again, you all are wonderful! K?

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 31, 13 9:18 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:The game would not download after I purchased it. I had to "restart" my computer then go into my purchase history and download from there.

This is the 2nd. game I have purchased where I must restart my computer and download it from my purchase history.

Is there a solution to this problem? Is my game manager messed up or is it my computer, I wouldn't think I would have to restart my computer each time I want to purchase a game and download it. Would having too many games in my game manager cause this?

Thanks ... Judy

Judy thanks for posting this issue you really helped me out. I have spent a ton of time trying to install this game after purchase.
Thanks again,
Care

[Post New]by CanonicalKoi on Sep 1, 13 10:10 AM
I'm running a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.7.5. I've run software updates (none available) and am currently running the latest version of Flash (11.8.800.94). I downloaded and installed the game yesterday and when I tried to play, only got a black screen. The only way to get out of it was to shut down my laptop. I checked for any tech support suggestions and followed them--I trash-canned the game and downloaded it again, checked Software Update and checked my version of Flash. When I attempted to run the game again, I got the same results, a black screen that I had to shut down my computer to get out of.

Also, the game doesn't show up in Game Manager except as a purchased item. The only place it shows up is under Applications. I've attempted starting the game from "Play Now" after the download and from the App folder--same result every time. Any suggestions gratefully received.

09/02 ETA: I also downloaded "Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow", "Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice", and "Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas" in addition to "Sable Maze". Out of those, "Tiger Eye" and "Mystery Trackers" both work just fine. "Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas" refuses to do anything and yes, it's been uninstalled and re-downloaded several times, in addition to "Sable Maze" just going to a black screen. I'm a little disappointed--I never had a problem with BF Games not working before.

Edited on 09/02/2013 at 6:14:49 PM PST

[Post New]by spydee on Sep 1, 13 5:18 PM
I too am frustrated. The game loaded and played perfectly until I checked the Strategy Guide. When I tried to close it, everything froze up and I had to use Task Manager to escape. I deleted the game and installed it again. Same thing happened again - everything was fine until I tried to get out of the Strategy Guide.

I tried twice. There will be no third try for me until things are fixed.

By the way, I'm so happy to see Valdy back! I've missed you!!

[Post New]by issybell on Sep 1, 13 5:51 PM
CiChDa wrote:Too many tech issues..pls. let us know when you fix them

I am stuck inside the caves after only playing for about 30 mins. The triangular floor tiles outside the door are simply supposed to be clicked in the order of the paper sitting right next to them. I did that and it's supposed to open the door but nothing happens. I checked the guide and I'm doing it correctly. After reading some of these problems of freezing up am I going to keep having problems with this game? I NEVER have problems. I have windows 7, 64 bit.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 1, 13 10:32 PM
I have had the same problem with the 'freezing' of the screen when trying to enter after going thru the gate. Screen went black. Would not 'exit'. Had to do the task manager to end process, then a window open that I have 'never' seen, it stated something about an 'editor error', was brief and not able to do a screenshot or write down.

I was very much enjoying the game, if fact have 21 minutes left in demo.

Darn this is second game that has a 'tech issue'.

Of course the first was updated, working for now after reinstall yesterday. Well made note of it in that game forum.
l.
Also BF automatic updated the BFApp two days ago, AGAIN!

Have had no problems in over a year with any game.

So will just wait to see if there is an update fix before deciding upon a purchase.

Lets...

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 2, 13 9:13 AM
I keep checking...no updates or news for those of us that don't want the issues that have been stated....I get tired of calling my computer support over issues with games...they actually have me on the 'back up and recovery protection at risk list' now

edited for further clarification

Edited on 09/02/2013 at 9:16:25 AM PST

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Sep 2, 13 10:28 AM
This played fine in the demo - only now that I've bought it, I play for 10 minutes, then it either freezes or I get an ''Access violation'' message I can't exit, ESC has no effect & I can't even get the task manager up, so I have to pull the plug! I've checked all my things (drivers etc) are up to date......I really don't want to pester the techies if there's a fix on the way, but I'm getting a tad frustrated.....

Go to: