cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sea of Lies: Mutiny of the Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 1, 13 12:30 AM
Hapless wrote:Although I am not good enough to do reviews, I just had to ditto everything gryhndivr
has said.

Excellent game, these devs are just something else. I really don't want it to end.

Linda

Everyone is good enough to do a review Linda, just state what you particularly like and/or dislike about the game sweetie.

Just in case you are wondering why I am not practising what I am preaching it is because I really enjoy this devs games so much that I immediately bought it without trying it as I know I will not be disappointed.

Cherb

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 1, 13 1:41 AM
I am crazy about pirate games and this one is above the average, way above with a great storyline to make it quite interesting. The graphics were clear and you felt like you were there, this dev has done it again!

Music I do not even recall for the hour demo as was involved with the details of this fasinating period of time and probably how we have all come to know those brawling, drunken, fun loving pirates to be, even when they are evil!

Many reviews give it five and I will add the two

Its been a looooooong while since I have enjoyed a HO game and this was has them but all are plus bling!

Lets...

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Sep 1, 13 6:12 AM
Yes I agree with some of the statements about the game being too easy and still give sparkles playing expert mode. It is possibly one of the easiest I have played, but even so, I truly enjoyed playing it.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 1, 13 7:33 AM
Not sure whether there were strategy guide, interactive map comes with tasks icons (cute and graphical ones at that). HOP that is by outline as well as interactive HOS

Movie like scenery and easy to play through. Easy mini games and I got awarded for playing w/o skipped, even for HOS w/o using Hints,

Hints recharged quite fast in normal mode, not sure abt others. Try insance if u are insane enough to battle that.

This game seems to continue from a certain series yet I could not recall, anyone could pls just comment. (Older minds, what do u expect)

BUY BUY BUY

(Songs to download instead of wallpaper, pictures as well, and ability to play again HOP, mini puzzles). FUN FUN FUN. Collectibles are some sorts of paper with numbers/symbols, every scene has one, look out for it

[Post New]by rhodalumpkin on Sep 1, 13 11:09 AM
OG, I JUST beta tested this game. I am so happy it is here already. Bought it on the spot.

[Post New]by bgaddy on Sep 2, 13 7:06 AM
Game excellent, EXCEPT way too short. Not worth even the 1/2 price.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 2, 13 2:40 PM
First of all, well said Cherbtoo!

I have a few of this dev's games and have enjoyed what I have. This game has nice graphics and game play. Voice overs are quite nice and appropriate for the time and setting. However, I do not see a need to have a cutout of the person speaking when they are standing right in front of you. You can click through the dialoge, which I like, since I read faster than they speak. There is a jump map, which is very helpful since you do a lot of running around. Nice SG and hint system, both very helpful.

HOGs are a little different. Very clean and not difficult to find items. The only thing I didn't care for were all the sparkles to tell me where the "close up silhouette" items were. I demo all new games on the easiest setting, but that was beyond easy and not necessary, as the items were not difficult to see or find.

The one thing that I "really" didn't care for is that it only shows two chapters. I like to see how many there are to gauge about how long a game might be. The only extras I have seen so far is the need to find a piece of paper in each scene...not sure why yet.

This is suppose to be based on true facts, but I don't remember this story at all. Granted, I am not a pirate expert, but I do have a great interest and have read quite a lot on them. Still, not to say it didn't happen...who knows what really went on back then.

This was not an extremely challenging game and the games were not difficult. I did find the story interesting and the game fun for a change of pace. I know, I have sworn off CE games, but the half price sale makes it dificult and I have been sitting on another one, waiting for a sale like this. I will get this game and the other today.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Sep 3, 13 1:23 PM
Shame on you Big Fish. You wouldn't let me post my review when I gave this game only 2 stars. So, I see you are controlling what the general public sees when they first look at the game. The game was just a 2 star game. VERY EASY!! Too short. The graphics and music were good. Sorry I bought it, even though I paid half, really more than half since I am a member.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Sep 3, 13 6:26 PM
Funny, I just beta tested this game and gave it rave reviews and then...poof! Here it was for sale...in a sale.I bought it right away. Love the pirate theme, the music is cheerful and fun, the graphics and cut scenes are great. I spend time just looking at the details put into this game. Eipix is becoming one of my favorite devs. Thank you Big Fish and Developers for a nice game. Gotta go now, I am on the Island and need to save someone....I am sure!!

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Sep 4, 13 12:42 PM
I "LOVED" this game. Does anyone else think that the Baroness looks like Lady Ga Ga?

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Sep 5, 13 5:53 PM
This was a really fun game. Lots of puzzles, good story line, plenty of hos if you are a fan of this type of game I highly recommend it. Very entertaining, thank you, BFG

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Sep 6, 13 6:56 PM
I am sorry that I wasted any money on this game. The graphics were slightly pixelated on my wide screen, there was a good deal of sensitivity about where you placed an item to make an action occur, there was a delay after you finished a puzzle which made you think that you might not have gotten it right, the H0 scenes were quite numerous and the puzzles were super easy. I guess this would be worth it at a much reduced price. Unfortunately, without the bonus game included in the CE, the story isn't complete.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 9, 13 7:04 AM
Finished this yesterday, and while it is not one of the longer games,
it was way longer than two hours for my style of play. With graphics
this nice, I do slow down and enjoy. Usually wait for SEs, but read
in reviews that this one needed the Bonus Game for proper ending
so went for the CE on the half-price sale and glad I did as I agree
that main game does not have a proper ending.

I hate when the main game ends this way and usually will not buy
either version when it does, but dang it, I so enjoyed these HOs
that I broke my own rules in order to play them. I enjoyed them
so much, that I forgot to even try the M3s you could substitute;
where I normally find all but one HO then go to M3 to finish.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 13, 13 5:03 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. The game-play was on the easy side, but it held my interest.

The graphics are excellent. The HO Scenes were very nicely done with variety of interactive searching.

There is a type of collectible, because you search each scene for a "paper".

I do feel that the Bonus Game, for the CE makes the ending complete. I think the SE ending will leave the player looking for more; that is my opinion.

I am looking forward to more games from this developer.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 21, 13 10:29 AM
Really enjoyed playing this one, just finished main game and bonus, and I re-played the mini games, which is unusual for me, so great job on mini's developers .

I thought the story was well done, loved the characters, loved the H0'S with the special H0 scene, within the H0 game DOUBLE the FUN, and made the game play A LOT more enjoyable, and a bonus that other H0G'S don't have .
I also liked how we got to combine items, new and different also, felt like you were really making the item .
I didn't have any issues, game play just was smooth sailing, and it was just an enjoyable game to play, start to finish .
The map was very helpful, and I did like collecting the papers, but in future games, would LOVE to see more collectables, that are more of a challenge to find.
In Linden Shades, there were 3 different collectables, which I just LOVED, so wish this game would of had more, like the developers did in that game .
BELIEVE me, us fishies love collectables, can't have to many of those .

I must say I also enjoyed the EXTRA'S ...the making of and the photo's, I just like seeing the brilliant people that put so much effort into their games, it makes it personal, like meeting actors in a movie, you enjoy .
I watched " The making of film, and looked at each and every picture..COOL .
CHEER'S....developers on a job well done, I really enjoyed your game, so THANKS for all of your hard work and effort, it paid off IMHO and I always read the funny bonus credits, nice touches that I appreciate .

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 23, 14 10:43 PM

I love good Pirate games & this one is one of the best I've played
It is not too easy & not too hard...just very enjoyable No aspirin and sneaker changes needed

A very enjoyable game that I played in middle difficulty level with no trouble & when stuck in a scene the SG was sufficient to get me back on the path

The story line is based on historical facts and was not full on dark dungeons.

Graphics very nice but sometimes a little grainy on my desktop and there was a 12 -15 second lag when changing scenes but was tolerable since the gameplay and storyline had me hooked

As usual my fellow Fishies that gave very descriptive and wonderfully worded reviews are the reason I bought this CE and again I thank them

If you like nautical pirate games please give it a try and I am really happy I bought it as a CE

This one gets a out of 5

Edited on 02/23/2014 at 10:45:50 PM PST

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Sep 13, 14 12:11 AM
I have just played this game on my IPad. Thought it was an excellent game altho' a little short. What I was really pleased about, there was no dark, dreary or occult parts in it. Thankyou Devs. Bring on no: 2, will certainly buy. Congrats to Devs., and BFG.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Jan 30, 15 4:18 AM
Another boring game from eipix who seem to have gone the way of Elephant games. Can no-one come up with an original idea anymore?

Go to: