bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 9, 13 2:17 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing issues with the scythes, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that clears up the problem. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to look into that so we can determine the cause. The more information we have the better when looking into problems like this.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nehmah on Sep 10, 13 6:02 AM
I'm really glad I read these messages. I was ready to pitch my laser mouse; I thought it was the problem. I am using a laptop/Windows 8/ and Ethernet etc. and figured "surely it has to be the "whatever" I will drop back with the results. Nehmah

Later: My spouse ran a Malware scan and found three items All started w/PUP/optional. Upon removing them, all our trouble was gone. I will contact Help for assistance on how to safely forward the site names if it will be of any use. Nehmah

Edited on 09/10/2013 at 3:25:59 PM PST

[Post New]by amberkitty1 on Sep 14, 13 10:03 PM
I am also having trouble, My scythe pieces have disappeared. Now what do I do?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 15, 13 3:15 AM
Hi amberkitty1,

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support so we can take a closer look at this with you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Fearghus on Sep 17, 13 12:18 PM
game stops when all 5 blades of death's scythe are gathered. they vanish and I can't give them to the blacksmith to proceed. have tried reloading game to no avail. is there a fault in the game?

revmc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by revmc on Sep 19, 13 9:07 PM
I was enjoying the game until I had to place the recipe next to the caldron. It can't be done. The forum suggested some solutions, but they didn't help. Also, there are pieces of sheet music in 2 locations, that also can't be picked up. The strategy guide is no help at all. I guess I wasted my money on this one.

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Sep 22, 13 9:54 AM
I also had the issue with the scythe blades, got round it by going back to main menu and resuming game.
Now, I'm playing it the second time, I've got a similar issue with the rusty knife in the glove with the gems. There's a shadow, but I can't pick up the knife itself. I'm going to try restarting the whole game, but it's a bit annoying (especially if it came to the point where I'd constantly had to un-/reinstall.

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Sep 23, 13 4:41 AM
Well, did the dreaded un- and reinstall option and guess what: Game doesn't even open now with no error message. I've tried starting it from shortcut on desktop and from the windows menu and it goes straight onto the game manager, saying "Thank you for playing ROF". What?
Tried starting it from the game manager and it just shuts down the whole manager.

I'm giving it another shot at downloading and reinstalling.

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Sep 25, 13 12:26 PM
I am having the same problem of collecting things and having them just disappear from inventory. My problem started with the collection of the gears for the merry go round in the Fair Square.

[Post New]by katohavice on Sep 25, 13 4:16 PM
My game will not let me place the recipe next to the cauldron

[Post New]by jankoll on Sep 30, 13 9:25 PM
I am having problems with the gears for the merry-go-round. When I found them they didn't show up on my inventory but It said gears when I placed the cursor on the inventory. I could not place them though and when I tried even the word disappeared. I tried turning off the special effects and that didn't work so I reloaded the game. Still no gears, I'm stopped dead in the game. It needs to be fixed or I want my money back!

PLeiaSolo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PLeiaSolo on Nov 7, 13 6:20 PM
I am having the slo-mo and jerky problems with this game and with Bloody Mary. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and disabled the special effects. SHEESH!!! I guess I have to contact Tech Support. I've never had problems with Elephant games before these two. WHAT'S UP??

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Nov 21, 13 8:35 PM
I'm also having Problems with my game. It doesn't open anymore and I already un- and reinstalled it - TWICE!

Does anyone know what to do about that Problem?

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bonny1957 on Mar 8, 14 5:13 PM
cannot get scoop to bury the peach pit in the pot I believe the scoop is under the ash in the fireplace in the palace but it will not let me clean or find anything to clean the ash with

[Post New]by nyterae58 on Mar 12, 14 12:34 PM
I went back in to the game, when I got to the play screen a pop-up said my profile had been corrupted an it started me from the beginning. Not sure I want to Start over. I'm glad of the self-fix. Not sure what It all means can I get back where I was at some point with out starting over???

Go to: