roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Reviews for Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 10, 13 3:31 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Another game from the Pachyderm. To me, not as good as previous games by the dev. [...] The HOG scenes were consistent with others we have had in the past. There is nothing new to "wow" me in this game. Ghosts are capturing the women in this town. I have yet to figure out why. This is a decent game but to me, not terribly exciting. I think I will pass on this game unless there is some type of special with the CE's this week.

An okay game, based on the demo, but not great. The black bar hints are very annoying as was the creepy prisoner guy, especially after he got his Transformer-style suit of armor. I might get the SE if it ever goes on sale, but I wouldn't waste a game credit on it. (I can't figure out why anyone would buy a credit to purchase a game when credits cost exactly the same amount as the game. )

This dev has had several games lately that have disappointed me.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 21, 13 1:43 PM
.....So sad to say because I know Elephant put's a lot of hard work into their games, BUT after buying this CE ...I just wanted it to end already .

I really don't like to write negative reviews, but after spending on a game I will never play again, I felt I needed to explain why, because I usually like Elephant games .
First of all, LOVE their graphics, they are just STUNNING, and I enjoy thier H0 scenes, but the fun factor and entertainment, IMHO only, is REALLY missing, for me anyway .
The game just became TEDIOUS instead of fun, back and forth, back and forth, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, making me lose interest in the story, and the game play, I was bored to ...or felt like pulling my hair out , which isn't by any means, why I play games, I play to relax and have fun, neither of which I felt why playing this.
AND I just hate to delete a game without finishing it, but for the first time, I did just that, even though I hated to do it, I just couldn't go on .
The best way I can explain it, is it just became like doing steps, NO EXCITEMENT that I could find, when you have so many area's that need so many items, per area, that you keep having to go back to, over and over, I just lost interest.
This also makes the story move at a snails pace, also making the game flow just as S-L-O-W .

I am not saying it's a bad game, I am sure there are those fishie's that will just love it, and that is ok, really wish I did after paying for it though.
I would really love to start enjoying Elephant games, like I have in the past, so I wish I could figure out, exactly why I am not anymore because it does make me sad .

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 5, 13 4:47 AM
I'm with you quarlesqueen. This is the first time I felt frustrated with a game by this developer. After a while I realised I would have to be back tracking and trying to remember where all those gnomes were or the will o the wisps, the screws!
One or two where you have to go back and collect things is OK, but this just felt like a way to extend the game.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 12, 13 6:41 AM
Hespera wrote:Based on Demo

Cute game; however, another developer that states hardcore mode is for those that wish to play the game with no assistance whatsoever, yet they bombard us with text hints (black bar) and labels each time something is clicked (guess I'll have to fix the ladder, find the key for the lock, get oil for the mechanism, there must be instructions here somewhere, etc.).

There aren't supposed to be sparkles either, and yet, single items do have 'glints' (at least in the demo.

Exactly. I'm fed up with this dev's lie/false advertising:
game offers 2 play levels only, not 3 in truth, & neither is anything at all comparable to hardcore!

This complaint has been put against these devs many times, yet they persist to be too lazy to give us the little extra 1 or 2 hours needed for them to edit out those hints/tips from hardcore, so obviously these devs are pleased to lose the business of advanced/experienced gamers.

And that's ok! Other great devs are around who do care about satisfying advanced players' challenge level & delivering on what they advertise!
Myself, I won't be buying another from Elephant devs & certainly cannot recommend this game.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jan 29, 14 12:34 AM
Well, I personally liked the game. I normally play casual mode simply because I'm not a v. hardcore gamer. If I was a " hardcore gamer ", I'd be on a different system. Anyway, I also found that when I played these games day after day, I found myself becoming extremely critical and giving almost everything a bad review. So I laid off the gaming for a bit and I come back to this game. Graphics were great, the story line actually went somewhere, and I didn't have problems finding gnomes, or such, since the map basically gives you an exclamation mark when there is action available. I found it a great game to play and I was not in a rush to hurry up and get it over with to get to whatever other game I downloaded. I find it ironic that some people get upset when they think a game is v. short, and yet others complain when it's too long. For me, this game was worth the money for a CE. The good thing about a CE is when you open the SG, you immediately see the dev has a chapter dedicated to collectibles, so you do know what to collect. Also the achievements are accessible prior to game play. Just a delight.

Go to: