bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 15, 13 2:07 PM
Hi jaxxgirl,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the saved data not storing correctly, so I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can offer some steps on getting that fixed.

DebA0987 - Our help article here goes over some steps that may help with that error if you'd like to check it out:

Access Violation

azrt - If you haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I recommend giving that a try. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If the tips provided here aren't working, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help out and offer additional assistance.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Tabascocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Fair and reeds technical glitch

[Post New]by Tabascocat on Sep 15, 13 4:48 PM
I am having the same trouble as others. I got the fairy magic to part the reeds (I can even see it in her hand when I am in the room with the bear) but when I go to the room where I need to part the reeds and click on the fairy it says that the fairy can't help me without magic.

I am running on the Mac version.

dodosan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dodosan on Sep 16, 13 6:49 AM
I purchased Flights of Fancy: Two Doves CE without trying the program. When I downloaded the game and tried to play I kept getting an Error message stating it could not execute the program. I have tried all the support suggestions and none of them worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still can't get the Game to start. I am REALLY stuck and at this point I don't have a clue what I can do. My OS is Windows 8.

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Sep 16, 13 9:10 AM
griffgirl wrote:I played the demo, no problem. Now that I have bought the game, when I click to play, a screen pops up saying thank you for playing. I have uninstalled, will reinstall and see if that fixes it. The problems with these games seems to happen too often. It is getting ridiculous. Playing the demos is fine but once I pay for it the problems begin.

I too have this same problem! Seems that I have more and more problems with games? Big Fish always seems to fix or refund but it is very irritating!!!!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 16, 13 12:01 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're having problems getting the game to open, or if the game is crashing, please check out our help article here with some helpful tips:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Tabascocat - I'm not positive what's causing that error, but our Tech Support Team may be able to assist you in finding a solution. You can also try reinstalling the game to see if that helps using our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 16, 13 1:49 PM
I have Windows XP. The game runs sooooo slowly. I have given up trying to play it. I've never had this problem with an ERS game before.
Could my computer be getting old? I'd appreciate any help and/or input!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 17, 13 2:43 PM
Heya dollyflower,

Usually when there's lagging like that in a game, it's an indication that an update is needed on the computer. For Assistance finding those updates, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't work, one of our Tech Support Reps would be happy to take a closer look and offer more specialized help to get you back to playing your games.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly,

bfgDeveron

Kkdoc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Kkdoc on Sep 22, 13 8:04 PM
azrt wrote:During the bonus game there is a HOS scene where you need to erase the chalkboard. when I go to pick up the eraser, the curser turns into a hand a couple inches in front of it, and to pick it up, I have to click at that space, not on the item. When I bring it over the chalkboard it does not interact, tried clicking it all over the board. usually works in place where had turned into magnifying glass, saying I need to start over with the picture on the board, but no luck. so dead in the water on it.

I am having this same problem. No matter where I try to place the eraser on or around the chalkboard, there is absolutely no interaction! This has never happened in any game I have played before. The game is finished at that point because there is no way to advance. Anybody have a solution?

ethyl2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ethyl2 on Sep 23, 13 7:55 PM
I also had the problem with the chalkboard. Changed the difficulty to easy, went out and came back in and it worked .Changed difficulty back and so far so good.

[Post New]by ChaosCookie13 on Sep 27, 13 5:35 AM
Once again I've unknowingly purchased a game that won't run properly ! Once again the usual platitudes from BF, oh try this, try that, uninstall, blah blah.
I'm a technophobe all I want is to switch on the PC and get what I ask for and, more to the point, what I paid for. VERY unimpressed BF.

[Post New]by XCalburLdy on Sep 28, 13 6:49 PM
I finished the main game and it said I unlocked the bonus game, I was tired and exited the game and wanted to finish it tonight but now when I go in it asks me if I want to play it over again, there is not option for the bonus game. Do I have replay the whole thing again or did I miss something?

[Post New]by mousebury41 on Sep 30, 13 3:06 PM
I have purchased Flights of Fancy: I have played the entire game without error. However, wanting to play it again, I am having issues with putting the hermit crab in the water. It will NOT go in anyplace in the water! Trust me, I have tried about 100 times. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it thinking this might solve the problem...no such luck! I am stuck and can't go any further. I love this game and want to play it more than once!

[Post New]by jackdon30 on Oct 1, 13 11:38 AM
I am having the same problem. Did not get the plant spell either. Can not go any further with the game. There has to be some problem with it. I am sure there will be more post on this as soon as more people start playing it. I spent many hours getting to this point I would hate to start over and it still does not work. You guys should really look into this.

mvena
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mvena on Oct 3, 13 2:03 PM
your game will not play and do not say use the help pages because i did and still nothing . I paid for a game I can not play .

[Post New]by XCalburLdy on Oct 3, 13 9:19 PM
I already created one post saying that I finished the game and it said that I unlocked the bonus game and quit for the night only to go back in the morning and the game is asking me if I want to play it over. Is there any update as to why I can't open the bonus chapter or is there a fix in the works for this game from the developers and it is really frustrating that since it is a CE and more expensive that there are so many glitches I am ready about. I really want to find out what happens in the end and don't like when I spend money on something I can't complete, I'm on a limited income and when I do chose to get a CE I have to save for it. Very disappointed that this was not thoroughly beta tested before release, I usually like ERS Games but this one although the game is beautiful, did they run out of production time or have to meet a budget deadline and release with sooo many problems. Not the quality I expect from the developer or Big Fish.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Oct 9, 13 6:54 PM
azrt wrote:During the bonus game there is a HOS scene where you need to erase the chalkboard. when I go to pick up the eraser, the curser turns into a hand a couple inches in front of it, and to pick it up, I have to click at that space, not on the item. When I bring it over the chalkboard it does not interact, tried clicking it all over the board. usually works in place where had turned into magnifying glass, saying I need to start over with the picture on the board, but no luck. so dead in the water on it.

I am having the same problem. I guess there is a glitch here if more than one person is having same problem.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Oct 9, 13 9:26 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It worked this time. You have to use the chalk, click on the square and get the message, go for the eraser and erase. You have to do this three times.

tbcoe
Marlin
Marlin
9,599 Posts

[Post New]by tbcoe on Oct 12, 13 2:02 AM
I can't seem to find Live Chat. Doesn't Big Fish have that anymore?

treklady1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by treklady1 on Oct 12, 13 5:07 PM
In the bonus chapter for the problems with the chalk and eraser, just exit the scene and go back in. It should then work. It looks like a bug in the game.

[Post New]by magic2 on Oct 18, 13 6:18 AM
I am have an issue with the Collector's bonus ending.
Trying to put the Instructions, star, ashes, etc, onto
the edge of the cauldron and they will not go.
Have put them in order per instructions and still nothing.
Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong??

Go to: