eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 26, 13 6:33 PM
Has anyone unlocked the Charleston location? It is the very last one in the row of cities, but supposedly it can be opened after upgrading all buildings in the three locations to level 1?? I've done that, but it remains locked. Is this a glitch, or by "all buildings" they also mean the couple of buildings that already exist but will only be available in a future update??

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 26, 13 11:51 PM
I just noticed that a new version has come out. It's indicated on my GM.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 27, 13 4:56 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:Running on Windows 7 PC 64 Bit

Well hold on to your chair there This game definitely has issues. I can't believe I can't use the auction house. I have it upgraded to level 1 have the building permit and now 3 neighbors. No matter if I enter through the auction house or use the auction hammer icon off to the side I get a "loading" page for about a good minute or two. Then it says there was an error in loading the page and then it says nothing to be loaded now and i also see nothing as others said they got this message but still see auctions where you can bid. Well I see nothing and even going through the collections I see see nothing. Oh and auction house is in the process of upgrading to level 2. Just have to wait for it to get done.

Oh and this game is not recording the picky shopper achievement as this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've played this. I know I haven't played it 5 times to get the achievement but I've played it at least 2 or 3 times and still says a BIG 0.

I'm also far enough along in the game as I'm at level 19. I love the game but this needs fixed.

I have exactly the same problems:

1. I can't use the Auction House

2, The picky shopper achievement isn't working.

I'm playing on PC/WIN 7

Edited on 09/27/2013 at 5:03:00 AM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 27, 13 5:48 AM
I'm just posting an update here. I've been in contact with customer service and uninstalling/reinstalling the game worked for me and I didn't lose anything as that was my concern and the picky shopper achievement is now working for me cause I just played that and went to see if it recorded it and it did!

Thanks Lessa customer service.

ETA: I meant to say auction house is working as well.

Edited on 09/27/2013 at 6:03:08 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 27, 13 5:50 AM
I was just going to repost my previous message, Sportygal. Perhaps Eli hasn't seen that there is a new version of the game out today!!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Sep 27, 13 6:02 AM
Valdy wrote:I was just going to repost my previous message, Sportygal. Perhaps Eli hasn't seen that there is a new version of the game out today!!

I've been in contact with Eli cause they sent me a message through the game. I told them to try the uninstall/reinstall and that should work but won't guarantee.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 27, 13 7:42 AM
Thank you both very much!

I installed the update a while ago and it appears to be working fine.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Sep 27, 13 9:57 AM
Wow. My version had been playing fine...now it updated and i cant even finish installing. I have tried reinstalling, i've also reinstalled my game manager and nothing. i can't play at all!!
it tells me i didnt purchase this game at one point and now it just wont install at all

synnora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by synnora on Sep 27, 13 10:56 AM
A lot of issues here! Was this game made in one day or something? A lot of the foods I've used have not increased my energy. I had 9000 coins and was saving for the fountain quest, + around 100 gold. I closed the game and when I went on an hour after I had only 3000 coins and 3 gold!! Also, there was no tutorial to the game, and the "how to play" section is very messy. The quests for buying things for the shop and upgrading other buildings are not realistic in terms of how much we make from the quests and how much energy we have, at least for a satisfying game play.

[Post New]by GamesRUs on Sep 27, 13 12:12 PM
Purchased gold from In Game Store but it has not been credited to me. Payment was made immediately through PayPal. What do I do?

synnora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by synnora on Sep 27, 13 12:45 PM
synnora wrote:A lot of issues here! Was this game made in one day or something? A lot of the foods I've used have not increased my energy. I had 9000 coins and was saving for the fountain quest, + around 100 gold. I closed the game and when I went on an hour after I had only 3000 coins and 3 gold!! Also, there was no tutorial to the game, and the "how to play" section is very messy. The quests for buying things for the shop and upgrading other buildings are not realistic in terms of how much we make from the quests and how much energy we have, at least for a satisfying game play.

And now I only have 613 coins and 1 gold. This game is a disaster!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 27, 13 2:44 PM
Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

First I want to make sure that everyone has the most recent version of the game. That update should show up in your Big Fish Games app. Just click on it to accept the update.

If it doesn't, just follow these steps:

1) Click on the 'Options' link on the top right-hand side of the app
2) Click on the 'Downloads' tab
3) Under 'Game Updates' select 'Manually'
4) Click 'Check for Updates'

If you're still having trouble with your game, please contact our Tech Support Team, so one of our Reps can take a closer look into your issues.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 27, 13 3:14 PM
After the newest update, the Auction House is super slow to load. It didn't take nearly this long before.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 27, 13 7:09 PM
Imberis, I am always counting to 20 until the Auction House loads.

So peeps should be aware that it will take a while, and that their screen is not frozen for eternity.

As for the other problems some peeps here have: so far, fingers crossed, I have not come across any problems.

synnora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by synnora on Sep 28, 13 6:49 AM
And yet another problem: I just logged in again, last time I played I had 5000 coins and 5 gold, and now only 2,600 coins and 0 gold, and a text show up for a couple of seconds that said "logged in as: melinn". Am I being logged in to different peoples accounts and spending their money and gold? That may be why there always a different amount of money. I am logged in on my username both here and on the big fish game manager on my computer.

Re: did not recieve my achievment reward

[Post New]by danaa21 on Sep 28, 13 1:22 PM
So I got 75 foodstuff bought and was supposed to reievce 50 gold bricks the message popped up i clicked to recieve no 50 gold bricks FRUSTRATING!!!

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Sep 28, 13 2:18 PM
Accidentally posted this on the main page so I deleted and reposted here...

So, I'll be playing the game with no problems and then suddenly the background visuals will go solid white. You can usually still see the buildings, but everything else will be white. Even the menus will be white to the point that you have to guess where the quit button is. Once I quit and restart, everything is fine, but I'm curious if anyone else is having the problem.

It first started happening only when I was listing things for auctions or actually looking at the auction listings. Now it seems to happen in various different menus such as the store, friends, etc. If it matters, my desktop screen resolution is set at 1280 x 960 so I'm not sure if that might be a problem. If anyone has had this problem or knows what's going on and how to fix it... Please share!

Thanks all!

** Also, I have already installed the update and am playing on XP if that may make a difference**

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 28, 13 5:21 PM
Hi Cisdaman and welcome to the Pond...

From what you've said, it sounds like your graphics card cannot deal with this game's graphics.

I remember when I played the Myst games, and when the later ones came out, some of the graphics disappeared and I only got white squares. Thank goodness, one of the games had a section where you could declick something so the animation was gone from the game, but the background graphics came back at least.

Seeing that you are still using XP, that is probably what happened.

Valdy

Edited on 09/28/2013 at 5:23:29 PM PST

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Sep 29, 13 1:59 PM
Hey Valdy, thanks for the welcome!

I was kinda thinking the same thing which is why I was hoping it might have been the game. I know how much everyone is talking about how long the auction screens take to load, so I was really hoping it might be a glitch and someone else might have had a similar problem. It is an older graphics card, but seeing that my computer was a do-it-myself number, it's still hanging in there. Once I quit, it always works fine when I restart so I'm okay til I gather enough cash to build my next pc. Thanks for confirming my suspicions and happy gaming!

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 29, 13 5:19 PM
I have had issues with many of the achievements not recording what I am doing. I was at 73 updated buildings and updated three more and am still at 73 updated buildings. It doesn't seems to count all the mini games that I have played especially games in Paw Paw Grove. Like others, I have found that it hasn't counted all of Picky shopper games. I didn't notice this issue until after the most recent update.

Go to: