Mustang_Aly
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by Mustang_Aly on Oct 28, 13 3:50 AM
My tip for the dragon/beast runes?

I have only 407 runes. I try to always keep a minimum of one of every blue/black in reserve. If I see that tile at the start of the maze, I don't go any further, I let it time out.... I continue on when it is one that I have mutliples of.

I only start my fire dragons on a weekend so that I can feed it myself if need be. They require 10000 units of food. So it is also good to start it so your 24 hour clock runs across 2 days. That way all your neighbours have the chance to feed it twice.

I have found this to be the most effective way of reaching the end, with no real life $$ or diamonds spent.

harnold156
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harnold156 on Oct 28, 13 1:45 PM
I have a question if somebody could please help me. Why do the halloween creatures only give me pumkins I can't seem to get anything else I need to make the horror key but I have 48 pumkins?

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Oct 28, 13 2:25 PM
Harnold,

I'm copying your post to the thread about the Halloween event, so that people will see it. This thread is meant for specific tips for playing the game. Hope you don't mind!

Fairhavenfish01 (just another player of the game)

harnold156
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by harnold156 on Oct 28, 13 6:23 PM
sorry wasn't sure where to ask

Edited on 10/28/2013 at 6:40:52 PM PST

How to add neighbors

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Nov 2, 13 3:10 PM
Just to come back to the purpose of this thread: I copied some tips which tend to get lost in minor threads over time...

Good advice given by all! One major aspect of the game is the social part. The folks here are fantastic and willing to help so grab some neighbors from the neighbors code list thread by copying and then pasting them in the bottom window on the middle(?) tab in the social area. Does that make sense? In other words:

1. copy a neighbor's code from neighbor code thread here in the forum ("community")

2. click on social icon (little gold man head) lower right corner on game screen

3. choose the same icon again when the choice is the gold man head and the present

4. Go to the "all neighbors" tab and at the bottom is a little box where you can paste in the neighbor code you copied. do that for any neighbor code you want to use to request a neighbor. This game is impossible to complete without many neighbors. My neighbor code is: Q8nH9e if you want to use it to follow the steps above.

You will also see your neighbor code at the top of the "all neighbors" window that you can copy and then paste into the neighbors code thread here in the forum.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Nov 2, 13 3:38 PM
Explanation for game basics and some gifting rules:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/260289.page

Maze explanation in detail:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259404.page

Where come all the gifts from? (page 2, but the rest is also interesting)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/258776.page

Explanation for the Hall of Legends:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/260039.page

Wake up sleeping neighbors to get coins&xp:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259478.page

Buy 50 Gold Tarra Cards for 15 diamonds instead of 100 (summons ghosts):
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/260197.page

Any suggestions for the developers to add fun or challenge? Post here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259209.page

a little tip for the puzzle mode:
It is easier to left-click on a puzzle piece in the lower bar and then release the mouse button. The puzzle piece follows your mouse and will automatically snap into place without another click so you can spare the snapping back to the bar...

Some things about the Water Mill:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/258325.page

And some about the Gazebo of Mysteries:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/257124.page

Searching for stuff and can't find it? Maybe its a bad, bad translation:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/257681.page

And some explanations for Expeditions:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/261831.page

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 10:42:13 AM PST

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Nov 2, 13 3:46 PM
And last for now:

When your game freezes often and you only get the loading page:
DON'T PANIC *imagine friendly characters*

Main cause: using in-game messages or playing during day change.
We all have the same problem so leave the sledge hammer in the basement The solution suggestions cover rain dances, ommmming, biting into your table or threatening your PC. You can try all of this, if something works we all will be glad to get a note

Some browsers seem to work for different people better than others. IE seems to be no good choice, chrome and firefox are ok.

I'm going with Karl Valentin: "I'm happy when its raining because when I'm not happy about, it is still raining."
So here's the goodie: The refreshing shows you current expeditions and new creatures to feed so you get xps and coins. And help your neighbors of course

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Nov 3, 13 4:25 PM

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 10:42:46 AM PST

[Post New]by Silverthornfire on Nov 4, 13 9:41 AM
The order for the puzzle style is the same, so you can easily see how far you are from a specific area and that is:

Day
Shadow
Night
Reversed Room
Jumbled Words
Dismantled Image

They all cycle in order.. so for example, if you have two buildings on reversed room and you need jumbled words for a quest.. you only have to do the reversed room puzzle before you reach the jumbled words one.

Of course if you have a million white cards, you can just cycle through them.. but I prefer doing the puzzles and racking up the experience

talamasca2k1
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by talamasca2k1 on Nov 7, 13 2:37 PM
I have a tip for gifting friends with no wishes (or wishes I don't have ) Since all friends are arranged by what level they are on, it is somewhat safe to say that nearby friends will be eventually be needing the same items...so I just gift 2 or 3 people the same items. Otherwise if they have no wishes, I sometimes wait til I've done all my other gifting and then just do a mass gifting of one item to everyone who is left on the list....like the mint candies for the halloween challenge.

advice for filling your wishlist

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Nov 7, 13 9:21 PM
I'm adding lsmalplzs advice for filling your wishlist:

I've just finished my gifting and would like to pass on some advice for wish listing. This is just advice... however, I think most players prefer to go down the line of neighbors and gift straight from the wishlist (It's faster and easier! Plus, you know you're giving something your neighbor really needs. )

1. Fill out your wishlist and fill it out completely (all 5 slots) if you can.
2. Don't fill your wishlist with all the items needed to complete an artifact. Fill it with a variety of needed items.
3. Don't request a complete artifact - (Do I really need to explain this one? )
3. Fill your list with items that you need for the quests you are working on currently, not items that are multiple levels ahead of you.
4. Try to add an item (at least one) that even a newbie can gift.
5. Update your list frequently. Switch it up every now and again - live a little!

If you have an item on your list for several days and no one has been able to gift it - it's likely it is an item that is very difficult to get and therefore almost impossible to gift. If you're desperate for it, try posting in the forum to trade.

Effective wish listing makes it easier for all neighbors to gift you the items you really need at the moment which helps you advance faster.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Nov 8, 13 4:22 PM
After reading others comments I have edited my previous post to include the following:

>>>>>>>>>>....

6. If you insist on leaving your list empty or having only 1 or 2 items on your list you are most likely going to get nothing. Kind neighbors who have enough free gifts available will gift a Thorium Ore or Silicon Flint (a previously agreed Gifting
Nettiquite).

Another point: if you've an item on your list for several days that has not been gifted, it is often an item that people need frequently (such as Illusionist's Wand) and is very rarely gifted (it's probably not going to happen ); so it's taking up space on your list that you might use for something else.

Tips for expeditions

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Nov 8, 13 9:59 PM
We get rewarded with chests for expeditions.
* A red one goes to the organizer
* A blue one to the person who fed the most to the dragon
* A silver one for the last one to feed the dragon
* A brown one to the 10 people on top of the feeding list (normally there are less than 10 people feeding, so everyone gets a brown chest)

Here the tip and my beg for the organizer:

Don't feed your dragon too much at the beginning. Give someone else the chance to get the blue chest unless you are in desperate need of the items. It is demoralizing to others when there is no chance to get a valuable chest at all. If needed you can feed more when you start to panic that your dragon will not be fed in time...

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Nov 10, 13 3:00 PM
In this game, it's way easier to get items you no longer NEED (in the meaning that you're not desperately searching for them), just as it's really hard to get them when we have none.
So my tip is: once you get the parts for an artifact, try hard to resist the temptation to assemble it immediately. Instead, keep 2 (not just one) collected sets for each artifact. When you find the third set, THEN you can assemble one, and keep the other too as "collected" but not charged (or assembled).
Doing so will dramatically increase the number of parts for the artifacts that you can get by searching the rooms.
At least that's what I have observed.
The hard part is to resist the temptation, especially when I was THIS CLOSE to level up. but I really think 2 is the magic number. Haven't noticed any improvement on having 3 or more.
And of course, for almost every artifact we don't have the same amount for each part, some parts we have in surplus, other we can hardly find. The idea is to keep 2 pieces of the part which you have less. Still some parts are pretty rare in the game. Specially for those, it's good to keep 2 not assembled. Even if you don't resist and need to charge the item, keep at least one in the back.

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Nov 11, 13 4:20 AM
missmoose wrote:In this game, it's way easier to get items you no longer NEED (in the meaning that you're not desperately searching for them), just as it's really hard to get them when we have none.
So my tip is: once you get the parts for an artifact, try hard to resist the temptation to assemble it immediately. Instead, keep 2 (not just one) collected sets for each artifact. When you find the third set, THEN you can assemble one, and keep the other too as "collected" but not charged (or assembled).
Doing so will dramatically increase the number of parts for the artifacts that you can get by searching the rooms.
At least that's what I have observed.

Wow missmoose, this is a wonderful tip!

I never really noticed that, but I think you must be on to something.

Right now I am looking for a certain rune, and can't find it even though I have spent hundred's of coins trying to get it. There is nothing rare about it since I had plenty before. Of course when I desperately need it, I am out and can't find it to save my life lol.

Thanks for sharing!

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Nov 11, 13 7:21 PM
daisymmk56 wrote:Optical Reflector Increases experience for exploring by 30% for 60min
Illusionist’s Sphere Increases experience by exploring 30% for 60min
Good Luck Talis Increases experience for exploring by 50% for 60min
Helium Reptile Increases experience for exploring by 50% for 60min
White Noise Increases experience for exploring 100% for 30min

Wish Master Increases chance of finding object 50% for 30min
Denial of Gravity Increases chance of finding object by 60% for 30min
Neural Foil Increases chance of finding object by 60% for 30min

Invisibility Potion Restores energy 90% faster for 20min
Blond Curl Restores energy 90% faster for 20min

Gloomy Silence Makes time flow twice as slow in different areas 24hr
Nautilus Pallium Stops time for 24 hrs

Fireball [size=12]
Increases Gold Coins for exploring 50% for 60min
Reflective Glass Increases Gold Coins for exploring by 50% for 60min

Energy Talisman in Shop – 10 crystals restores energy 80% faster for 30min. It goes into your backpack (under Horseshoe icon). You need to go to your backpack and click ‘use’

Strong Energy Talisman in Shop – Restores energy 40% faster for 12 hours – cost 4,000 coins

Most of the other items on the ‘Assembled’ Artifacts board are needed as Components and one has to do most tasks to received (or buy) the component.

Each item in the Assembled Artifacts Box will give a brief description if you hover mouse over it.

But I think these are the most we would use and did a table for a quick glance and for newbies.

Newbies - Make sure you click the 'green beetle' if you don't have an item which will go on your wish list otherwise you have the option to buy with the orange + sign and can then assemble the artifact or relic. It helps your neighbors if you keep your wishlist up to date so neighbors can gift you, your requirements. It empties out once you have clicked a received gift, so don't forget to refill it.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Nov 13, 13 9:22 PM
A tip for those of us who are older, slower, bad eye sight (like me); keep a steno tablet nearby. When you open an area create a page for each building/site. Give each item it's own line. Many items are called different names. I've noticed some have as many as three names. Then when room goes into jumble mode you can glance at your list to see what letters match. For me that brief glance is all that is needed to trigger what item is for quicker finding. When you're under time mode and the game has been calling a cell phone, smart phone, phone, they may be double or single words can make those few extra seconds deciding factor between completing round or not. Some one suggested using the Time Amulet which stops time for 24 hours in all the areas. That is a good suggestion but....it is best used if you're going to be at the game for much of the time in that 24 hour period. Otherwise it is too expensive to use. Also since you're not fighting the clock, you find out that you've slowed down when back on the clock. This means a lot of room repeats and energy waste as a result. I just started Rooms Of Memory this past Sunday, 10 Nov 2013. As a result of this forum with all these tips I have reached level 16 today Wed, 13 Nov 2013. Keep the tips & information coming.

tuesdaypm
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tuesdaypm on Nov 18, 13 5:22 AM
I hated those jumbled word searches until I noticed that the words aren't really mixed up; they're just backwards! Just look at the last letter first, and you'll be reading them in no time.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 20, 13 10:44 AM
Hello All,

I'm just popping in to make some of those great resources clickable!

Thanks for helping out!

bfgDeveron

bluekiwis
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by bluekiwis on Nov 24, 13 11:29 AM
Don't know if this has been said before...

But, those Strawberry Jams you get from the Gazebo of Mysteries at every 5 days, SAVE THEM until you are at higher levels.

Go to: