nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood CE

[Post New]by nosake on Sep 30, 13 3:29 AM
I always read the game reviews before buying, and since many gave this one rave kudos, I jumped in.

I will continue to read reviews but this time, I regret the purchase. Terrible game, IMO.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 2, 13 10:23 PM
I absolutely loved this game! I very rarely write reviews, unless I detest a game or really like one. I'm sure it's not easy to continually come up with new stories or game ideas. But, this one was really well done. I particularly loved the detective's board, being able to make mistakes with it, and earning an achievement if it was done correctly. You had to think throughout the game. I also absolutely love it when there is an alternative to the normal HOS. Especially, the one in this game. Matching games are good, or there was one game where there were actual puzzles, and they made the pieces with many different shapes and sizes, that was fun! It's always good to change up the HOSs, and you did that quite nicely in this game. It's little things like this that make me keep coming back, and sticking with this site, because I hope to find the brilliant nuggets, like this game. I was getting frustrated there for awhile. I keep hoping for a good SE to come out too! Some times the bonus chapter is kind of lame in a lot of games, like an after thought, but I found this one enjoyable also. Please keep more coming like this one! I will keep my eyes open for the next chapter when we see the Priest again!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 3, 13 5:06 AM
I haven't figured out if I'm buying this game, but I also own the first Enigmatis and was interested to see the second game in the series. Just a note to the developers: in the U.S. we generally don't have private owners of large parks - these are federally owned or by a local municipality. No odd guy who is bizarrely dressed like someone from the 19th century (and looks like Ben Kingsley) is going to own a huge park open to the public, with his very own enormous mansion on the grounds. Particularly not with regard to the redwoods. That alone was so ridiculous, it almost put me off finishing the demo, but I did play the whole thing. Which leaves with why I'm not sure I will buy it -- it was generally amusing-ish, although the female narrator was just awful, and at the actor doing the prisoner was soooo portentous. Also, the adored little girl looks she's about 8 or so and sounds like she's minimally that age, but has toys for and draws like a child far younger, which is a bit of sloppiness. I will say that the introduction of the mysterious prisoner was interesting, and by the end of the demo some story elements which were introduced certainly caught my interest, even if demonic anything and hell aren't things I believe in. Hmmmm. I have to think about this. Perhaps on sale, since I missed the last one.

minidoll10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by minidoll10 on Oct 11, 13 8:07 AM
Great Game in every way!!

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Oct 31, 13 6:47 AM
Wow! A fantastic game. A real story, real twists and turns and storyline. You never really feel you are just going through motions. The developers have really created something to be proud of. If they can maintain this standard they are leading the pack. IMO it's gonna take a heck of a game to compete with it for game of the year. The deeper in it you go the better it is.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 19, 13 10:28 PM
Wow, what a great game! I started to play this one and then realized I should play Maple Creek first and so I did and then went right into this one. This is one of the creepiest games I have played and I love creepy games. I think I over-used the Hint Button, though. I wanted to find out what happened.

My only complaint is the protagonist's voice. I keep hearing that same voice over and over in games and she isn't very good. She sounds cheerful when she should sound scared. She's a little hammy, too.

Oh; one more complaint. "Jeepers"? That is NOT a word used in 1978. I know; I was there and just about the same age as the protagonist in the bonus game. "Groovy" maybe but not "Jeepers"!! I think that's from the fifties. And the hippie age was over by 1978, unfortunately. If it hadn't have been over I would have been one. Peace and flower-power and San Francisco and all that.

BTW, I know the redwood area; it's one of my favorite places. I like the pro-environmental stance of the developers and the information they provide. If you ever get to that part of very northern California take a side- route off 101 called "Avenue of the Giants". If it isn't foggy you will see some of the most beautiful country in the world; huge redwood trees and ferns all over the place. It's breathtaking. Watch out for deer.
We need to protect those trees because there are some who would have them all cut down.

OK; I'm ready for the next one. The rocky coast of Oregon would be a great place for the setting.

Edited on 11/19/2013 at 10:39:55 PM PST

manxie273
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by manxie273 on Aug 25, 14 1:02 PM
Wow, wow & wow. What a great game this really is, a real mystery where you have to properly think for a change, this game really has set the new standard for the HOPA. If you like something with a great storyline, a proper mystery and a good amount of challenge then I cannot recommend this game enough. 10 out of 10 (no 11 out of 10).

Go to: