Master level

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Master level

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 7, 13 3:35 PM
It is definitely time to submit a trouble report to Customer Support. Running out of logs and paint is one thing, but playing the quest ad nauseum and never getting it completed is a whole other thing. This is definitely some sort of glitch. I didn't have this problem at all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 11, 13 5:27 AM
Can someone please tell me what the rationale behind designing this game so that "Master level equals no more items" is????????? A game like this is based on items and collections. So, as the game progresses, you should be able to find more, not less items.

A few days ago there was a discussion about how, after achieving(????) Master level at the Mine location, you can still find envelops elsewhere. The logic of this beats me anyway, but I have also come to realize that the rule applies everywhere, including minigames, and for all items, regardless of whether they can be found elsewhere or not. And that as you progress (??) you gradually lose more and more items until you can only buy them from the store or from auctions, if and when they become available there! Is this where this game is going??

This is the first time I have come across a game where the player is discouraged from advancing by being penalized for it!!! For me this is completely counter-intuitive, unless the game is going to a different direction with next update. If this is the case, then the update is already overdue. Let's hope we will be pleasantly surprised soon.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Should I just start over?

[Post New]by JB4510 on Oct 20, 13 4:50 AM
I'm on level 16, and I haven't spent any real money. I was/am totally in love with this game until I read about all the bugs.

One thing I have done is replay certain sites & mini-games repeatedly unrelated to quests in order to gain XP, resources, etc. Dumb me thought getting all five trophies would be a good thing.

So now I only have maybe four to ten levels to go before I run out of quests and I will certainly master the first three sites before then (Mine, Doll Shop & Junkyard).

I'm wondering if I should just start over now, knowing how everything works, rather than playing until I get permanently stuck.

Any opinions/Advice?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 20, 13 5:18 AM
JB4510, that is the question, isn't it? What exactly happens when a new game is started? Obviously all of the cities reset, the towns all go back to their original state, collections zero out, etc., ...BUT, do you lose all your neighbors too?

I have sort of a weird problem in that my laptop died and I had to get a new one. CS recovered my game but I got a new Social Code, so all of my collections zeroed out and I lost all my neighbors; BUT my achievements are all still there and all my Master levels too. I am considering starting over but not if I have to tell my neighbors, once again, to add me back in.

So I too am looking for advice/opinions. Has anyone here started a new game?

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Oct 20, 13 10:14 AM
And that as you progress (??) you gradually lose more and more items until you can only buy them from the store or from auctions, if and when they become available there! Is this where this game is going??

Nope. As you progress in the game, the items (like envelopes, which were initially only found in the Red Mine) will be available in the new cities that you unlock.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Oct 24, 13 6:14 PM
What ever you do save your resources so you can play the higher mini-games I used mine to make money and when I needed them very few were showing up the more levels I went, some take up to 18 things to play it.

[Post New]by UncleChris on Oct 25, 13 7:25 AM
I've played the Red Mine more times than I can count...from the 'Proceed' and 'Play Now' buttons as well as the 'Quest' indicator. No rock, just a number of coins and XPs. Is this a bug? Obviously a number of players are experiencing an issue. It shouldn't be this difficult to figure out.

Are all mini-scenes (such as the 2 auto trunks and the van) opened by completing 'Quests'?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 25, 13 11:08 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for posting about this issue. I have passed this along so we can be sure to investigate it. I will let you know as soon as we have any information to give.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by labellefleur on Oct 25, 13 12:22 PM
have mastered all the cities and quite a few of the mini games. I can no longer get items and am becoming frustrated with the game. I really loved it to this point, you need to upgrade soon or at least make it so that the cities still produce on master level. you risk losing all those players who achieved these levels. I didn't even mind spending the money every once and a while. if something doesn't improve in the next couple of days, I guess I will delete the game and find another obsession. thanx,

Go to: