magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation technical issues here only

[Post New]by magfan on Oct 6, 13 8:28 PM
It is too easy to click near the bottom of the screen during a hidden object search and inadvertently back out of the scene. Then the game doesn't let you back into the scene so you never get all the items you need from the hidden object scene.

I was supposed to get the magic bucket, the shawl, and the stepladder, but I ended up with only the stepladder because I tried to click on something that was too close to the bottom of the screen and it backed me out of the scene prematurely. Then there was no way to reenter the hidden object scene, so no way to get the missing items. I had to start the whole game over again and I was more than halfway through.

Bugs like this wouldn't be so bad if you'd only allow games to have multiple save points.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 10, 13 10:53 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing that problem with the shawl or ladder, please let our Tech Support Team know so we can investigate that further. The more information we have the better so we can get that fixed!

If other items are not working correctly, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Our help article here goes over doing that in more detail:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 10, 13 5:45 PM
Having same problems as others, incl. only a black screen instead of the opening cutscene, frozen objects in hos, & etc.
A shame as it seems a rather unique game & excellent sounds !

Please: Are devs working on a patch/fix... or no?

[Post New]by sandrachmiel on Oct 11, 13 10:03 AM
Had same problem as magfan, except I didn't back out of the scene; once the stepladder was finished the other options (shawl, bucket) just disappeared. Didn't realize this was a problem until I was much farther along in the game and realized I couldn't proceed.
Am going to try reinstalling game, but have a feeling it won't help. Please let us know when this glitch is corrected. Thanks.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Opening scene

[Post New]by catsrobe on Oct 14, 13 6:55 AM
I downloaded the trial version and the game never got beyond the first scene where the captain is writing notes.

[Post New]by 06211956 on Oct 16, 13 5:57 PM
I can not play the game at all.It keeps freezes up my computer. It is a big pain. I can,t even open it. Please refund my money.

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Oct 17, 13 11:03 PM
Game freezes alot..bought it and now I am very sorry...it is really slow...

[Post New]by leena61999 on Oct 19, 13 7:19 PM
I am having the same issue. I bought the game today and as soon as it was done downloading and I clicked play, my whole computer froze! I had to improper shutdown just to get it off the screen. Please fix as I just wasted my money on a game I cannot play.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Oct 21, 13 5:53 PM
Janie42 wrote:Having same problems as others, incl. only a black screen instead of the opening cutscene, frozen objects in hos, & etc.
A shame as it seems a rather unique game & excellent sounds !

Please: Are devs working on a patch/fix... or no?

Okay, as we're pushing a month since release of this game...
& no mod reply & no dev posts & no infos on any patch/rebuild coming, I guess I must accept that this is a game I won't be able to buy.

[Post New]by Feffanie on Oct 22, 13 5:31 AM
Just adding in case it helps for a fix, I'm having same issues as others with my entire system freezing when opening the game. I did email a Felix report and did get a nice response with very lengthy instructions on how to make the game work. I followed the instructions and I was able to pull the game up, but when I closed the game and reopened later the same thing happened, frozen screen, and I just didnt feel like following the page of instructions again to make it work, my patience was exhausted. Too bad because I would definitely use a coupon on it, and I always waste coupons due to lack of standard edition games. Bummer.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Oct 22, 13 5:23 PM
JanG7 wrote:For some reason, my problem is a lot different from all the other tech issues. This has happened twice now, but in a hidden object scene (specifically a Frog), I will
get some all of the objects of one of the objects and it kicks me out of the hidden object scene and no way to get back in to find the remaining objects needed to finish it. The first time this happened, I restarted the game from the beginning and was able to continue on. That was very early in the game, so no big deal. The second time, I am in chapter 4, the wine cellar HOP and it does it again. No way to get the HOP back again and the hint tells me I already have the item I need (which I don't since I haven't completed it yet). I am already too far into the game to start over.

I am using windows 7 on PC. Will be sending a Dr. Felix to CS but hoping someone else has any solutions.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Oct 22, 13 5:29 PM
I also had the same problem as MagFan in the exact same place--I got the stepladder, but not the bucket or the shawl. This is the second time this happened. The first time was early on, when I was going for the church door latch. I started all over again. I will uninstall this game & reinstall it, but if it still doesn't work, to Customer Service I go!

netking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by netking on Oct 23, 13 5:56 PM
Playing the demo.I did the cut scene at the church and got the church sign but not the door latch. From what I've read the door lay=tch seems to be a problem for a few of us.

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Sep 21, 14 7:33 AM
ANOTHER BLACK SCREEN! You know, I bought a new computer (windows 8.1) so I would not have problems as I had with an older system. There are a number of games that all I can get are black screens. I play a lot of CE and most of them are premium games with all the bells and whistles. I am sick and tired of going through all the game fixes BF puts you through to try and solve a problem. The problem is with their games. Make them so they play on all computers. My stuff is up to date. My feelings are, BF is losing out on a sale because of this issue.

[Post New]by nyterae58 on Sep 28, 14 8:22 AM
my problem is this game lock"s up my computer with the game not responding. I have removed it twice an still same problem. I have up dated everything have windows 8.1 lets fix the problem or give me my money back please. will do a Dr. felix

Go to: