Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Breaking Window Van w/Rock & Red Mine Quests

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Oct 7, 13 1:45 PM
I've tried using the proceed, play now boxes and it still isn't working. think it is to do with the fact that I have master level on that.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 7, 13 1:51 PM
Nope it isn't that. I had Master long before I did the quest because I am weird that way and just kept playing it to get the trophies, and I had no problem with the rock and window quests once I got them.

Sounds like an official glitch to me! If you haven't already, submit a trouble report to Customer Support and hopefully they can get your issue solved.

Fingers crossed and good luck

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Oct 7, 13 3:15 PM
As I've said over and over, I'm using the quest boxes to get to the mine. But when I click on the mine to enter - it gives me only experience and money available in items to get. I've tried quite a few times, and feel there is a bug in the game.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 7, 13 3:37 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, the rock doesn't actually show up in the list of items. All that happens is the quest registers as completed.

[Post New]by betsy_zurizzy on Oct 7, 13 8:43 PM
One thing I've noticed, that might be related, is that it can give you a quest for an item that you're not at a high enough level to receive yet. The fisherman dude was telling me to get the Kris Knife? (I think from the junkyard), and I was thinking the game was glitchy because it wasn't shown on there as an item you could find. I tried a few times and no luck. After I leveled up, though, then it appeared and I was able to get it. Not saying that's the deal with the rock, but it's possible.

[Post New]by jenchris40 on Oct 9, 13 2:06 PM
I played the Red Mine to Master level before the quest came up. I then played the Red Mine quest another dozen or more times. All I achieved was to get more coins and game points. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the quest was showing as live.

In the end I used some gold to skip the quest, assuming that I'd done it wrong by getting to Master level too quickly. On skipping the quest I then went to break the window in the junkyard - no stone. In fact I subsequently had to skip that quest too.

I've now run out of quests completely. I love this game, but it needs updating urgently.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 12, 13 10:29 AM
And that is a real problem, when skipping one quest means you can't complete another. When you skip you should be given the item regardless! Plus that means you won't ever open that mini-scene unless they give you another quest for it.

That is poor design...

keepsakes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by keepsakes on Oct 21, 13 9:22 AM
Well...

I'm wondering if not having the three locked parts has something to do with not being able to complete the quest to get the rock.

This is very frustrating....

There should be more info in the help for the game or something...I am giving up wasting money purchasing gold to keep playing the same two screens.

Anyone that has completed the quest remember if their 3 inside quests were unlocked or not?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 21, 13 4:26 PM
No the quests are for a single mini-scene. They don't unlock all 3. There are separate quests for each.

keepsakes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by keepsakes on Oct 23, 13 3:11 AM
Sorry,

I don't think I explained that right. What I meant was....maybe you can't get the rock until you have opened all 3 of the mini scenes in the red mine?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 23, 13 6:14 PM
keepsakes wrote:Sorry,

I don't think I explained that right. What I meant was....maybe you can't get the rock until you have opened all 3 of the mini scenes in the red mine?

Oh! No actually, none of those are open in my game and I got the rock for the junkyard with no problem. I kind of hate to say that because lots of people have had a lot of trouble with this, but I did the quest and got that darn rock immediately...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 23, 13 6:58 PM
I can't understand that some people have problems with the rock. I got it a long time ago, when I was nowhere near being a Master. And even as a Master, I have now discovered, I still have those 3 parts locked. (I am assuming they will be opened in an updated version for more gameplay?)

Is it at all possible that, for those with this problem, a file didn't install properly when the game was installed? I often hear that when there is a glitch in a game for some people, reinstalling will solve the problem, because it seems that sometimes, while downloading and installing a game, a file might not have found its way to the right place where it should go to.

keepsakes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by keepsakes on Nov 2, 13 4:42 AM
Thanks for replying and all the help!!!

I had given up on the game and have not played in almost a week....not buying anymore gold and this rock thing has driven me nuts....gets frustrating and then boring when you waste all your turns trying to get the same thing!

I would think it was a glitch if there weren't so many others that did and didn't get it, which is why I think somewhere ...somehow....there is something that I have not upgraded or did that others completed. eg. purchased the gold podium or something like that...

Anyway....throwing in the towel on worrying about the rock!!! lol

Thanks again for all your help!

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Nov 3, 13 1:02 PM
I have played to red mine 43 times and still no rock. This is turning into a drag. About to give the game up.

curvy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by curvy on Nov 6, 13 3:34 PM
Hi all
I'm having the same problem. I too have mastered Red Mine a while ago and still no rock my question is, if I uninstall and re-install will I lose my progress in the game? would really rather not! ha ha really starting to get on my nerves now
thanks in advance
Karen :o)

baldharry
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by baldharry on Nov 7, 13 4:29 PM
I too have been stuck on this quest for over a month. I have no more quests and can't get anything from the mine.I have tried everything that has been suggested and still no rock.I am down to doing mini games and just trying to level up buildings and what few scenes a day I have energy to play. I also wish energy replenished a bit quicker especially since newer cities and higher levels take so much.I am to the point of being able to only play 1 scene a day. Seeing how many people have an issue with this quest I wish the developers would at least post something telling us whats going on.

curvy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by curvy on Nov 11, 13 11:53 AM
I've just noticed I have an update for the game - downloading it now as I type, will let you all know if this fixes the bug and I finally get my rock!!!!! Keep yer fingers crossed for me folks

curvy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by curvy on Nov 11, 13 12:20 PM
YES!!! the update worked - got my rock on the first play of red mine - check if you have a download and get it done!!

Happy playing (again!) everyone

Edited on 11/11/2013 at 12:49:30 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 13 5:49 PM
I just came across this quest again (started again a week ago):

The guy shows up and says: All we need is a good size rock, and he asks you to go to the Red Mine. When you are at the Red Mine, the rock (looks like a large pebble) will show up in the list of objects you might get.

After clicking on the first item in the HOS, the rock came up, and put itself into that round tab at the top left.

After you finished this quest, you are asked to go to the Junkyard, where you are supposed to use the rock on the mini bus.

Hope this helps a little, if anyone still has problems with it, and wonders what to do.

Go to: