katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Where did my Game Manager go to???

[Post New]by katbear50 on Oct 14, 13 7:35 PM
Where did my Game Manager go to???
Mine is a Technical Query, as I have already finished this game.
(If I'm out of place, please forgive, could find no place else to post query.}
For some unknown reason, my Game Manager is no longer on my Desktop,
and this is causing unnecessary steps.
(this has been since changes were made)
I've had no probs b/4, but either CRS has got ahold of me,
or the changes are the prob.
How do I get it back there, and nail it down?
TIA for advice,
kat
=^,,^=

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Eclipse Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Minya_S on Oct 15, 13 1:37 PM
Game isn't only playing in slow motion, it's laggy as h***.
Physically and mentally impossible to play. Please fix and make an update, or I will need to ask for my money back.

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Eclipse Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by onestraitfan2004 on Oct 16, 13 11:29 AM
Got a little over halfway thru the game when the game crashed. Screen went blurry, then turned black and I had to turn the computer off to get manually. When tried to play again I get "your profile has been corrupted". Tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice and this is still happening..

[Post New]by afrodity on Oct 16, 13 7:00 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times, and I keep getting a message/pop-up box that says the game requires a registration name and key. What is going on? I played the demo and didn't have any problems. I am very disappointed and aggravated at this point. Please provide whatever information I need in order to play this game, or I would like to request a refund. I am beyond my limit at this point.

[Post New]by Ladycat01 on Oct 17, 13 1:04 PM
When I click to play it keeps asking for my name and key code and wont let me go past that

yutio
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by yutio on Oct 21, 13 8:22 AM
Oh no, please give my money back someone.....

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Oct 23, 13 8:07 PM
I'm playing on an ages old Thinkpad, but haven't had any problems until lately. This is the second Elephant game I couldn't play because once I get to the close-up puzzles, the flashing is too much to handle and can't solve the puzzle.

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Oct 26, 13 3:14 PM
Game is very slow and laggy. Couldn't even make it thru the trial demo. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3x. Cursor drifts and floats. When custom cursor is turned off it is still slow. Using Win7, everything updated (Java, Flash, etc etc)

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Oct 27, 13 4:21 PM
I am having a problem with the Bookshelf lever. The books are in order, and when I pull the lever it says, "Now that I have the books in order, I can pull the lever," but I pull the lever and nothing happens. I've rearranged the books, but no matter what order they're in, I get the same message and still nothing happens when I pull the lever. My map shows this is the only place I have an action, and when I hit the "hint" button it says I should pull the lever. Nothing happens! I will uninstall & re-install... I hope I don't have to start over again!

whcnp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by whcnp1 on Nov 2, 13 7:12 AM
There is a thread with many people having issues with the bookshelf lever not working, There is message saying " Now that the books are in order, pull the lever" but nothing happens.

[Post New]by stef4music on Nov 4, 13 9:27 PM
Message says "Corrupt file" and I have to sign on as a new user. It did this three times and the last time I was close to the end of the game!!!! Very frustrating. This has happened with several other games. I actually contacted a BFG representative a month ago and they were gonna send me game credits regarding my issues but never heard from anyone. Does anyone know what can be done regarding the corrupt file issues?
Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by amgood on Nov 14, 13 5:56 AM
I cannot pick up the rope and put it in my inventory. I can pick it up in the immediate window but it doesn't go into my inventory. It is unusable and my bonus chapter is not able to be finished. What a waste of a collector's edition.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 16, 13 11:52 PM
stef4music wrote:Message says "Corrupt file" and I have to sign on as a new user. It did this three times and the last time I was close to the end of the game!!!! Very frustrating. This has happened with several other games. I actually contacted a BFG representative a month ago and they were gonna send me game credits regarding my issues but never heard from anyone. Does anyone know what can be done regarding the corrupt file issues?
Thanks in advance.
stef4music, I am so sorry to hear you are having these troubles. I would be very frustrated as well. I do recommend, however, that you get back in touch with customer support, they are usually really very good at helping or providing you with coupon. Something must have fallen through the cracks accidentally. I highly recommend you give them a second chance to get this sorted out for you. Good luck!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 16, 13 11:55 PM
amgood wrote:I cannot pick up the rope and put it in my inventory. I can pick it up in the immediate window but it doesn't go into my inventory. It is unusable and my bonus chapter is not able to be finished. What a waste of a collector's edition.
Hi amgood! I responded to your post in the thread "Problem with bonus round", but I'll copy that here too.....
Which rope in which window are you trying to pick up? There is a piece of rope in the pile of debris (which was on fire and that you had to douse) near the chest with multiple padlocks on it. That rope you can NOT pick up. You will use it later to construct an item using other inventory items.

I hope that's the one you meant and that this helps!

[Post New]by CryKiller on Nov 19, 13 3:59 PM
Why is there a tech support thread when there are no responses to a fix?

In bonus round, when placing the mouse on the ledge the second time, the game quits responding. Mouse will move, music will play but can't do anything else. How about half my money back or give me a credit for a new game, that works?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 23, 13 2:25 AM
CryKiller wrote:Why is there a tech support thread when there are no responses to a fix?

In bonus round, when placing the mouse on the ledge the second time, the game quits responding. Mouse will move, music will play but can't do anything else. How about half my money back or give me a credit for a new game, that works?
Hi CryKiller! Welcome to the pond! I saw your other post and I agree that's really frustrating and obviously a glitch. Unfortunately the forum is mostly for players to give each other info and help each other out, but with a true technical glitch, such as yours, you really need to get in touch with tech support directly. To do so go to the bottom of this page and click on "Get Help>Customer Support", then when you get to the next page, look near the bottom of the left hand column for "Still need help? Contact us" and click on that. You can then fill out your report for tech support. It also helps to include a Dr. Felix with your report - there should be a link on the page explaining how to do that. Good luck! I hope they can get you sorted out!

hampsterp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by hampsterp on Dec 25, 13 4:00 PM
The map won"t open when clicked on. Anyone else with this issue ?

[Post New]by Gweegwee on Sep 24, 14 3:22 AM
Bonus game, wind up mouse shows up on window sill before I even find mouse. Later I find mouse and try to put it on window sill again and game freezes. I've reinstalled and played game all over 2 x. When will this glitch be fixed! I try to skip putting mouse back on window sill but that is the only move at that time.

greeny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by greeny1 on Nov 9, 14 3:57 PM
Bought the game and it played beautifully, opened it today to continue and it's in slow-motion big time, so frustrated as i was really enjoying it

greeny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by greeny1 on Nov 10, 14 11:53 AM
Any word on a fix for the game? Still running in slow motion, sent my report in and still no word? for the hell of it, i uninstalled and reinstalled "AGAIN" still running laggy and slow, please can we have a fix or update, thank you!

Go to: