romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Technical issues! [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by romany09 on Oct 13, 13 5:07 AM
I beta'd this game and according to my notes I ran into a problem within 20 minutes of playing and certainly mentioned it during the survey. I have downloaded this and have received the "universal" programming notice. Although a potentially good game, I have uninstalled and will not purchase. It seems like a waste of time to ask people to beta the games if they are not going to check out our suggestions...

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 13, 13 7:59 AM
Have reinstalled the game but can still not open/play it.

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Oct 13, 13 10:24 AM
I have the same problem - blank screen with sound. I uninstalled and reinstalled but no different. I'll run my driver search programme but I think they are all up to date.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Oct 13, 13 11:58 AM
I tried to use the bucket incorrectly (it was empty) and a message came up about string. This then happened again later. I'm on a PC with up to date drivers. Not a bit issue but a flaw.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 13, 13 1:46 PM
Froze while I was playing bonus game.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Oct 13, 13 1:50 PM
downloaded game but will only display a small box up in the corner of my screen. Weird. And half of that is only showing the semantics of the game at best. What gives?

[Post New]by Ligeia on Oct 13, 13 3:30 PM
same here sound but black screen ...followed all the instructions made sure driver is up to date...nothing ..getting really frustrated

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 13, 13 8:11 PM
I played the demo, it worked fine. But after I (sorry my bad english) I bought the game it froze. I unstalled and reinstalled the game , but nothing happened. Then I changed the players name and it works.

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Oct 13, 13 8:21 PM
Oh noh the game froze again! But this time I did not have to start over again.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Technical issues!

[Post New]by Giliraz on Oct 13, 13 9:27 PM
Giliraz wrote:installed the demo but cannot play... when click on 'play' it goes back to the game manager and will not start...

I sent my issue to the CS... but by the time I'll gat the answer or the fix, the sale will be over...

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Technical issues!

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Oct 14, 13 6:52 AM
Giliraz wrote:installed the demo but cannot play... when click on 'play' it goes back to the game manager and will not start...

I had the same problem ... this isn't the only game that I've downloaded and then had to UNINSTALL because it would not '.exe' like all of the other 400 + games that have been successfully downloaded and been played on my PC!

Might try it again when us fishies get word from BF that the game is working properly!

Thank you for your immediate attention on these issues!

BJ Minnich aka scorpio42

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 14, 13 9:22 AM
G'day,

Thank you all for bringing these difficulties to our attention.
We're looking into the reported issues now, and I'll update this thread if I have any new information to share.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by kittidid on Oct 14, 13 1:35 PM
I can play the game "The Torment of Mont Triste Collector's Edition " but not in full screen mode. I get a popup error when I tick on Full Screen Mode from inside the game.

Error: Access violation at 0x0060D69B (tried to read 0x00000000 program terminated)

My PC is about 1.5 years old. All drivers were ran for updates but they were already up to date. I tried many settings but nothing worked. Finally I just deleted the game. To much of a headache.

It's a shame or maybe a blessing!

I have a couple of games I purchased before playing the demo. I cannot even play the those games. What a waste of money and I still feel cheated. I will never ever purchase a game before I play the demo ever again. I have had the games for about a year and still have not played them.

MsKitti

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Oct 14, 13 3:03 PM
flaxin wrote:Quite a few of us are having a problem of just getting sound with a black screen.

I was looking forward to playing this. Any idea why this is happening or if there will be a fix?

I haven't demoed this game YET....Thought I would read reviews first. One thing I have given up on reading reviews under the star system. <for a lack of better terms>. I make it a point to go to the guts right here. I have NO IDEA where this game is from , but have noticed all ERS games don't work at all with the same problem you are having.<haven't demoed doesn't know if this is ERS or not...lately doesn't matter!> Personally I am thinking the BF is going to change their platform for moolah. Hang in there. I have FAITH in BF to keep their faithfull happy and not get totally caught up in the touch me touch me not platform! IOS? BTW have a kindle fire. Interesting how I can buy some of these games, not exactly a full version even if I pay a buck for it but OMG IT WORKS!

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nypthes on Oct 15, 13 4:43 AM
Same issue, black screen. I have updated drivers, reinstalled and nothing works. Too bad seems like it might have been a fun game.

[Post New]by Ligeia on Oct 15, 13 11:30 AM
so are they working now on this issue or do i have to call tech support and see about what to do since i did purchase the game ...no updates so far..
seems like nobody at BF seems to care about this ....

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 15, 13 5:28 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in and echo what Murrumbidgee mentioned. We're currently looking into the display issues that some of you have been seeing and we'll let you know as soon as we have any more information.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this,

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Oct 16, 13 9:38 AM
It has been 4 days and no answer yet

[Post New]by Ligeia on Oct 16, 13 3:40 PM
seems like ...hoping it will all just go away...

Is there going to be a fix?

[Post New]by mebennui326 on Oct 17, 13 11:45 AM
Same prob as SO many: Have sound, but the screen is black. I had to run task manager to get out of it. This seems to be taking a long time to sort out~what's happening in the Pond??

Go to: