Re:Technical Issues: Legacy: Witch Island

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Oct 15, 13 3:22 AM
I am having issues with all of my games not just this one. When I click the PLAY button my options for downloading it to my manager is
OPEN SAVE CANCEL . Needless to say I need a RUN button.

Is this happening because of the mew windows program update you are making? I need the old way to play any games. As it is even if I buy the game I have to restart my computer then hit purchase history in the game manager in order to start a download.

So IF I buy a game I only have reviews to go by. This stinks!!!

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 15, 13 4:24 AM
kangoods wrote:Thanks FundgeChi but I have the PC not Mac version installed it just does not work and what I could play of it I really liked. Bummer

Can you up your screen resolution at all? In my virtual windows I'm on 2880x1800 (my Mac setting won't go nearly that high!)

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 15, 13 4:31 AM
belamba wrote:
alsmith wrote:Why are some of you so unhelpful?

You write that the game won't work on your resolution- why can't you put the resolution in your message to help other people? Is it because you don't know what your resolution is?

Some say they have Windows 8 and mention 3Gb memory- you really need AT LEAST 4Gb with 64bit WIN8, that's why your computer struggles. It's swapping things in and out of memory. If you run a few applications you soon get the message that Windows needs to close some. It's NOT the games fault if you don't have the real working minimum specification needed by the operating system. Upgrade your memory to 4Gb, or 6Gb then if you get problems it could be a game fault if all your drivers are up to date.

Firstly thank you for your input, it's very helpful to those of us not so au fait with the inner workings of these necessary, but frustrating machines.

I don't think its a matter of being unhelpful. My Mac has 8Gb RAM, and the various screen resolutions you can set still don't make the game playable. Actually, it's not easy to see what the various settings are, and then to remember them when writing in this thread. The machine is brand new, so I expect with a few adjustments that a game will run and be playable. The fact that there are screen res issues on both Windows and Macs suggests its the game and not the machine that has issues.
If your computer savvy (which you obviously are), it would be helpful if you could tell me what else I can do to get this game to work please?
It looked interesting and would like to try it,

I have the same Mac as you belamba and the highest it will go to is more space at 1920x1200 and on that it still didn't fit on my screen. My other Mac runs Snow Leopard and has more resolutions but the game wouldn't run on Snow Leopard at all. The only way I could play was by using virtual windows which I got only last month. It's useful to have and has opened up a lot of games for me. On there the game is fine running at 2880x1800. It may run a bit lower than that, I haven't tried.
I have a feeling the game needs a bit more work to run on the latest Macs.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 16, 13 1:12 AM

I have the same Mac as you belamba and the highest it will go to is more space at 1920x1200 and on that it still didn't fit on my screen. My other Mac runs Snow Leopard and has more resolutions but the game wouldn't run on Snow Leopard at all. The only way I could play was by using virtual windows which I got only last month. It's useful to have and has opened up a lot of games for me. On there the game is fine running at 2880x1800. It may run a bit lower than that, I haven't tried.
I have a feeling the game needs a bit more work to run on the latest Macs.

Thank you for your help. I've never heard of virtual windows, so will go have a look in App Store. Fingers crossed the game works for me too )

smidgec
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by smidgec on Oct 16, 13 5:07 AM
I am up to 2nd beaker measuring mini game done 5 unit now need to do 7 but the game has frozen :-(

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 16, 13 9:02 AM
blamba: I don't think you'll find anything in the app store. You can partition using bootcamp on your mac but that means either booting up in mac or windows. I used and outside programme. Oh, just seen you've messaged me, getting to it now

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Oct 16, 13 1:24 PM
katie546 wrote:Hi all! I was enjoying the game till I bought it... I can't get it to install. Any ideas? Thanks katie

That happened to me yesterday, so I took it all off, and started again, and it worked fine.

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Oct 16, 13 1:26 PM
serenity7x wrote:I downloaded the game, and couldn't get past the first screen. all I could do was click on the cage. when I went to go to the other scenes[where the direction arrows are?], and no matter where on the screen I clicked, it just kept saying, I have to release the animal. couldn't go to the door in the tree, nothing.

I have been a bfg club member since 2006, and I must say, I have been VERY disappointed lately with the quality of games you let out. so many have tech issues lately, and always AFTER the first hour and you buy them. don't you people check these games first anymore?

and then there is the issue of games that are less than 400mb being allowed to sell as collectors editions. its like anybody can make a dinky little old game, and call it a collector's edition. don't you have some kind of guidelines for that? I cant see paying $14 for a game that isn't even 400 mb. and there have been quite a few lately that get away with calling themselves collector's editions, that have been like 500-600 mb.

really sad. this used to be a great place for getting games.

very disappointed in bfg.
sincerely
serenity7x

You have to use you knife to cut the red ribbon

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Oct 16, 13 6:50 PM
smidgec wrote:I am up to 2nd beaker measuring mini game done 5 unit now need to do 7 but the game has frozen :-(

I can't play either of the beaker mini games as the program freezes also. I now can't go any further. Can the developers please fix this glitch. It's a good game!!!

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Oct 17, 13 8:49 AM
skyepearl!

thank you sooo much! it absolutely worked. just never saw that before, so I didn't know to look for it!
this seems like a fun game now, and, its twice as big a the last few collector's editions have been lately!!

thanks again, so very much.

serenity7x

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 17, 13 2:41 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your experiencing in your games.

If you're having issues on your Mac computers, please be sure to get in contact with our Dedicated Mac Team so one of our Reps can help out with this.

If you're having display issues or are experiencing crashes in the game, HERE is a help article that offers some tips to help improve that.

If you're have trouble downloading or opening the game, HERE'S a help article that can help with that.

And, as always, our Tech Support Reps are ready to help sort through any issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Oct 21, 13 1:38 PM
I downloaded the game but all i got was a flashing screen. Had to turn my laptop off even after i closed the game manager..What the heck is going on?

[Post New]by arvindk4 on Oct 21, 13 8:43 PM
I have solved the Gears game several times; the gears begin turning, the game scene closes, but I am able to click on the game again and it has reverted to the original state and I must do it over.
i cannot find anything to gae the cannon ball back

ayunp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ayunp on Oct 22, 13 8:31 PM
Having the same issue as a few others - the game just freezes regularly and the only way out is literally to stop using the computer and start over...task manager will not respond to close it. I have uninstalled, will wait and reload it to try that. All of the drivers and software versions are up to date. (Am running Win8 on a new laptop)
Unhappy person..
Other games have no problems - although I was anticipating some with the newer OS. So far, even the two-three year old games work. Not this guy....

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 24, 13 1:52 PM
demon13, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer, to make sure the game is performing as smoothly as possible. For assistance doing that, just click HERE.

arvindk4, It sounds like it would be worth a try to uninstall and reinstall that game. This will help make sure everything has downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't work, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can look into these issues further.

ayunp, as your computer is up-to-date, the best option would be to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specialized instructions to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by elesurvey on Oct 31, 13 11:29 AM
arvindk4 wrote:I have solved the Gears game several times; the gears begin turning, the game scene closes, but I am able to click on the game again and it has reverted to the original state and I must do it over.
i cannot find anything to gae the cannon ball back

I experienced the same thing and was very frustrated. Eventually I found that the reason you can re-access that area is to collect a rock on the left side of the gear box to use to recover the cannonball. As soon as you pick up the rock, the gear box access closes.

Technical Issues: Legacy: Witch Island

[Post New]by bernie61 on Nov 13, 13 12:58 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I had to start a technical thread...since there was not one. I am having technical issues with the "Cut Scene's". They are blank...but they show the dialogue. This is the Third SE that will NOT play properly on my computer. I have over 800 games from Big Fish and I have never had this many problems with games.

I like the game...even though it's out dated and a bit old fashion. But, I would like to see the "Cut Scene's". I won't buy any game until the games are fixed.

I have this same problem, BUT only with this game. I also get part of the cut scene, suddenly the images show, when before it was just white with text. I don't think it's our computers, I think it's a problem with the game!

(I am starting to have problems with custom cursors for the first time. Not this game, but far too many of the new games.)

GrammyZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GrammyZ on Dec 7, 13 8:47 PM
The game installed fine, but when it starts and loads the game, it takes FOREVER. Then I get to the "play" beginning and the cursor moves very nicely. Then it takes, again, FOREVER, for the story to start. Also, when switching to different scenes, the screen goes dark and takes quite some time to play the new scene. Not always, but mostly. Sometimes the cursor moves quickly and smoothly, then it stops and jerks around and the scenes are "jumpy". This wreaks havoc with the mini-puzzles. Instead of taking maybe 5 min. to do the one level of the prism puzzle, it took me 15-20 min. with the cursor freezing, starting, freezing, starting. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and changed player, but it does the same thing. Help. I would enjoy the game if I could. I've had a couple other games that have done this, and just didn't buy them. I do agree that the playing ability of the games has gone downhill. Very disappointed.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jan 6, 14 5:56 PM
I'm in the forge and have nothing to light the fire with. The hint just keeps pointing to the wood which is in the forge. Throughtout the game the hint is no help at all. The games may be "thought provoking" to some but there are many that I can move nothing at all and have to skip. This could be a good game but I am sorely disappointed in the way it works.

Technical Issues: Legacy: Witch Island

[Post New]by HaruWindsong on Jan 17, 14 8:19 PM
The game keeps crashing on my computer. It happens when I change locations, in particular passing through the portal. When I reload the game I'm at the new point I wanted to be. But this is ridiculous.

Go to: