TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post any The Happy Hereafter technical issues here!

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 17, 13 6:25 PM
I turned off the game cursor, set it to the lowest settings. (800x600--fast) windowed.

Everything I can update IS updated. I push "play", it loads forever . . . . . . . . . and ever.......
Then, as soon as it finishes loading, it crashes, and I get the "report this to the developer" message.

It takes SO long to load that after three tries, I now only have less than 45 minutes left.

[Post New]by Maelianitha on Oct 17, 13 6:54 PM
This is a great game!

Other people say they're having problems if they upgrade things before they're asked to, but I haven't come across that issue. It's all worked fine and as soon as they ask me to upgrade what I've already done, their quest completes.

I haven't had any game breaking problems, but here's the few things I've found so far:

1. In windowed mode, the game doesn't like giving you the sounds or music. I worked for a while but then suddenly all sound just died. Going back fullscreen starts the sound again, but the moment you go back into windowed the sound stops again.

2. When you upgrade the decoration 'benches' to the highest level, the bench closest to your warehouse is a glitched graphic. It looks ok, but the bench overlays the characters and the background, so it looks like a layering issue.

3. I've completed upgraded everything completely except for the last decorations, and the two highest level crystal houses. Upgrading the decorations has been working fine so far - but even though I have all materials and money necessary, the 'upgrade' button for the level 3 crystal houses are still greyed out and I can't click them.

4. Sometimes it seems my productions of wood, stone and crystals just stop completely even though I've unlocked all the mines and sawmills. It needs me to move the map over to view the working characters for them to suddenly 'catch up' their progress on what they're doing in order to continue gathering and delivering items. This means I'm scrolling around the map every 5-10 minutes to ensure none of my production stops.

That's all I've found as issues so far. Everything else has been great!

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 17, 13 6:54 PM
Okay, tried it again at 640x480, on fastest, full screen, with my screen set to 16 bit 800x600--it's lowest. Same story. Push Play, wait forever, black screen with a non-functioning "close" button at the bottom indicates the game has crashed. I have to click okay on the "send to the developer" thing to get the game to close. Now less than 30 minutes left.

And this REALLY seemed like MY kinda game!!! Sigh.

BTW--who IS the developer?

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Oct 17, 13 7:16 PM
Developer: A-Lawar and Mirball

However, it does NOT show up on Al-awar's web site, and Mirball's site is all in Russian, so who do we send the crash data to?

Edited on 10/17/2013 at 7:17:03 PM PST

[Post New]by billpusey on Oct 18, 13 5:53 AM
this game will not start is there a problem with this game.

[Post New]by lisas_mum on Oct 18, 13 7:16 PM
I played the 60 min 'Try me' period and it worked fine, so I bought the game, and now it doesn't work at all. I've tried to figure out how to update my video card but I have no idea what to do, it just says:

Using the information above, locate and download the latest driver for your video card.

If you own a Dell, HP, or Compaq computer, visit the website for your PC manufacturer.

But... how? What do I do when I go to the website? I tried HP website since that's my computer, went to 'Support: Download Drivers' but none of the information I got before from following the instructions relates to that. Nothing comes up when I search for things like the Card name or Driver Date/Size.

I find it very disturbing that I can play a preview of the game, and believing that to be an accurate representation buy it, only to find the purchased version is now unuseable.

mom_5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mom_5 on Oct 19, 13 1:04 PM
I cant upgrade my warehouse to level three. I see that there has been replies for most of the crashing issues but there has been no reply that I can find for this issue. Please help. I paid full price for this game and I will definitely be looking for a refund if there is not an answer for this problem. Thank you for the time.

Imbezilia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Imbezilia on Oct 20, 13 3:13 AM
I don't habe problems with running the game but my workers are stuck all the time. For example the miners keep mining and mining but don't bring anything to the cellar. So it sometimes takes ages to get enough resources to create a new building. I already tried to exit to menu or quit and rerun the game again but problem remains. My only chance is to bring them to the cellar manually. But that bothers ...

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 20, 13 11:21 AM
The longer I play the buggier it gets. I started out really enjoying it, but the bugs are getting so bad it isn't fun anymore. All my workers seem to abandon their jobs for no reason and walk in place in the square. I take them back and they work for a minute and wander off. I run out of food even though I have upgraded the farms to 3 because the workers get stuck wandering around. Either FIX it or I want my money back!!

[Post New]by StacieJ on Oct 20, 13 12:39 PM
I'm having the same problem as imbezilia. My workers work and work and never actually bring anything to the store houses. My workers, especially the farmers, get stuck walking non stop but without moving so I never get any food! I drag a character to the crypt, for example, and he slides across the screen returning to the town square but still managing to search the crypt at the same time! It's a shame, its a lovely little game but not the usual BFG quality by any stretch of imagination. I'm really disappointed in it.

[Post New]by tzline on Oct 20, 13 5:06 PM
I have the warehouse glitch, and another one. It says sell 5 units of wood, I've sold 20 so far but it just won't tick over that I'm selling wood.

mom_5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mom_5 on Oct 21, 13 7:48 AM
tzline wrote:I have the warehouse glitch, and another one. It says sell 5 units of wood, I've sold 20 so far but it just won't tick over that I'm selling wood.

You have to make 5 planks and sell those. It took me a while to figure it out but I cleared the mission by making and selling the planks.

ccmohr59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ccmohr59 on Oct 21, 13 9:04 AM
wasted a credit on this game because i can not get to the end of it due to the warehouse not upgrading!! please fix this!!

[Post New]by tiggerboi1978 on Oct 21, 13 12:39 PM
I played the game for a few hours without issue, but then I closed the game and restarted it the next day. I got a message that my game save data was corrupt and i lost all my progress and had to start over. So i did and now I purchased a new guest and the coach keeps bringing the same guest over and over even when I assign him a task like farming he disappears every few minutes when the coach shows up. Looks like I need to start over again..... NOT.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 21, 13 12:52 PM
I started over because of the buggy play, I hoped it would help..NOT. This time, right at the start, one of my guys got lost in a part of the game that isn't open yet. Every time I bring him back, he goes right back to the same place. I have upgraded my warehouse to level 3, but still have the quest to do it. I sure would like to play this game just once without such stupid problems.

[Post New]by carrie26a on Oct 21, 13 9:31 PM
I'm not able to upgrade the warehouse to level 3......

Norynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Norynne on Oct 21, 13 10:35 PM
Experiencing the inability to upgrade to level 3 warehouse since I was proactive; now I can't do it. Result is that I'm losing resources since they disappear if warehouse is full, so no reason to have all the helpers gather stuff. Will need to put game on back burner until a fix is implemented. Thanks guys, let us know when an update comes out....

[Post New]by LaurenR on Oct 22, 13 12:38 AM
Same problem - I played ahead of the game with the tasks so I restarted and only did the tasks as they appeared - that worked. However now all my workers are glitching - to get any resource I have to stay with the one worker and manually take them to the warehouse/cellar. I have brought many games off Big Fish and this is the first time I have ever thought "I want my money back!"
Sometimes you place them on a resource and the character zooms in a straight line down the screen holding the tool... so weird.

I cannot finish the game with the workers glitching - please fix or refund!!

[Post New]by Shelllley on Oct 22, 13 4:37 PM
Imbezilia wrote:I don't habe problems with running the game but my workers are stuck all the time. For example the miners keep mining and mining but don't bring anything to the cellar. So it sometimes takes ages to get enough resources to create a new building. I already tried to exit to menu or quit and rerun the game again but problem remains. My only chance is to bring them to the cellar manually. But that bothers ...

This is a problem I am having too. Was performing really well but now no one places anything in the cellars. I have to pick them up and drop them on a nearby cellar to drop their goods.

I've shut down and restarted a number of times but it doesn't solve the problem.

What was some good mindless fun is now annoying.

[Post New]by sherrilynl on Oct 22, 13 10:38 PM
I am having the same problem with my people standing around and not doing their jobs. I started the game over thinking it was my computer, but they did it in almost exact spot again. I tried to contact tech support, but everytime i enter information it comes up with a different excuse of why my info wasnt sent. help

Go to: