grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

Re:TGT: Angela Young's Dream Adventure

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 10, 09 3:58 AM
Thanks Andyforsaken in view of the number of episodes I have decided that it is worth buying.
I have had no difficulty with clarity on any screen, my display is set at 1280x800.
I really enjoyed the hour I played. OK so it's not Ravenhearst but those quality games do not appear very often and so I am quite happy to fill the gaps with what I class as reasonable games.
Angela Young fits into that category in my book so I will buy it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 10, 09 4:16 AM
Yeah well, no. Played about 25ish minutes of the demo and really that was just because I was pushing myself not to give up too quick. I didn't hate it but sure didn't love it either, just found it blah and not at all compelling. The graphics didn't bother me as much as others have stated, though I did not care for the super saturation of color, overall slight blur (that might be due to my wide screen) and I found our protagonist's sizable bustage on what otherwise appeared to be a child rather disturbing. There didn't really seem to be much of a story at all, though that may have developed had I hung in there longer. The hidden object stuff was ok, though did a pet peeve of mine with immeadiately returning to the same scene I'd just done, objects returned, to find more, some the same. The mini-games were ok, tho nothing particularly intriguing. I guess that was it: it's just a big ball of *shrug* So this one does not earn my credit but only gets a single.

... that said if I was ever suuuuper desperate for an HO I might return to this one, but I'd have to be mightily desperate.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 10, 09 4:27 AM
kishimojun wrote:Decided to put in my 2c since andy kinda asked. My res is 1024 x 768. This did not stop pretty bad pixellation that lasted a while when I was going from one scene to the next. Once I got to a scene and waited for it to clear up, the graphics were crisp, but that time in between is disconcerting (makes me think my computer is about to blow up or something). The gameplay was fine, not of interest to me, personally, but I won't knock it. My biggest problem happened before I even got started in playing. This is the first game I have demo'd from , and there have been many, that gave me an error message just trying to load. This one gave me three. I'm not sure what kind of problem that indicates, but one that would keep me from purchasing even if I had otherwise wanted to.

It sounds like you need help with your system, since you are having multiple errors on different games. Have you contacted tech support? You could start by updating your drivers (they will recommend this anyway) and perhaps they can figure out the issues you are having.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 10, 09 4:33 AM
Thank you Poodle. Still haven't made my mind but am desparate!!!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 10, 09 4:37 AM
It sounds like you need help with your system, since you are having multiple errors on different games. Have you contacted tech support? You could start by updating your drivers (they will recommend this anyway) and perhaps they can figure out the issues you are having.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I meant to say was that this is the first demo I have gotten any errors on downloading, and I have demo'd many games from this site. This game not only gave me one error, but three. The only other tech problem I had was a year ago with a large file game. That said, I love tech support here. They are the BEST! And thank you, Poodlebear, for being helpful as well. I went through a period of not posting much here, but the pond is a very nice place.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 10, 09 4:43 AM
bribling wrote:
andyforsaken wrote:the screen resolution should be 1024x768... it looks blurry if it's 800x600

That explains that. If I hadn't uninstalled I'd give it a look even though I am not buying another game that requires me to change res every time I play. What happened to the games that I used to play years ago that automatically changed the res when I played them?

I'm not sure as I think most of mine still change on their own. However, if they don't, I suspect that the coming of flat screen monitors had something to do with why they don't since they have their own native resolution and can be damaged if forced to go too far outside that resolution. You can still change their resolution manually without problems as long as you change it to something within that particular monitor's range, but since the ranges can vary between monitors, I suspect that developers might be moving away from automatically changing it. This is all just a theory in my head and might be totally wrong, but it sort of made sense to me. LOL!

[Post New]by andyforsaken on Mar 10, 09 4:57 AM
You can still change their resolution manually without problems as long as you change it to something within that particular monitor's range, but since the ranges can vary between monitors, I suspect that developers might be moving away from automatically changing it.

That does make sense. We figured it's not a good practice to change the resolution automatically, since you may want to run other applications while playing the game and changing the resolution would mess that up. Like you said, you can change the resolution manually.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 10, 09 6:09 AM
I found our protagonist's sizable bustage on what otherwise appeared to be a child rather disturbing.

LOL... I never noticed that. Now you made me go look again. I guess I am used to seeing big melon balls on girls these days since I live near California.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 10, 09 7:54 AM
Since HOs are "women's" games, maybe they are trying to make this more appealing to guys, LOL.

Haven't tried it, and after reading all this, don't know if I will... I liked the idea, anyway. I'm a cat fanatic, and any game or story featuring a will cat-ch my eye.

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Mar 10, 09 8:50 AM
[b]I too did not like this game I played the hour demo and found it not worth buying, sure wish Big Fish would come out with more adult object games , and less childrens games, after all we are the ones paying for them..lol.
they haven't had a good one in a while, and of course this is my opinion.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 10, 09 9:26 AM
LOL! The giant bust was the first thing I noticed when the game loaded and I am not even interested in that. It would have been hard to miss

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 10, 09 9:43 AM
I think we are totally spoiled by the Ravenhearst/Fate games, LOL! But I agree, more "adult" games would really be nice. I'm loving Dracula/Dragon, and looking forward to the next WMC.

I also see that there is another Azada in the works, and DC3 should be out soon. I love the LFAs, but if they get any larger, I'll have to pass. Drac took 6 hours to DL.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 10, 09 2:26 PM
It's in my 'maybe' file too.

The mini games have been very simple so far and most of the items easy to find. The scenes weren't near as bad as Serpent of Isis which was impossibly dark.

I agree with whoever mentioned how fast the lead in moved. Usually they move way too slowly but this moved way too fast for me.

No problem with the pixels - picture is clear and sharp. But feeling a little burnt after just buying Serpent, this will have to wait. I'd rather play RTR again.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Mar 10, 09 6:21 PM
Dumb me, again, I liked this one. Not a favorite but you guys gotta admit, we are getting very demanding. We've gotten spoiled by the "super" HO's that BF puts out. Be hard to do that on a daily basis!! Much better than most of the more recent games (not all but read back - we've had a couple of dud's in the last 30 days) Enjoy guys.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 10, 09 7:14 PM
I have to agree with Nyia00, I liked it too. I am very hard to please when it comes to HO games, and I found this one fun, and I loved most of the graphics. Keep them coming, and I'll keep buying.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 10, 09 11:51 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Yeah well, no. Played about 25ish minutes of the demo and really that was just because I was pushing myself not to give up too quick. I didn't hate it but sure didn't love it either, just found it blah and not at all compelling. The graphics didn't bother me as much as others have stated, though I did not care for the super saturation of color, overall slight blur (that might be due to my wide screen) and I found our protagonist's sizable bustage on what otherwise appeared to be a child rather disturbing. There didn't really seem to be much of a story at all, though that may have developed had I hung in there longer. The hidden object stuff was ok, though did a pet peeve of mine with immeadiately returning to the same scene I'd just done, objects returned, to find more, some the same. The mini-games were ok, tho nothing particularly intriguing. I guess that was it: it's just a big ball of *shrug* So this one does not earn my credit but only gets a single.

... that said if I was ever suuuuper desperate for an HO I might return to this one, but I'd have to be mightily desperate.

Poodlebear, agree with you entirely - I have my screen dullish and the colour scheme was just a bit garish for me, maybe if I was really really desperate!!

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on Mar 11, 09 11:35 AM
Thank you fishies for your comments......it's getter harder to see these days so i don't need this one to give me a headache, for sure......will have to wait for a good HG to come out.....bty...what does TGT mean...i see it alot when i read the forums....
thanks...Sun

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Mar 11, 09 12:35 PM
I didn't think this one was bad. It's clear on my screen, although the icon is blurry.

Sun,

TGT stands for Tomorrow's Game Today.

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Mar 11, 09 9:30 PM
Once again, bfg has sold a game that hasn't been properly tested. Yes, I bought it. I could absolutely not click on the pyramid it was asking for and the hint promptly pointed me to a clown. It also seems that they run wonderfully until my 60 minutes run out.

Edited on 03/11/2009 at 9:31:15 PM PST

KAREENA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by KAREENA on Mar 12, 09 1:53 AM
Andy,
I found the graphics similar to Magician's Handbook: Cursed Valley. Did you do the graphics for that game, too?
As for suggestions, i would make it an option to skip the story, for as a demo, that wastes too much of my free demo time. Also, the hints filling up so slowly is a time waster as well. The mini game where you replace the sugar pot and the tea kettle, well, I did it and I never got the game solved, so I had to kill precious demo time waiting for the skip bubble to fill up. I liked the frequent mini games! How do you come up with this stuff!
Great job, Andy, but I'm going to skip buying this one. BigFish games rock!

Go to: