[Post New]by ogrprincs on Oct 24, 13 7:27 PM
WOW! What a great game.

laraly
Herring
Herring
382 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 25, 13 4:32 AM
I am pleased to see new ideas in this hog game, it's refreshing and engagin to play!
Nice story and great graphics, beautiful colors and excellent sound, I like the frog books and puzzles, I have customized my options, so it goes with my pace, so far so good! Surclass

Skipperbp32
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Skipperbp32 on Oct 25, 13 12:43 PM
This was a fun game. So far, I've only played the Demo. The Designers used imagination and creativity in the HOG's. Well done!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Oct 25, 13 4:49 PM
Agree with Nilosh, the game is good all around, no problems, nothing too hard and not over abundant with collectibles.

This is brief because there are good reviews here by great people, so I feel redundant repeating it all. And everything is a bit dull with CCC gone. A little like the heart has gone out of this place. Oh well. The games are here and the sales. But as far as posting goes, I just don't do it much anymore.

Enjoy everyone!

steve_san
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Oct 25, 13 4:55 PM

Well, probably no one misses my reviews, but here goes anyway:

The game's story is recounted elsewhere so I will not repeat it, just say there is nothing particularly new but it held my interest because it does move along fairly quickly.

The baby is cute, the owl "assistant" isn't, and the voiceovers are superbly done, consistently excellent for all the characters (in the demo).

The puzzles are clever, not too hard though, but lack of difficulty is made up for with originality and the way they "fit" in the overall scheme of the game. More puzzles than hidden object scenes.

This is a game where you have to look around a lot and click on things to move along. Almost adventure-ish.

There are collectibles.

Drawing is well done, although the "bad guy" is cartoonishly evil, the only weak point I noticed in the game.

Otherwise, well worth trying.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Oct 26, 13 1:39 PM
amazing amazing game. WE've see some good ones over the last year but this one takes the cake. Over the top graphics, story line is right on..well others have said all this
My biggest comment..this is a prize winner, likely best of the year. Congrads dev!
kris

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 26, 13 5:06 PM
I downloaded the game without any difficulty & was enjoying playing it when my computer screen froze for the first of a total of 3 times on a mini game. Three strikes & your OUT so NO BUY for me.

exact
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Oct 27, 13 12:05 AM
Thank you BFG and developers for this game. Fantastic is the only words I have for it. It was not easy. I had to use hints, strategy guide and forum to finish it, however, I can't wait to play it again.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Oct 27, 13 2:54 PM
steve_san wrote:
Well, probably no one misses my reviews, but here goes anyway:

The game's story is recounted elsewhere so I will not repeat it, just say there is nothing particularly new but it held my interest because it does move along fairly quickly.

The baby is cute, the owl "assistant" isn't, and the voiceovers are superbly done, consistently excellent for all the characters (in the demo).

The puzzles are clever, not too hard though, but lack of difficulty is made up for with originality and the way they "fit" in the overall scheme of the game. More puzzles than hidden object scenes.

This is a game where you have to look around a lot and click on things to move along. Almost adventure-ish.

There are collectibles.

Drawing is well done, although the "bad guy" is cartoonishly evil, the only weak point I noticed in the game.

Otherwise, well worth trying.

I read all posts steve_san. And yours was as good as anyones. Keep posting as we all have different tastes and it takes more than one review or even a dozen, to get the idea of what a game is really worth to you.

Cya

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
416 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Oct 27, 13 5:57 PM
CE worthy ce quality game, totally XEE (extra extra ordinary edition) game

If u are still waiting, then u may wait till x'mas and hope bfg got the 2-for-1 sales then grab it!!!

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Oct 28, 13 2:05 PM
I usually don't post reviews but I had to pop in and leave a few comments on this game. There is only one other recent HOPA game that has even come close to equaling this game. From the opening scene there is much to ooh and aah over. Some new ideas and different ways of doing things and the sheer beauty of the game come to mind. Hours and hours of playing time, decent story......etc. etc. etc.!!!!!!!

The only possible thing that could have been done to improve it would have been to lose the "helper" but even this was not real obtrusive or annoying. (I do not like the helpers in ANY game!)

I think this is a very worthy game for HOPA game of the year!!!!!

AirCoco
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Oct 28, 13 5:39 PM
I am enjoying this game very much, there is a LOT to do and pay attention to. Ithink the strategy guide is a pain tho! I rarely ever, ever have to use it in a game but have three times now after the hint button just pointed to the place I know I had to go to, but didn't know what to do. The SG was very confusing and vague. As you read what to do, the picture pops up over the text so you can't read AND see what they mean. I just had to come here to see how to solve the observatory "1969" thing and really, I tried 40 times until I luckily found the solution here. The SG was no help.

This is a fun game...not totally blown away by it but it is very detailed and well done.

ruadhan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Oct 29, 13 12:55 AM
Nice game, good graphics, appreciate the effort to make the Hidden Object scenes fresh, and there's a decent balance between those and the mini-games.

The plot is not terribly original and indeed just the tiniest bit contrived - how realistic is it that if you found a baby on your doorstep, your first impulse would be to put the kid in your car and go haring off after the mysterious stranger, rather than calling the police/ambulance to look after the child while you track him down?

Of course, realism is not the point of these games, so that's forgivable. However, if you really can't guess the identity of the mysterious stranger and figure out where the plot is going in the first five minutes (and that's being generous), you've probably not played a lot of these types of games.

The musical interludes in the cut-scenes were startling, I have to say; not at all what I was expecting! I don't know how well they work: it was a bit too cheesy for me, but once again, kudos to the game developers for at least trying to inject some novelty into the formula.

I would recommend the game, especially if you don't want a paranormal/gory/scary storyline. Growly monster guy doesn't do any real harm, and the rest of the storyline is chock full of love and romance and family feelings.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Oct 29, 13 6:26 AM
It has been a long time since I have had so much fun and pleasure in playing a game. The scene changes are breathtaking and there is no way you can become bored, even the games have games within. I generally find the hidden object games rather dull, but not in this game. It is bright, colourful and gives so much enjoyment, a welcome change from the grey games we have had recently. It is a decent length as well. Well done developers, keep them coming.

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Oct 30, 13 6:06 AM
I've been a club member for a long time and it takes quite a bit to rouse my imagination but...This game is AWESOME! It contains all my favorites things rolled up into one! It's been a long time since one has come out that keeps my interest from start to finish, but this one has the WOW factor built right in! Please-make more games just like it... different mini-games- the portals- the HOG scenes- collectable flowers and even the morphing objects!! This one captured my heart...so here's a big thank you to the developers and to Big Fish!!! !!!!

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 6:08:43 AM PST

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on Oct 30, 13 9:51 AM
I just logged onto the forums to say how much I am enjoying this game. I would have not thought this possible, but they have managed to take the tired HOG genre and add a fresh twist to it. I am constantly delighted by the little details the developers used to make this game fresh and interesting. Well done!

[Post New]by Cazmo2 on Nov 2, 13 1:16 PM
Bought the collectors edition. Had been really enjoying it until i played the bonus game part. An essential item disappeared from my inventory - so it's impossible to complete it. If you want to by get the normal version - don't waste the extra money on the collectors bit.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,337 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Nov 2, 13 5:30 PM
What a terrific game this is! As a matter of fact, it's the only game where I actually went out of my way to find all the hidden roses and collectibles. Although I know I played for hours, the time just flew right by.

I plan to play this game as soon as I can forget about it, just for the sheer enjoyment!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 2, 13 7:59 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. FROGS, IHOGS, HOPA, something for everyone! I especially like that I didn't need to find all the collectables as I was playing the game in order to unlock the bonus chapter and hidden chapters. Great work, Devs!

Go to: