Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by Harleigh555 on Oct 26, 13 8:07 AM
Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Help I am unable to proceed what do I do.

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Oct 26, 13 9:38 AM
Same thing happened to me. Used it on the chisel before using on the garden shears and it disappeared from the inventory. Can't finish game. It had to be on Chapter 7 too, right before the bonus chapter. I contacted tech support and did a Dr. Felix attachment. Hope they fix this, loved the game.

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 26, 13 5:05 PM
I downloaded the game without any difficulty & was enjoying playing it when my computer screen froze for the first of a total of 3 times on a mini game. Three strikes & your OUT so NO BUY for me.

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Oct 26, 13 7:24 PM
sparkynugget84 wrote:I cannot replay the HOP in Jack's basement from the extras area. The final item you collect in-game (that isn't needed in the replay) is blocking most of the puzzle area. It's like the scene doesn't reset after you've completed the puzzle in the game.

I'm trying to get all of the achievements, one being to replay all the HOPs and get 3 stars on them. Speed and accuracy factor into the score so I need to be able to see. I haven't had any trouble playing the HOPs from all the scenes before this. It's frustrating that I won't be able to get that achievement, along with the one for earning all the other achievements...

Same problem here, it has happened for me in 2 scenes so i have 3 stars in all but these 2 as the final items you get in the main game are blocking out most of the middle of the scene?

[Post New]by plsurg1 on Oct 27, 13 9:44 AM
if you get flashing bars, right click and use compatability mode

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 27, 13 10:27 AM
Game crashed as I hit play. The best I got was intro music and a black screen.

[Post New]by islander133 on Oct 27, 13 11:45 AM
In the Bonus level I forgot to pick up one of the purified orbs before going to another section. When I went back the hand with the orb was gone & I can't find it anywhere. Does this mean I can't finish the Bonus level?

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Oct 27, 13 1:07 PM
I messed up in the Bonus level & forgot to pick up one of the purified orbs before going to another section. When I went back the hand with the orb was gone & I can't find it anywhere. Does this mean I can't finish the Bonus level?

jang343
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jang343 on Oct 27, 13 6:41 PM
I answered the question.. You cannot download Nevertales on a Mac if you are running AVASTi,virus protection.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 27, 13 7:34 PM
Running Windows 8.1. Demo played perfectly. Bought the game - it downloads, and tries to install, but keeps getting an error. I have no idea what to try.

Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by Rawr_A_Sarus on Oct 27, 13 10:30 PM
Harleigh555 wrote:Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Help I am unable to proceed what do I do.

Yep that also happened to me, I can't go any further am stuck on that chapter 7 "The Gazebo" where you need to use the whetstone on the garden sheers to sharpen them and "zippo" the whetstone is no where it just disappeared!

Tried the hint, no good as it keeps telling me there is nothing to do here and I only have 3 locations on the map to go to and the hints say the exact same thing at each location.
I have put in a tech assist to customer service, hopefully they will get back with a solution.

Guess all there is to do right now is to have a cupa

Edited on 10/27/2013 at 10:37:10 PM PST

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Oct 28, 13 3:35 AM
I just tried the game and it doesnt even get me to the starting screen
It just says: input not supported
I've tried everything BF says in the support but no success.
Well, that's it for me

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 28, 13 8:12 AM
jlbaughn1 wrote:Same thing happened to me. Used it on the chisel before using on the garden shears and it disappeared from the inventory. Can't finish game. It had to be on Chapter 7 too, right before the bonus chapter. I contacted tech support and did a Dr. Felix attachment. Hope they fix this, loved the game.

Same thing happened to me. I'm totally stuck. Second game in a week that this has happened to. Ugh.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Oct 28, 13 9:41 AM
It's crashed on me twice in the space of 5 minutes, so it's a no buy from me.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 28, 13 10:59 AM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

If your game is crashing or you are experiencing display issues, it's possible your computer could use an update so that it communicates more smoothly with the game. You can find out more about that HERE.

If you're having trouble downloading or activating the game, HERE is a help article with some suggestion to solve common issues.

If you are having trouble in the game with items disappearing or the game not acting as it should, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, to ensure that all of the files are downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't help, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more specialized suggestions to help sort things out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Oct 28, 13 12:10 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:
jlbaughn1 wrote:Same thing happened to me. Used it on the chisel before using on the garden shears and it disappeared from the inventory. Can't finish game. It had to be on Chapter 7 too, right before the bonus chapter. I contacted tech support and did a Dr. Felix attachment. Hope they fix this, loved the game.

Same thing happened to me. I'm totally stuck. Second game in a week that this has happened to. Ugh.

Yep, here too: exited the game, restarted, nothing. Uninstalled, reinstalled, still no whetstone. Does this mean we have to start all over?

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 28, 13 12:16 PM
Uninstalled/reinstalled - still no whetstone.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 28, 13 2:51 PM
For those querying about the Collectibles, I have played the game twice now (it's a great game!), and had to find the Collectibles after finishing the Bonus Chapter. The second time through (under a different profile) I tried to find them in the main game itself, but couldn't.

So, the upshot is, that finding the Collectibles is an extra "game" after the Bonus Chapter.

Jen

[Post New]by Happyinoz2 on Oct 28, 13 8:12 PM
spyque wrote: Game crashed as I hit play. The best I got was intro music and a black screen.

tmlbwells
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmlbwells on Oct 29, 13 9:22 AM
I can't find the pieces for the book in the observatory. I've looked in the strategy guide and restarted the game. They don't seem to be there. Any help?

Go to: