The Whetstone

moonchild8
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:The Whetstone

[Post New]by moonchild8 on Nov 10, 13 10:41 AM
MerryDaze wrote:Same here, totally stuck. I had the whetstone and used it to sharpen a chisel or file, then it disappeared and is no longer in inventory. Now I'm supposed to use it to sharpen garden shears.

Same problem today. Is there a solution yet and I am not talking about restarting the game for that is really stupid.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 11, 13 6:53 AM
Regrettably, I don't think they have found a solution yet, moonchild8. This is such a wonderful game, though, that replaying it isn't too much of a chore.

@ tookat - I'm with you on that one. I also put having too much in the Inventory right up there with not being able to lock the Inventory as a pet peeve in games.

Edited on 11/11/2013 at 6:56:00 AM PST

Dalyn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Dalyn on Nov 11, 13 8:01 AM
I reported this bug to Mad Head Games, they are the creator of the game sold under the banner of Mad Hat Games. www.madheadgames.com

Very much enjoying playing Nevertales: The Beauty Witihin until I hit the problem of blunt shears. Having used the whetstone on the chisel first, found it was no longer available to sharpen blunt shears.

There is no warning anywhere that objects should be used in any specific order, so there is a major problem with this game. As the developer of the game it is your responsibilty to provide a free software update to fix this probelm. As it is, the game is now unplayable. If you are not able to provide a software update, please advise and I will seek a refund from Big Fish. Maybe if enough customers do likewise, Big Fish will not supply your games in the future. I will not purchase another Mad Hat game until this problem has been resolved.

I look forward to your earliest reply.

I received an almost instant reply:

The situation that you describe suggests that you've encountered a bug in the game, and I'm so sorry to hear that. I saw on BFG forums that couple of people also experienced this, but, unfortunately we cannot do anything on our own. The procedure is: you report this bug to BFG tech thread on forums, and once BFG admins send us the list of corrections we do them and send back to BFG, which then issues a patch. That's how things work and we are not allowed to do anything outside these instructions on our own.

Once again, I'm sorry that you encountered a bug in our game, and can only advise to leave this description at tech issues forum. I understand that you are frustrated over this, but also I want you to know that we don't make these bugs on purpose, and that game undergoes very serious passes of testing, however, bugs remain in every piece of software out there.

Thanks for contacting us, and I hope that this issue gets resolved soon!
Nenad

So, it's up to BFG to obtain a fix. Best keep on at BFG until they do just that. Who knows, we might just get a fix, well, we can live in hope.

Nova1

[Post New]by BeSweet on Nov 15, 13 12:27 PM
Dalyn wrote:I reported this bug to Mad Head Games, they are the creator of the game sold under the banner of Mad Hat Games. www.madheadgames.com

Very much enjoying playing Nevertales: The Beauty Witihin until I hit the problem of blunt shears. Having used the whetstone on the chisel first, found it was no longer available to sharpen blunt shears.

There is no warning anywhere that objects should be used in any specific order, so there is a major problem with this game. As the developer of the game it is your responsibilty to provide a free software update to fix this probelm. As it is, the game is now unplayable. If you are not able to provide a software update, please advise and I will seek a refund from Big Fish. Maybe if enough customers do likewise, Big Fish will not supply your games in the future. I will not purchase another Mad Hat game until this problem has been resolved.

I look forward to your earliest reply.

I received an almost instant reply:

The situation that you describe suggests that you've encountered a bug in the game, and I'm so sorry to hear that. I saw on BFG forums that couple of people also experienced this, but, unfortunately we cannot do anything on our own. The procedure is: you report this bug to BFG tech thread on forums, and once BFG admins send us the list of corrections we do them and send back to BFG, which then issues a patch. That's how things work and we are not allowed to do anything outside these instructions on our own.

Once again, I'm sorry that you encountered a bug in our game, and can only advise to leave this description at tech issues forum. I understand that you are frustrated over this, but also I want you to know that we don't make these bugs on purpose, and that game undergoes very serious passes of testing, however, bugs remain in every piece of software out there.

Thanks for contacting us, and I hope that this issue gets resolved soon!
Nenad

So, it's up to BFG to obtain a fix. Best keep on at BFG until they do just that. Who knows, we might just get a fix, well, we can live in hope.

Nova1

I just put in a NEW help request, referencing my original request, asking for the status of a fix. I'll post any reply I get. I strongly advise EVERYONE to do the same and reference THIS posting by Dalyn and Mad Head Game's position in the matter. We need Big Fish to step up!!!

JurJur
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by JurJur on Nov 16, 13 6:44 AM
I have the same problem. read all of your suggestions.. tried some and emailed customer service. Got the same "it will take 24 - 72 hours to answer you" .. I have had a lot of problems with BigFish and the game downloads lately, and had to deal with customer service and their help. Not real happy.. I waited two months before I tried again and now this. Just needed to vent. Jur Jur

[Post New]by foxyarizonalady on Nov 16, 13 2:53 PM
Sorry to say I've had it with Big Fish. Not saying it's all their fault but do not like paying for a game only to have it not work. This is the third game in the past month that I've had similar problems with. Bye Bye Big Fish

[Post New]by whateveruwant on Nov 17, 13 6:12 AM
I had the exact same issue so contacted BF customer support. I have to say they were very good. They gave me a voucher code for a collectors edition of my choice but basically said until the developers fix the glitch the only way to get around it is to start again which I am loathed to do so I have kept it on my list and am just going to await an update.

[Post New]by Starrjazzmine on Nov 20, 13 8:04 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I loaded the Beauty patch and it worked!! The whetstone was there and I sharpened the garden shears. Good to go!! Just thought I would let everyone know. I wish BG would have fessed up in the beginning instead of suggesting I do all these "updates" or "fixes" when it was clear that it was a glitch in the game. But kudos to them for getting it done this quickly. Good Luck fishies!

Go to: