dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Post Your Paranormal State: Poison Spring Tech Issues Here Only

[Post New]by dippydebby on Nov 5, 13 2:50 PM
I received a refund. But even though I am not as computer savvy as most of you, even I am intelligent enough to know something is wrong. Demo played fine, no problem, bought it,, wont play! Ive downloaded games since and they have worked perfectly. So perhaps it isnt my laptop that isnt working properly!! Therefore I cannot understand why all these problems havent been sorted. Ive been with Bf for years now, and have never encountered as many problems as I have over the last year!

cassey74
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cassey74 on Nov 7, 13 7:13 PM
Started playing demo,30 mins into the game I get a blank screen then my pc shuts down & have to restart it in safe mode. This is the 7th game I've had the same problem with. Tried everything & everything is up to date. Why is this happening a lot lately???? NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!

[Post New]by cherrygoop on Nov 9, 13 5:41 AM
I am not able to get the saw blade to attach to the saw. The pit where the saw handle is remains blurred and after repeated attempts, it just isn't happening. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I was actually enjoying this game too. Please help!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 17, 13 7:56 PM
Just went back to play this game and receiving an access violation message!!?? Come on!? My system is Win 7 Professional, 64 bit... EVERYTHING is up to date. I notice someone here has an Alienware system... I thought MY system was good... their system is the BEST! WHY the errors on these up to date, GREAT systems AND in the middle of otherwise error-uneventful gameplay???

ERR....

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 7:56:58 PM PST

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Dec 17, 13 1:28 PM
This game still does not run, even after two delete and re-installs. The original game let me go through the manikins, finding all but one of the spots with the EMF. Then there was a crash and an "ERROR: Null" message. Now the manikins still say they need to be checked with the EMF, but the EMF says it does not need to be used. Periodically I still randomly get the "Null" message.

kkeck
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by kkeck on Dec 17, 13 4:40 PM
I bought the game through the big fish site and when i go to play the game it says "no connected audio device" and will not start...HELP!! I have uninstalled and re installed the game 2 x's and still get the same error message.

[Post New]by arlaheather on Dec 26, 13 8:26 PM
Hi, I downloaded the demo but when it runs I get black flickering lines running across the screen so it is unplayable for me. Anyone know how I can fix this? I have other games I play and they are fine.

[Post New]by 4cordelia2 on Feb 3, 14 4:12 PM
The one hour test game was fine.
I purchased, activated and when I hit the "continue" button, the computer froze.
A new game starts fine, a saved game crashes the computer.
every time, I have tried it 4 times.
Have also re-installed.
Mac system.
Upgraded both Flash and Shockwave.
Don't see any fixes for the game...

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Feb 5, 14 10:31 AM
I just started having the same problem as 4coredlia2. Played the game demo over last weekend, purchased it Monday and restarted the game Tuesday. Got as far as the well in the woods Tuesday, then quit/saved. Today tried to continue the game. Complete computer crash. Reinstalled and same problem. Also have current Flash/Shockwave; ran computer diagnostics, etc. Nothing helped. I'm sending Tech Suppport a Dr. Felix report to see if they can help.

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3; 8GB RAM; 111GB free on hard drive. System 10.6.8

[Post New]by Rhiannyn on Mar 5, 14 3:08 AM
Same problem here - getting stuck in the forest.
Somehow i've been able to manipulate the game to getting me to move on to the camp site, but i can't move back to the museum, and so can't progress in this game.

This one seems to have escaped the testers.

gparadox
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gparadox on Mar 17, 14 12:26 PM
How many people have to report problems before a fix is available?
I have also had most of the same issues as most everyone else

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 26, 14 6:31 PM
Has there ever been a fix for the freezing/blurred screen at the excavation pit? I'm stuck there, with sparkles over the pit area but nothing other than a blurred window opening up. I am really enjoy this game and don't want to give up on it as I haven't found any other games I've liked this much in ages.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 28, 14 12:23 PM
Any word on game re-issues or patches available? I don't want to delete this game as it's been the best one all season - no demons or witches, no fairytales or helpers, no repetitive time-wasting puzzles. A grown-up game with real-looking characters in a plausible story - so I don't want to give up on it. I got stuck at the blurry freeze-frame at the excavation site, and the usual solutions didn't work.

[Post New]by SurrealBabe on Apr 30, 14 7:43 AM
I have an iMac OSX 10.9.2. Ran the demo OK but cannot continue a game, can only start new game after I exit. Also, first screen appears that says "Paused" and requires hitting "Return" to get to the opening sequence.

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on May 6, 14 8:29 AM
Windows 7 Home x64
Intel Core 2 Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz 2.49 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
2 TB hard drive (1.37 TB free)

Error message: "error this is "null"" and then asking if I would like to debug. No matter whether I click yes or no it goes right back to the black screen with the debug message. sigh.. I was about to enter the excavation site next to Forester 's Lodge, the picture started to fuzz and got that message.

Any suggestion?

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Aug 22, 14 4:38 PM
Regarding the map board, you attach maps as you get them, then click on the map for the area you want to go to - the parking lot, the dig, etc. It took me several tries to figure that out.

Regarding the blurred/frozen screen at the excavation pit - did you check to see if you can use one of the paranormal detection tools on it? Usually that blurred screen means you have to use the EVP recorder and go around the scene to find the hidden figures.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 29, 14 10:05 AM
Error message: "'this' is null" and some other things I can't remember and should have written down. Microsoft has advised me to be very careful of any popups that show up during BF games. So I am not willing to take this any further as my computer has been hacked twice in the last six months, costing me almost $350. I would send an email to BF about this technical problem but BF no longer responds to my emails except for the generic email which states an email has been received. I have seen BF's customer service go from excellent with live chat to mediocre to absolutely nothing. I hardly ever send an email to BF and I never use inappropriate language so I don't know why my emails receive no response. My account is in good standing and I have never received an infraction.

For some reason, the reviews thread has been locked by BF so I can't post anything there. I did have some things to say about the game; both positive and negative. Evidently I am not allowed to do so and I have no idea what is going on - are our reviews no longer considered important?

I am one unhappy clownfish.

Edit: I am on Windows 7.

Edited on 10/29/2014 at 10:07:12 AM PST

tazrox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tazrox on Nov 8, 14 12:34 AM
the main trouble i had was that the game kept freezing up on puzzles and i kept having to close it out and reload it...i did even uninstall and reinstall it 2 times and that did not help...i did make it through the game and it is a good game, but you have lots of freezing issues that seriously need to be fixed.

Go to: