catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Reviews for Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 3, 13 9:13 PM
FEATURES
4 modes of difficulty: Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom. Differences are hint and skip recharge times, sparkles and black bar tips. In Custom, you can alter things to suit your liking. Hint times range from 5-200 sec. I played Custom, with sparkles and black bar tips turned on, tutorial off, and hint and skip recharge times set at 35 and 45 seconds respectively.
Hint and Skip- hint is incredibly useful outside HOS.
Diary- keeps track of events and also holds the taskbar.
Map- interactive and helpful.
Nightingale- This is your little helper for the game, and it is used quite a bit.

CE EXCLUSIVES
Built-in Strategy Guide. Very helpful when it comes to puzzles.
Collectible birds- these are stored in the Bird House.
Achievements
Bonus Chapter
Concept Art
Music
Replay HOS
Replay Puzzles
Replay Movies

I don't see this game as worthy of a CE, even though I personally don't like the game myself. I'll be avoiding this one, as it's once again too cute for me. It's a shame what ERS has become, because they're going to start losing a lot of fans.
If you like this game, my advice is to wait for the SE.

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Nov 4, 13 2:11 AM
Great game, just loved it, can anyone suggest games like this one???/

The thing that I really love about ERS games is that they have a great hint system, did not need the SG except only once, would love to have more games like this one, love
love it, of course I am a sucker for fairy tales, ones that end happily like this one, loved the game play, just loved the whole game, I know this review does not make much sense, just got done playing it and would love to know all of ERS's games but cannot get a listing of their games to come up....

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 4, 13 7:16 AM
I loved the game of course i bought the game after 20 minutes great Job DEV's and thank You for all your hard work and time you spent on this awesome game I loved everything about this game graphics and music was off the chain..Thx BF as always..

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Nov 5, 13 5:53 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!

OK, I'm going to comment on a different aspect (I think) of the story.

It is an OK game, pretty, nicey-nice, cute characters, etc. Need to put it on at least advanced or it's quite easy.

Here is my problem with it.....SPOILER AGAIN.....

So here you are, a 19-year-old girl taking on this huge task of saving your father by going to a castle owned by a menacing beast. It takes time, perserverance, and guts. Yet, you come to a pile of leaves or cobwebs and say "yuck, I don't want to touch that"! which means you have to find a broom or whatever. OK, so not a big deal, but this still bugs me. The HOGS and inventory items should match what the heroine is capable of.

That's the little thing, and it's in alot of games. The big thing here for me is that you (the heroine) have to go and save this guy from the witch's curse, right? So next he tells you to go find the "artifact" while he "prepares everything else". You are back and forth doing all the stuff in order to get said artifact, and there he is every time you go back to the chapel area standing there, doing NOTHING. Now that part I can relate to! SO then, you and he go through the portal to defeat the witch. What happens? She gets him again, and you have to save him yet again. Can this guy do anything right?

Which takes me back to the beginning. Opening sequence is this woman telling a child a story. Until the end I thought it was the kids' grandma until she says the story was about her and the childs' father. Girl is 19 when story starts, kid is maybe 4 or 5, woman telling story looks 40 and sounds 60. Probably because she had to keep saving her idiot husband.

Developers.....more games about women who are self-sufficient and don't need "princes" to marry. Please! I'm not some jaded divorcee, been married for over 30 years. Let's have some really strong females, and that includes those who haven't just rappelled up a rock-faced cliff and then turn around and have to find a way to make a broom in order to sweep leaves away because they don't want to touch them. Do women help write these plots???

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 12, 13 8:40 AM
What a beautiful game DEV's I just finished the game and I want to thank you for all your hard work and time you spent on this beautiful game the Graphics was outstanding and the sounds was awesomeI hope to see more of your games in the future..Thx BF for this beautiful game..once again DEV's Congrats..
5 's

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 19, 13 1:40 PM
just finished. loved the game even if a bit long for me. had to use the map button several times. I really thought the birds were cute.

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Nov 29, 13 8:34 AM
I played the demo.

While the game looks gorgeous (it's been awhile since I have seen one this sharp), it lacks a bit of content. The story seemed like a cross of Beauty and the Beast and the Nightingale stories, and the mood was a bit lighter. But when you drag in the forest a bit too much, and for no important reason...sorry, to me that looks like a filler. And after a while, it just bores you. Usually, whatever you do in a game should have some relevance to the story, but the activies in the forest seemed put just to stretch the lenght of the game.

A really nice looking game, that, however, lacked in content. Not sure I would recommend it.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Nov 29, 13 9:26 AM
Mar39, I so agree! "I'll brave many dangers, except a small spider web" - give me a break!

Also can't stand when you acquire useful tools (a knife, a flashlight, ...), then use them once and put them down and walk away. Gets one to thinking - if this person is that dimwitted, do I want to rescue them?

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 8, 14 11:28 PM
Well, I read the reviews before I bought/played this game and I think I wholly agree with the excellent positive reviews. This is full of eye candy and cuteness and I loved it A few of the mini games and my mouse clicker finger caused a little frustration so I am finding out that it is NOT a crime to skip when I start gritting my teeth LOL!
The lightness of a nice fairy-tale game in between more serious darker games is a pleasant interlude
Give this one a try if you want an easier paced game. I did refer to the SG several times so I was glad I had gotten the CE. Also the Bonus play was pretty dog-gone good
I'm giving this sugar sweet game out of 5

[Post New]by Cattcarr on Aug 6, 14 7:32 PM
I have been trying for 2 days to hook the ankh in the dungeon scene of hidden objects and cannot get it to match. Can anyone advise????????

Go to: