orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here On

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 23, 13 1:51 PM
game seems to run well BUT cannot activate the MAP!!! hmmm!

all other extras are functional ie nightingale and hint and SG but not the map.

please advise.

thanks.

ETA:

please disregard the above!!

the thought of your involvement appears to have been sufficient to rectify the situation!!

kindly allow me to leave this in place as a continuous motivation for good behaviour!! threats are necessary sometimes!!!

Edited on 11/23/2013 at 2:10:10 PM PST

Kathyj77
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Onl

[Post New]by Kathyj77 on Nov 29, 13 5:28 PM
I got to section where you put plant and then use butterfly and the bridge appears. When I go to cross get the runtime error

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Onl

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 30, 13 3:20 AM
This is my second time for playing the game, and now, when I had no tech issues at all first time round, I am getting the runtime error when the daughter is heading towards the castle after using the ring.

I tried re-starting the game 2 more times and got exactly the same error message at exactly the same point in the game.

I will try deleting and re-installing, but won't hold my breath. Ever since I replaced my motherboard, some of my games have been refusing to play. Sigh.

Jen.

Asking for name and security key after purchased the full version

[Post New]by Maximum75 on Nov 30, 13 7:06 AM
I played the Collector's Edition demo and then purchased the full collector's edition. When I tried to Play, it is asking me for a name and security key. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but that did not work. It is still asking for the security key. I checked my email but there was nothing on the email confirmation that was a security key.

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here On

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Dec 20, 13 3:16 PM
roesbud wrote:Just updated the game... getting a runtime error
"This application has requested tghe Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I am also having the same runtime error. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled. And instead of acting like a new install - it took me back to where I was when I uninstalled it when I got the runtime error the first 4 times.

beelazy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Run Time Error

[Post New]by beelazy on Jan 19, 14 11:51 AM
I receive the same type of error message over and over again, I haven't received an game update in my queue dialog box as yet in order to get this problem fixed! Its not my computer, have latest software downloaded, seems when you send email you get a standardized email response, nothing seems to work!!!!! Hopefully, customers will be receiving an game update in their queue dialog box!

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here O

[Post New]by epreiss on Feb 9, 14 12:58 PM
LynHamilton wrote:
roesbud wrote:Just updated the game... getting a runtime error
"This application has requested tghe Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I am also having the same runtime error. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled. And instead of acting like a new install - it took me back to where I was when I uninstalled it when I got the runtime error the first 4 times.

I join you:
Having the same runtime error, when I wanted to play the game for a 2nd time. Uninstallation and reinstallation had the same effect as you describe, it took me back where I was when I uninstalled the game.
When I read the answers given here by Bigfish, they do not offer any solution for the problem. As you write, one gets a standardized response. Have also not received any game update (BTW: I have the German Version of this game).

[Post New]by CALYAD on Mar 12, 14 12:58 AM
Big Fish game console told me there was an update to this game. Loaded ok, then when I clicked to play, it worked for about 2 minutes then crashed - saying the game requested close down because of a runtime error. Seeing as I have Win8.1, I don't think I need any extra drivers, but because I originally loaded the game nearly a year ago, maybe the update was incompatible.
Any ideas?

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Jun 5, 14 9:08 AM
Never played this CE because of runtime error. Do NOT suggest techs, they are no help. I'.m tired of buying CE's that do not work and errors are not fixed by BFG.

[Post New]by Callie757 on Aug 8, 14 4:56 AM
I have enjoyed this up to now the green puffball,has frozen in inventory so cant go any further!

[Post New]by SHertzog on Aug 12, 14 5:11 AM
I am doing well until I start chapter 2 and when I try to move down the road, it turns off and puts me back on the desktop. I am using an i-Pad 5 and have done a restart, deleted the game and re-installed it and it still doesn't let me go down the road to the pond.

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Sep 16, 14 5:06 PM
I just bought this game. Unlocked it right away. Forgot to type my name in - so it used one it gave me with my ITunes account.
Want to change that do not want anything appearing under my name or any name in Game Center.
How do I change names?
I reset, but then it says welcome player, and after a few minutes reverts back to the old name.

Repeatedly getting Runtime Error since Loading Update

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Oct 4, 14 7:37 AM
Have had this game for a while and have had no problems until I loaded the update today.

Start of chapter 2 once clock, puzzle piece, octopus etc collected trying to move forward causes runtime error

Go to: