245 Posts

Re:grumpyre

[Post New]by alinarouge on Nov 4, 13 11:17 PM
You right Flaming June!
The hope just that

But I don't give up and keep breeding.
Nothing! at the moment!
Neither Reebro nor Grumpyre
I'm trying with ever possible combos and level BUT with all my Islands at 100% happiness for each single monsters.

Let you know.....

Please, if someone suceed in breeding one, let us know level and type of combo
Thanks a lot

Hugs from Rome Italy - Alina

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Nov 5, 13 6:35 AM
Anyone who has played pencil and paper RPGs knows about rolling multi-sided dice. It's possible to get those very high or low rolls of 1% or 100% but it doesn't happen very often! It's the number of times you try that matter since eventually (like rolling dice) you will get that winning roll!

[Post New]by trekkiecat on Nov 6, 13 12:17 PM
Yes. This game seems to be all about patience & perseverance. Took me several tries but I finally got the Deedge, & I might finally have the Grumpyre. Bred a Deedged & a Congle (for the umpteenth time) & the breed time is 36 hours. Fingers crossed.

taramisu1
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by taramisu1 on Nov 7, 13 2:24 AM
FlamingJune1967 wrote:
It is kind of frustrating when someone says "I got a XXX on my 1st (or second or third) try because I know that for everyone that says that there is some poor guy out there who has tried dozens of times with no success. That poor guy will probably be me

Um, that jerk would be me. Sorry. I got Punkleton after the third try (after the update), and currently have 4 of them. I also got a Grumpyre on the first try. But rest assured, I've been trying feverishly for the other ethereals and have gotten a BOAT LOAD of T-Rox and Congles. Too bad we don't have those wishing torches.

taramisu1
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by taramisu1 on Nov 7, 13 2:26 AM
alinarouge wrote:
Please, if someone suceed in breeding one, let us know level and type of combo

I am at level 23 without any 15 level monsters. I can't recall which combination I used, but I hear it doesn't matter.

[Post New]by nightnurse2012 on Nov 7, 13 4:16 AM
I spotted a grumpyre in the random islands. I want one! He's so cute and smokey. I'll just keep breeding but I've been breeding since Oct 23rd.......

[Post New]by trekkiecat1959 on Nov 9, 13 12:37 PM
Took me several tries but I finally got him on my phone. Still working on the PC one. You just have to be patient. It was the Deedge & the Thumpie. I yes, he is cool.

[Post New]by LadyFox21 on Mar 19, 14 4:21 PM
I have tried soooooo many times to get a grumpyre. Months have gone by. It almost seems like I cant get it because i want it so bad. I only tried four or five times when i got my Reebro, and prob tried at east 50 times before I finally got my Ghazt. just cant seem to get any of the others and the Grumpyre is what i really want!!!

however, while we all wait for a miracle to happen and we all get one, I figured I could share how i got my other Ethereals, not that there is a formula, but just to prove that its all basically dumb luck.

I got my Reebro first, 4-5 times into trying for one. zero torches lit. Riff at level 10, Scups at level 8. Riff 0% happy, Scups 50% happy.

I got my Ghazt second, 50 or so times into trying. one torch lit. Entbrat at level 13, Bowgart at level 15. Entbrat 75% happy, Bowgart 75% happy.

I have friends who cant seem to get any ethereals and others who now have almost all of them and didn't seem to have to try this much to get any of them!!! I've tried to find the magic formula, but there really isn't one. So, just keep at it, don't give up, just focus on other things while your trying!..oh, and GOOD LUCK!!!

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Mar 20, 14 8:58 PM
FlamingJune1967 wrote:
F_O_A wrote:
FlamingJune1967 wrote: You are just one person. And you have a 1% chance. Every. Single, Time.
I hope this clears some of this confusion up,

Yes - It's perfectly clear the odds are against my ever breeding a Grumpyre!!!

Okay - so if I get one tomorrow I'm gonna feel really stupid and sorta guilty

HaHa!
They are hoping that players will give up and just buy one, of course. I've purchased enough gems to buy ONE Ethereal, but I'm going to wait and see which Ethereal I breed first and then buy one for a different Island so that I will have two to breed.
It is kind of frustrating when someone says "I got a XXX on my 1st (or second or third) try because I know that for everyone that says that there is some poor guy out there who has tried dozens of times with no success. That poor guy will probably be me
I'm standing right next to you. I have bought my Ethereals and only breed one Ghatz. I keep trying.

[Post New]by DreamWolf_7 on Mar 24, 14 2:40 AM
Sigh, well at least this thread is the company for my misery lol......I even sprung for torches on my android phone game....still no joy. I'm starting to think the whole torch thing is the Koolaid they want us to drink when we get good and desperate

sullyr33
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by sullyr33 on Mar 28, 14 6:53 PM
he is the only one I need and been trying sense I started way back in October!!! kinda sucks cause can't get anything else done with out him! maybe one day lol
good luck everyone!

Go to: