Comments about the game

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Comments about the game

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 9, 13 11:34 PM
Sorry, but I am not in awe of the look of this game. I do not think the artwork is as spectacular as other games from Blue Tea. As someone else commented, it is quite fuzzy. I also have a shiny new wide screen Mac and this game disappoints. I also agree that the default presentation is dark, but making it brighter doesn't correct the clarity.

Blue Tea games are wonderful. Jam packed with things to do and carried along by good story lines. They generally take several hours to play. Sad to say, I don't want to stare at the artwork here for several hours.

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Nov 9, 13 11:56 PM
I have yet to play the game, but I'm really curious about it. I wish people would do more spoilers and tell us poor (I mean that literally) people what the storyline was and how it ended. That kind of thing never deters me, in fact, knowing a bit about the story might make me save up faster to get it! I'm just insatiably curious.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 10, 13 12:03 AM
I don't know WHAT Blue Tea Games were thinking when they decided that the Hint button had to refill (about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes in Casual mode) when you skip a puzzle. That's not evolving in my opinion, but going back to the days when you could only get timed HOGs. Very bad decision on their part.

And please STOP giving me a headache by adding these darn crow cries every 2 seconds in certain scenes. What's wrong with the devs? There is nothing FUN about having to listen to the crows all the time.

There, that's my comment for the day.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 10, 13 5:06 AM
Wow, I hadn't even noticed the crows. We've got so many where I live, I've learned to tune the noisy little maniacs out. Not to mention magpies and seagulls... it can sound like a bird party here sometimes.

As for the disabled hint button after skipping a puzzle, I've only had to skip two so far and I didn't need to use the hint button for anything immediately afterwards, so it wasn't a problem for me.

Slight spoiler:

The Crooked Man was engaged to a young woman that died and his grief was so great that he went a little mad. He somehow acquired magic, got a ring from a mysterious woman and the dead girl's cute little black cat can morph into a mildly creepy but still cute little person. He kidnaps young women to see if his beloved has somehow returned to him, puts the magic ring on her and so far, to his great disappointment, hasn't found that the love of his life has escaped the clutches of death to return to his side. Her ghost is seen haunting several locations, humming a very catchy little tune, and disappearing when you click on her. However, the young women he's kidnapped don't seem to meet a very pleasant fate when the ring is slipped on so even though he's drawn as a handsome man and his story is easy to sympathize with, he's still a bad guy. He's taken your sister and you're trying desperately to save her before the same fate happens to her... although she looks amazingly like the dead fiancee, so who knows?

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Nov 10, 13 9:17 AM
I did buy this game and I just finished. Pretty long game - Yeah. Beautiful game as well. I just really did not like it. My comments: better if there were a mix of HO scenes, not just all FROG, it seemed like I was just running around placing items and getting more items, and many puzzles of the same nature.

BlackDark
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by BlackDark on Nov 10, 13 12:03 PM
Fishes-

Valdy! I miss your Reviews, Amigo; I really do. And I agree with all that you’ve written. As for the Noise of the Crows: I once lived next to a Railroad Track. And whenever a friend would visit me, after a few minutes, they would yell—you had to yell to be heard—HOW CAN YOU STAND THE NOISE? And I would always look at my friend with a great frown, and say, “What noise?” It took me four days to become acclimatized to the incessant Train Whistles. I would imagine if I played this Game long enough, I’d no longer hear the cawing of those Crows. I was going to resolve the Cawing in my own clever way, and I remember I asked my Better Half if we had any Bird Shot for my twelve-gauge because I felt the Number Four Buck that I usually keep loaded to be a bit unsporting for simple Crows. She looked at me for a long moment before she stated, “You do realize you’ll have to buy a new Monitor, don’t you?” Darn! So, I gave up on my original plan, and I turned the volume down on my headphones. She did wake me up last night, saying I was cawing in my sleep.

As for the Lock on the Hint Meter if you Skip a Puzzle: BTG has done this since the very First Dark Parables Game. But if you locate a Morphing Object and your Hint meter is Locked, then the Morphing Object will unlock your Hint Meter. IMHO this was the original purpose of Morphing Objects.

I’ve always loved Games from those who like their Tea Blue; and I find the Graphics in this Game to be as I would expect on my Computer, which runs XP Pro. I find far more puzzles than I prefer and far less FROGS that I would like to have seen. Oh, well. I realize that there are those who absolutely love the number of Puzzles to be found in this Game.

As for Achievements, if you do not Skip any Puzzles—the Solutions are in the Strategy Guide—and you do not utilize Hints, then you should receive almost all of the Achievements. You do have to discover all of the Morphing Objects; but their Locations, too, are listed in the Strategy Guide.

As for the Story Line: The Title is “Cursery”, not “Nursery”; so, expect liberties to be taken with the Basic Story of the Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat.

Game length should run between four to six hours, not including the Bonus Game, depending upon how long you chose to stop and admire the Graphics throughout this Game.

All things considered, I recommend this Game. But then, I AM prejudiced in favor of BTG.

-BlackDark

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Nov 11, 13 8:27 AM
i thought this was a great game graphic wise, story wise..and happily bought it CE. My only issues are the puzzles. They were mostly of the same type, which are not my strength or joy. Just one ring-relationship game after another. It was over simplified and frustrating. Like the DEV CEO might have said, more puzzles more puzzles and just changed the pictures but repeated the basic game over and over.
otherwise, great game.
Kris

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 11, 13 11:31 AM
dear JulieJay:

what magnifying glass?

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 11, 13 1:51 PM
orphaned wrote:dear JulieJay:

what magnifying glass?

The one your cursor turns into when you think there's something to do/look at/click on.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 11, 13 2:27 PM
dear JulieJay:

man, never even noticed!!

thank you!!

DO need stronger glasses!!

the vanity of us seniors!! hmm.. maybe will not get as lost so often either!!

thought things just getting smaller!! ooops!

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Nov 13, 13 2:31 PM
Reading these comments are funny, I guess it's true, there's no pleasing everyone. I adore Blue Tea Games, Sleeping Beauty is my favorite, so I buy them immediately. Well, kinda disappointed with this one, not enough FROGS and too many puzzles. When I was reading the comments I read where some of their previous games had too many FROGS. (Impossible I say! Can never have too many, I like to figure out which is a part before I look at what I'm making. Odd I know) Anyway, I thank all of you for your comments and reviews. I miss Valdy too, but I appreciate all of you in these forums. But, next time, MORE Cowbells!

Comments about the game

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Nov 13, 13 3:42 PM
Poutoule wrote:Why do we get only rotten games lately ? I was expecting a lot from BTG and it's another disappointment.

Poor, approximate, graphics, story is OK but what ? Gave the demo all it's chances and went right to the end, was glad when it was over...

Despite all the sales I won't spend my money on stupid games.

I'm sorry, were we playing the same game?? This game was fabulous. I enjoyed every minute of it. Another winner for Blue Tea. I was, however, disappointed with the minigames in the bonus chapter or should I say minigame because it was mostly the same type of game over and over again.

Go to: