bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Use of the BS word in a game bit much Big Fish?

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 18, 13 8:48 AM
G'day,

Thank you for the feedback, we and the developers (as you've seen) really appreciate it.

I will be sure to share this with our management team for further consideration.

We're all a little different and I'll ask that we all keep this in mind should this discussion continue. After all, treating each other with respect is something that is pretty important to us here in the Forums.

bfgMurrumbidgee

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 18, 13 10:50 AM
Going to buy game just because they dared use bovine excrement. I'm old and the word is not new to me. In fact, I would use it to describe the complaints made because it was in the game.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 18, 13 11:42 AM
I definitely agree with MoreOver.

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Nov 18, 13 11:47 AM
This is one of the silliest things I've ever seen here. The clucking old biddies shoot and they score! And the crowd groans!

I bought the game. Keep up the good work, Puppet Life!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 18, 13 12:08 PM
Amen to MoreOver. That's a beautiful summation. And I hope I got mine BEFORE they expurgated it.

WHY do you believe that because you do not like the language that you have a RIGHT to demand it be taken out? MOST people will NOT object. It isn't marked to children, so why should it have to be G-rated? PG ought to be good enough, and that kind of language is definitely PG.

Personally, I think maybe a "language advisory: mild swearing" would be a good thing. Then all you with the virgin ears can avoid the game and play another ERS fairy story. Complete with dressup animals. A lot of us are right sick of saccharine.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Nov 18, 13 12:18 PM
Oh, come ON, people. I thought this was a joke, But obviously it wasnt.

There isnt anything in the language in Big Fish games that your kids doesnt already know - or will very soon.

And for all of you who uses kids and grandchildren as an excuse for your disgust and outrage - you shouldnt let kids play at all.

For one thing kids today suffers from obesity and diabetes due to lack of exercise. And secondly - some of these games are scaring even for me - with mecaniacal monsters, skeletons, horrible dolls and what not. Now THAT is damaging.

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Nov 18, 13 12:45 PM
They fixed it? When? I just d/l the demo today and it was all there.
And this "old biddie" as someone says, isn't that old. What happened to the moral compass? Oh yeah, it ran away with common courtesy. As I said, of course the kids know these words, sadly, but does that mean we should call it acceptable? Just a thought.
Also, I am playing these games, not with kids. *I* am not impress with the language. Why does that make me wrong?

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 12:47:45 PM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 1:02 PM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:They fixed it? When? I just d/l the demo today and it was all there.
And this "old biddie" as someone says, isn't that old. What happened to the moral compass? Oh yeah, it ran away with common courtesy. As I said, of course the kids know these words, sadly, but does that mean we should call it acceptable? Just a thought.
Also, I am playing these games, not with kids. *I* am not impress with the language. Why does that make me wrong?

I totally agree with Lordshandmaiden. I wasn't impressed with it either. I don't play games with kids either. I just don't like to spend my husband's hard earned money on games with bad language. I want to sit down and enjoy a NICE game, Like Lords said, why does that make us wrong if we don't want to be subject to it? And if you think 53 is old, think again.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Nov 18, 13 1:05 PM
The moral compass? HA HA HA HA HA - you just made my day

When I think about all the deadly serious problems this planet is facing, its nice to know there are people out there to take care of them. *giggle*

All of you, who made them change this game so it suited you - today you really did your bid for the morality of the world. Keep up the good work

No. sorry - everyone is entitled to there opinion. What I am opposed is the fact that the game gets changed because of something that in my country - Denmark - is just not a big deal. Why dont you just play something else???

Oh, and 53 is getting there - I am 48, I should know

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 1:12:51 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 18, 13 1:07 PM
Tempest in a teapot...

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 18, 13 1:43 PM
Badut wrote:The moral compass? HA HA HA HA HA - you just made my day

When I think about all the deadly serious problems this planet is facing, its nice to know there are people out there to take care of them. *giggle*

All of you, who made them change this game so it suited you - today you really did your bid for the morality of the world. Keep up the good work

No. sorry - everyone is entitled to there opinion. What I am opposed is the fact that the game gets changed because of something that in my country - Denmark - is just not a big deal. Why dont you just play something else???

Oh, and 53 is getting there - I am 48, I should know

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 18, 13 2:44 PM
G'day again,

The developers mentioned in the thread that they have adjusted the language in the game. As with all games this will go through some testing before being released to the site.

Update: The new version is on the site as we speak.

As the discussion has become a little more heated than it was earlier today, I am going to go ahead and lock the thread.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 3:06:32 PM PST

Go to: