Re:Hello from Puppet Life team

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 11:40 PM
@CiChDa, Valdy, geninfo4, ecko, snapnhiss, Sept24, kathey12

Such a bliss to hear your words, fishies ! You made our day.

Edited on 11/19/2013 at 12:02:31 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 13 11:42 PM
To CathyCatfish's comment: hear, hear.

--- --- ---

I have now finished the game, and really enjoyed it (despite having to travel around on foot). A tad too many HOS, I thought, but otherwise, great game.

I have made a couple of wrong choices in the game, but oh well... that's life.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 19, 13 12:00 AM
kathey12 wrote:Hello Puppet Life!

Loved your game!! After just a few seconds of the demo, I couldn't resist purchasing.

This game reminds me of City of Fools plus The Inquisitor. I thought the story was captivating from the start, and really enjoyed watching the cut scenes for the continuation of the storyline.

This game was a breath of fresh air!

I am eagerly awaiting your next release...especially after the ending of this game!

Kudos for an outstanding game with absolutely no glitches!!

Sincerely,
Kathey

Hi Kathey,

We are happy you enjoyed our game Can’t say for sure right now but we are considering how we can develop our ideas further.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 19, 13 12:11 AM
Valdy wrote:I am now repeating what I said in the now locked thread where some peeps complaint about BS, which I was completely oblivious about until it was mentioned here.

--- --- ---

Hello devs from Puppet Life...

Love your game. It's great fun, and very entertaining. I just wish we could have been able to use the map to jump to different locations.

I must admit that I didn't realise the BS word was used until I read it here. Just goes to show...

Keep up the good work. This game is not for the impatient ones who just want to fast-click their way through a game. You have to put your thinking cap on, and figure a few things out for yourself.

And I love the fact that I have to choose which way to go.

SPOILER ALERT I was doing the right things until I got to the werewolf. Felt sorry for the poor thing and let him go. Felt rather depressed after that, finding out I did the wrong thing. LOL END OF SPOILER ALERT

Love the game.

Valdy wrote:To CathyCatfish's comment: hear, hear.

--- --- ---

I have now finished the game, and really enjoyed it (despite having to travel around on foot). A tad too many HOS, I thought, but otherwise, great game.

I have made a couple of wrong choices in the game, but oh well... that's life.

Hello Valdy,

We greatly value your comprehensive feedback on our game . Thanks for playing and enjoying Grimville

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 19, 13 11:20 AM
Heya PuppetLife_Team,

Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread so it's easy for everyone to find.

Please just be sure to keep your posts on-topic, constructive and focused on game feedback and interaction with the developer.

Happy Gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 11/19/2013 at 11:22:38 AM PST

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Hello from Puppet Life team

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Nov 19, 13 6:48 PM
PuppetLife_Team wrote:Hi, fishies!

Puppet Life team wants to thank everyone for favorable and negative reviews on Grimville: The Gift of Darkness. Your constructive feedback helps us to learn and improve. At the same time your praises, explicit or implicit, and even neutral comments are very encouraging and stimulating.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game with us as well. In case you need some hints or any kind of help we will do our best to provide it.

Cheers,
Puppet Life team

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Nov 19, 13 6:51 PM
Thanks for a great game..I loved it....variety of puzzles..love the story..the ending kind of LOR..my precious..and open for a squeakle....this has been different from a lot of other games..like the drawn aspect..all in all really enjoyed it...

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 20, 13 4:37 AM
Hey Puppet Life Gang.
You seem like a wonderful and attentive group of people....so, I am encouraged to start a bit of a crusade.

Did you know that spiders and snakes are in the top ten phobias.....top three in many places?
We are not talking squeamishness and fear....We are talking not buying the game if the phobic finds out there are either in the game that cannot be skipped....and even then, some people wont buy.
I am only half a phobic, so I buy the game if it looks good, but I know there are folks here who are terribly frightened. Pulse pounding, serious sweats kind of phobia.

Maybe you can consider down playing some of the spider or snake scares for them?

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 21, 13 12:30 AM
tookat wrote:Hey Puppet Life Gang.
You seem like a wonderful and attentive group of people....so, I am encouraged to start a bit of a crusade.

Did you know that spiders and snakes are in the top ten phobias.....top three in many places?
We are not talking squeamishness and fear....We are talking not buying the game if the phobic finds out there are either in the game that cannot be skipped....and even then, some people wont buy.
I am only half a phobic, so I buy the game if it looks good, but I know there are folks here who are terribly frightened. Pulse pounding, serious sweats kind of phobia.

Maybe you can consider down playing some of the spider or snake scares for them?

Hey tookat,

You may have noticed that there are few spiders and snakes in Grimville. But, of course, we are listening to our players and we will consider the phobia issue when making our next games.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 24, 13 5:14 PM
PuppetLifeTeam

KUDOS! ...just did the demo which have to say I was a little uninspired by that 'star rating' on the front page of game...So came to tips pages, read and did the d/l, all went well, no tech issues...Have a load of HOG games (3 yrs & 500 games )... and lately have been on the 'do not want to play'...BUT...this game is a ...yes would have been nice for an interactive map...usually not into 'dancing thru game with a wore out tennis shoes' but this was way overlooked as game kept be 'glued' to the storyline and now going to BUY!

Reminds me of the game 'The Fool' which was intense brain work but finished with lots of 'wanting another game' similar to and this one fit the bill!

Thanks for dropping in to read what the 'gamers' have for feedback about their game...it says a lot about a team of developers that care ...so off to play!

Lets...

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Nov 27, 13 7:30 AM
PuppetLife_Team wrote:
tookat wrote:Hey Puppet Life Gang.

Hey tookat,

You may have noticed that there are few spiders and snakes in Grimville. But, of course, we are listening to our players and we will consider the phobia issue when making our next games.

Ahhhh, come on , really.
1) there are hundreds of phobias in the world. There are people who are afraid of clowns or dolls, rats or dark places. Do you really expect from game designers to take under consideration each and every phobia?
Then I suppose we will have games with very dull scenes.
And of course, what about all those people who LOVE snakes and all the other things and creatures others are afraid of?
and 2) I am not american and I do not know what is the BS word, but I can make a few guesses. I wonder, aren't you a little hypocr?tes? "Bad" words are heard around us all the time since the begining of time. Standards and morals change. Games will evolve as it happened to the movies and the television.Pupper Life guys were just pioneers.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Nov 27, 13 7:35 AM
I forgot to mention that I liked the game.
It surprised me for the very first moment and I liked that.
It doesnt happen to me often lately after sooooo many played games.
I will buy it

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jan 10, 14 9:41 AM
Hello Puppet Life team I just want to say I have been enjoying your game very much. It is fun & quirky and longer than I thought it would be. Nice job!

sunshinej

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Mar 15, 14 11:21 AM
Although I purchased your game when it 1st appeared on BFG, just started playing in March 2014. I am usually a hardcore long file adventure game player and must say this game is totally awesome. It is a breath of fresh air and starts off on what gamers would initially think is a serious tone and then launches off into comedy.
Ha! The Witch Hunter's wallet was lifted and he is stuck, penniless, in the train station having to resort to odd jobs just to get started on a dangerous mission.

The game is challenging and has a unique and good story which is, in my humble opinion, one of the most important aspects in developing not only a good game; but a great game. The Puppet Life team has combined the necessary gaming ingredients to make this a truly great game to be enjoyed by all ages. Thank you!

Go to: