Mosaics Galore

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Mosaics Galore

[Post New]by VTCT on Nov 25, 13 4:33 PM
I played it for a few minutes but no story between the puzzles, get's boring after a while & I would like a untimed mode too!!

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 26, 13 8:34 AM
Annatar, Thank you! I was trying to think of the game that's so similar to this one: It's Patchworkz! I agree, the timer is no problem, just an additional challenge for those who like them. I bought it with a pcc, got an extra punch to fill my card, and a free game! I'm still on the first section, so haven't encountered the need to qualify for the next. So far I like it a lot, and I'm the prototype of the pressure-hater!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Nov 27, 13 2:21 PM
Loved Patchworkz - and wanted to love this. I played through level 9, and am deleting it.

Not only a timer, as discussed a lot already, but you are penalized for mistakes. Bummer.

No buy

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Nov 28, 13 11:09 AM
Sometimes i play fast, furious and competitive games. Other times I like to play nice, comfy, relaxing games. This looks, feels and sounds like it should be the latter but it isn't. It's actually very punishing. Imho would have been better to let the game develop without so many penalties and then introduce a challenge mode.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Nov 28, 13 12:29 PM
I Love this game, if I want a challenge, I play with the timer, if I don't, I ignore it. Then later I go back and replay it if I feel like I want a chance to beat the clock. I will play the same one over and over until I get it. what fun!!
If you don't like the time part, just ignore it.
I love almost all of this companys games.
I have all the mahjong ones, except the last one, which didn't attract me for some reason.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 29, 13 4:21 PM
I've always loved these Mosaic games. They start out easy, and then sometimes get a bit challenging, especially to beat against the clock. I will be adding this game to my collection. I also enjoyed the instrumental music, which I found relaxing to listen to.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 2:05:21 PM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 5, 13 4:33 AM
Jorie10 wrote:Thanks for posting, Bribling. I won't even try it if there isn't an untimed mode.

I've only just bought this game and am sooo disappointed because I was enjoying it without worrying about the time limits. Imagine my dismay when I realised that to progress on to further chapters, I can't unlock them because I don't have enough points.

I am really fed up because I'm disabled and can't move my hands quickly enough to do the puzzles any faster. Feel I've wasted my money.

It was the same with another puzzle game recently Fill & Cross so that's two games I can't complete. With both of them, it was only after the 1 hour trial that I realised the problem.

[Post New]by maximus111 on Dec 8, 13 5:59 AM
I have thus far managed to get into 5 of the worlds but have as yet not been able to get enough keys to unlock the Magister, the last one. And who has enough coins to buy it open, I sure don't. I'm too busy spending them on hints while still trying to complete all that I yet haven't in a couple of the last levels.

I will though say that I'm slowly and surely getting through them. With luck I can play some of my return tries once only and complete it, others I have to play numerous times but my old arthritic hands are really starting to complain about it. Nonetheless I do enjoy the mental challenge.

Go to: