Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by galadriel1954 on Dec 25, 13 10:13 AM
WilJul wrote:
galadriel1954 wrote: …..The only problem I am having is that every time I get ready to finish the game, I still show two locations with things to do there -- Fabiano's stage and the ferris wheel car. I've put my cursor everywhere on those two pages and also used Isis everywhere. I used the walkthrough on this website so I could search for Fabiano and Isis. I found NOTHING I didn't already know was there. Can someone tell me if they, too, are having this problem or is it just me? Is there a glitch in the map that someone knows about or am I really, truly not finding something. I haven't even bothered to play the bonus game yet because I've been playing and replaying thinking I'm missing something here. Any BFG experts out there to help me out?
I had this issue as well. Others have said that there may be a pound note stuck in the cabinet doors at Fabiano's, but those doors were not accessible to me after doing everything else in the scene (and I believe I acquired that note). But those two locations, and I believe the ferris wheel car all continued to show tasks long after the scenes were completed and nothing was "clickable". So, no, not just you!

eta: spelling

Thank you, Wil Jul. You know, one of the times through I think there was a pound note in Fabiano's area in the part that is only accessible a short while (with the hammer), but I thought I got it, too. I'll go back and look through the pound guide. Also, I think one time I used Isis in the ferris wheel car area, but I think that's limited in time, too, but I did a search on Isis in the guide and didn't find anything for that area. So I could make sure if I go through the whole thing again, which I might because I really liked this game, I'll check extra thoroughly in those two areas and will post if I find anything.

When I first started playing this game, it was too hard for me... the HO's were difficult for me to see, but I have eye issues and this is precisely why I started playing MCF games many years ago -- started with the first one -- to give my eyes an opportunity to distinguish items that were difficult to perceive, but those items were a lot more readily visible than today's puzzles are. The super puzzles were REALLY challenging for me at first, but now that I've done them, they're easier, and I can finally do that darned magnet puzzle -- YAY! But I still have to think them through! So it is a fun challenge.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Dec 26, 13 2:15 AM
Loved it looking forward to what came out in secret room hope we do not have to wait to long

[Post New]by Oregon2009 on Jan 28, 14 10:40 PM
I cannot find the silver rose. I keep clicking the hint and it takes me to same area repeatedly but cannot find it. Help please.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 14 8:58 PM
Oregon2009 wrote:I cannot find the silver rose. I keep clicking the hint and it takes me to same area repeatedly but cannot find it. Help please.
Hi Oregon! Welcome to the forum! You need to arrange the picture of the lady on the wall before you can receive the silver rose.

[Post New]by yellowknit on Feb 13, 14 8:47 PM
hi, i am new at this, i was playing this game and the sound cut off on me, i uninstalled and installed again and still no sound, can you help? thank you

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 2, 14 11:37 PM
yellowknit wrote:hi, i am new at this, i was playing this game and the sound cut off on me, i uninstalled and installed again and still no sound, can you help? thank you
Hi yellow knit! I'm sorry no one responded to you! Welcome to the forum!! In case you never did get your issue figured out I thought I'd go ahead and respond.

Unfortunately I don't have any good suggestions for you, other than to contact tech support to see if they can help you out. To reach technical support go down to the bottom of this page and look for "Get Help>Customer Support", click on that. When you get to the next page, look in the column on the left, at the bottom, for "Still need help" and click on "Contact Us". It's always a good idea to include a Dr. Felix diagnostic with your report - instructions on how to do that are on the report page. Good luck!

[Post New]by Sarah0565 on Mar 18, 14 7:17 AM
hello can anyone help... Im trying to paint the ankh and have tried very combination of paints but nothing is happening just won't let me do it and it is very frustrating grrr

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 21, 14 3:31 AM
Sarah0565 wrote:hello can anyone help... Im trying to paint the ankh and have tried very combination of paints but nothing is happening just won't let me do it and it is very frustrating grrr

Hi Sarah0565! Welcome to the forum! I found this post for you, perhaps it will help!
ganonsbane wrote:This game is finicky. You have to do exactly what it wants. 1st you need 3 colors of paint & a paint brush. 2nd you have to squeeze all the tubes before you can pick up the brush. 3rd pick up the brush touch it to a color then touch it to the object. You have to use all 3 colors. The colors are pale on the object. Once you're finish you can pick up the object.

HTH

I also noticed it was difficult to tell that you had actually painted the ankh. Just touch the loaded paintbrush to the ankh with each paint color and it should be completed. There's also a thread devoted to this subject, "Painting Ankh at Terminal Point", you can check it out to see if it helps any, just copy and paste the URL below:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/265418.page

Edited on 03/21/2014 at 3:34:15 AM PST

[Post New]by deb1022 on Apr 24, 14 5:55 AM
Help can anyone tell me how to trace the Big Dipper in Madame Fates Van puzzle???
Thank you....
deb1022

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 20, 14 3:07 PM
deb1022 wrote:Help can anyone tell me how to trace the Big Dipper in Madame Fates Van puzzle???
Thank you....
deb1022

Deb, have you figured it out yet? I would be happy to help you if you haven't. It's in a few steps so I don't know where you are stuck if you're still stuck. It's been a few months.

Edited on 08/20/2014 at 3:16:38 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 20, 14 3:15 PM
Oh how I love this game!! It's probably the most difficult game I have ever played and one of the longest but wow!! I've gone through it three times now and gotten better each time. I can understand why MCF games are considered the best.

I do have a complaint about the super puzzle with the jigsaw puzzles. It's just too small. I'm actually quite good at jigsaw puzzles but I couldn't even see the pieces and they were so small I couldn't tell if I was being successful at switching them. So I had to skip the whole puzzle.

I've got all the bobble-headed dolls except for Emma - just can't seem to find that one. And I'm missing four cards still.

I think what I love most about this game are the comments made by the Master Detective - and the ending. I wish the player could have been given the opportunity to figure out what to do instead of having it automatically happen in a cut screen. It could have easily been done.

I wonder if I'm the only person who really is a bit afraid of clowns. I've always been this way.

Anyway, way to go BF!! This is a winner. Now please give us another winner this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

[Post New]by peanutlee33 on Feb 15, 15 8:43 AM
Well once again I am not happy with BF. I got stuck on that darned skeleton, unlocking the magnets that go to the refrigerator, in order to get the meat, etc. And it gave me only 3 magnets instead of all. I inquired at the forum 6 days ago, and have yet to receive an answer in order to finish the game.

Sucks

[Post New]by pisces3959 on Jul 24, 15 9:50 PM
Playing this game for the third time. It has to be the best game I've ever played. Those puzzles are hard, but that's OK..get the mind thinking.

Go to: