ratchet51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by ratchet51 on Nov 26, 13 1:24 PM
i am posting this here because i don't know if Bg Fish will look in the original madame fate forums anymore. but we need help with that. this is what i posted there:
i have a mac, just bought the madame fate original for it. i played it originally on a pc. wanted to enjoy it again before playing the new madame fate game. used a coupon and just bought it not thinking there would be a problem however, like others before me, to quote , "I just bought & downloaded Madame Fate, and as soon as I hit the "play now" button, I got a "boop" sound and 'thanks for playing"! I hit "play again" .. same thing". Please Big Fish, HELP!! wasted coupon, wasted time.and can't play one of the best games ever made!

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by leena61999 on Nov 26, 13 1:47 PM
I am having a problem with chapter 7: The Roller Coaster. I am trying to save Bianca, and I get the bomb almost completely diffused when the game stops responding. I cannot click anything or exit out of the bomb diffuser box. This happens every time after I switch the last two fuses. Please help as I can not move on in this game until this problem is resolved and I just paid a lot of money for it!

[Post New]by LadyJ280 on Nov 26, 13 2:25 PM
I am having the exact same problem as leena61999. Very frustrating. I have the PC version. Thanks for looking into this quickly so we can get back to the game!

[Post New]by lazydogblue1 on Nov 26, 13 2:26 PM
Fabulous game, easily on a par with previous MCF games such as 13th Skull, but marred only by a big, very big, stupid mistake on my part. I'm only posting this message on the million to one chance some tech savvy person can possibly help. I unplugged my laptop tonight after almost 3 hours of gameplay, thinking I had the battery inserted and , nooooooo.....laptop went dead. When I powered up again and clicked on Fate's Carnival there was an error message saying all progress had been lost and I will have to start over.

Completely my fault I know but I can't face starting from the beginning tonight. is there any hope of not having to start over again? I was doing so well playing under the 'monstrously tough' option and already had my awards building nicely. In an ideal world there would be a hidden file on my laptop with all my lovely progress saved....

wildgym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by wildgym on Nov 26, 13 2:45 PM
I'm having the same problem with neutralizing the bomb. It makes the "I solved it!" sound, but then freezes. SO frustrating, I just want to play!!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Nov 26, 13 2:53 PM
Anyone else have a game that "highjacks" your computer? The game played fine, no issues at all, but when the demo was over, all of my desktop icons had shifted all over the screen. Weird.

[Post New]by EZTAYLOR13 on Nov 26, 13 4:23 PM
Bought game (of course). It will not download, at all. Nothing. I've tried 4 times now. Anyone else having this issue?

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by detqueenie on Nov 26, 13 4:51 PM
Oh no! The game was running perfectly, but when I solved Bianca's puzzle (the same issue several people are having), the game just froze. I shut it down thru Task Manager, restarted the game, returned to that puzzle, and it froze up again, not letting me do anything. Help! ; )

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 4:57:26 PM PST

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Nov 26, 13 5:45 PM
Same issue here. Must be something technical. I'm sure they will find a fix.

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Nov 26, 13 6:05 PM
Hit the reset button and it will let you do the fuses again and it should work. Did for me.

[Post New]by jabbermonkey on Nov 26, 13 6:07 PM
I wanted to set the screensaver that was included in the collectors edition, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any hints?

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Nov 26, 13 6:14 PM
I am at the roller coaster and the HOS will not let me take the page of clues for the last object. This is frustrating. I click on the symbols but nothing happens because I need that page.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Nov 26, 13 6:18 PM
This is not about this game but I wondered if anyone else is having problems with your game manager or forum after upgrading to IE 11. I am. I had to use a different browser to be able to post to your forum.

wildgym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by wildgym on Nov 26, 13 7:57 PM
sherrilafkas wrote:Hit the reset button and it will let you do the fuses again and it should work. Did for me.

Thanks dear! I'm going to go try this now...

ETA : It worked! In more detail, what you do is... bring up the bomb again. Before you do anything else, press the reset button. NOW, switch the fuses and I got through it!

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 8:02:09 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:post your technical problems here!!

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 26, 13 8:11 PM
JustTheFacts wrote:I am in the same boat firekat. I had to reboot my pc to get the game manager back!

Anyone got a clue? It'll be hours before the mods get here...

Just wanted to say that lately, there are times when I too don't get the GM back up after I exit a game. With me it's with one of the FREE games which makes the GM close down before it opens. Most of the time, the GM comes back, but a couple of times it didn't. Once I was able to just click on the GM icon and it came back up, but twice I had to restart the computer for it to open again.

So, all you have to do is restart your computer. I don't know whether this is a glitch, but this only started to happen over the last few weeks.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 26, 13 8:37 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:This is not about this game but I wondered if anyone else is having problems with your game manager or forum after upgrading to IE 11. I am. I had to use a different browser to be able to post to your forum.

Hi bpurdum2,

I have been having major problems with IE 11 since the last update. A good 75% of sites I've gone to many times were suddenly no longer able to connect. I tried lots of things and finally went to the users forums on Microsoft. I guess IE 11 isn't working well for Windows 7 (funny how that happens even though they are from the same company). In the forums, the most successful suggestion for most people was to roll back to IE 10. I did this and it helped with my page connections problem. It didn't help with my Game Manager problem. Being as my Game Manager problem is just an inconvenience, I'm letting it go for now.

To roll back to IE 10:
Click start pearl in lower left corner.
Type Programs and Features in the search box at the bottom.
Click on Programs and Features in the Control Panel menu.
Click on View Installed Updates.
Scroll down to Microsoft Windows header.
Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 11.
Click on it and then click on Uninstall in the task bar at the top of the list.
It will roll you back Internet Explorer 10.
You will need to restart once uninstall is done in order for it to take effect.

Kathleen

ETA: Rebooted and this did get the Game Manager working again.

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 11:34:00 PM PST

[Post New]by pengwynner on Nov 26, 13 8:40 PM
Download time--are you serious? I know the servers are probably super busy with everyone trying to download this game, but I have Comcast high speed Internet, so 30 seconds per 1 MB of this game is ridiculous. At this point, it will take 4 hours to finish downloading the game. I had to pause and exit the Game Manager. Very disappointing as I wanted to play this tonight!

KAY21
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by KAY21 on Nov 26, 13 9:40 PM
EZTAYLOR13 wrote:Bought game (of course). It will not download, at all. Nothing. I've tried 4 times now. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm trying to download the demo version. Nothing happens. I get the box at the bottom of the screen asking if I want to run or save, I click run, and that's it. It won't start downloading and I've tried at least a dozen times. I shut down my computer and rebooted and still nothing. Any ideas? I'd love to see if it will run properly before I buy it.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Her

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Nov 26, 13 9:58 PM
While playing the demo, the game shut off, maybe because my 60 mins was up. The game manager shut down too. I couldn't get the game manager to respond to reopen. I restarted my computer, and now I am able to open the game manager. However, I can't open the game. It is saying I have 60 mins to play, but I know I don't. I uninstalled the game, and re-installed it, and it still says I have 60 mins to play, but I can't open the game at all. I'm afraid to purchase it, and have the same problem.

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 10:03:03 PM PST

[Post New]by NospmothR on Nov 26, 13 11:38 PM
I am also having the issue where the game locks up after diffusing the bomb attached to Bianca. I have to do an alt F4 to get out of the game.

Go to: