OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Some advice for newer players. Things I wish I knew back when....

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 10, 14 5:18 AM
We have some new players out there so am bumping this up and will add a cross reference to some very helpful past threads so they don't get lost in the mess of the forum.

Keep in mind as of May 2014 the game is still being developed and all areas are not open, you will see "coming soon" on a few different things...

It is not unusual not to get a daily quest and sometimes the drought of quests can go on for several levels......

If you have something odd happen (or most likely not happen) the first thing to do it is delete the ART game from your Big Fish game manager and then reinstall it. This often will clear up glitches. You will not lose your game or progress by doing this.

IF this does not work- look for the Customer Service link at the bottom on this page right under the Twitter logo. I have been told they can be very helpful with problems.

Please browse through the threads to see if a question has already been asked. By adding a reply (your question on the topic) to a thread it brings it to the top of the list and the discussion can be continued. We have quite a tangled mess out there because people don't look at the old threads or bother to read them. All the topics are not timely now but there is a wealth of information already available... Happy Gaming, Oddly

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 6:11:49 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 10, 14 6:10 AM
Some of the pages that older threads with good information in them, this section will be about earning gold and coin from playing the game itself.

Discussions about earning gold and coins

Any tips on earning gold:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259878.page

Best way to earn gold:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263318.page

Completing Achievements
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/276183.page

(earning coins) Rewards in Tailor Shop also talks about keepsakes use:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/276787.page

And the holy trinity of ART Energy/money/food

Energy - Food - Gold - Coins How to get the most out of it
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/272395.page

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 1:33:50 PM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on May 10, 14 7:01 AM
Thank you Oddly, for bumping this up!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 10, 14 8:50 AM
Discussions about energy level:

What does the lightning bolt represent?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259704.page

571:05:14 Alot of gameplay hours! specifically about how the energy replenishes
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/264549.page

Energy question
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/274764.page

Increasing maximum energyhttp://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262062.page

Level Cap & Max Energy bar?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262771.page

Just curious...
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/265511.page

More and more experience and energy needed!!!
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/271515.page#5623223

How to get your energy level to replenish more quickly

Purchasing the trucks (also gets off topic but end is good about keepsake use)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/276674.page

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 11, 14 4:51 AM
LXC has already put in the topic of when to expect the items to start dropping from the HO scenes on page one of this thread.

Note: previous threads about not always getting a collectible from a mini-game, retaining those, and no collectibles at Theodi's Tailor shop is no longer true, with updates both have been resolved.

Discussions about collectibles

Collectibles - Where to find 'em! http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259109.page

On this one, I would suggest starting at last page and working way back, it is becoming very cluttered with the same information being posted over and over rather than being edited on the original post or deleted completely.

Quick reference list, can be saved to favorite's bar so all that needs done is to toggle to Windows.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1laNqG2gFMiAwFRFfEABfy6nD_XVz5ZNAIL2K1ClJAVQ/pubhtml

Collectibles: FWIW
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277398.page

Because ART is still being developed some of the threads about the mini-games and collectibles before April 10, 2014 are no longer the case and should be disregarded.

For a Google based spread sheet of collectibles and collections please do a Google search of PinkRollsRoyceGames Pink has a link to the spread sheet listed under the ART links. Also later quest series have screen prints and step by step instructions.

There are also lists of collectibles found at Collectibles - Where to find 'em!
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/259109.page

Look for the ones dated March 2014 by LorrettaGSP, about page 10, those lists were all double checked and are still correct a year later with the exception of Ben's Justice being in Arizona. They removed that piece but did not change the quest. All other lists have never been corrected and could contain the wrong information.

Edited on 05/09/2015 at 5:09:34 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 11, 14 9:30 AM
Thanks Oddly for bumping this up and adding the new information. You're great!!
I agree about the need to look back through old threads to see if your problem has already been dealt with, before starting a new thread,( which means that we then have to repeat all the old answers all over again ) - but I also recognise that there are limits to how far back anyone can be expected to search..... There is an awful lot on this Forum now!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 11, 14 11:11 AM
wulfruna wrote:Thanks Oddly for bumping this up and adding the new information. You're great!!
... but I also recognise that there are limits to how far back anyone can be expected to search..... There is an awful lot on this Forum now!

I try to be helpful. I agree there is a lot to read now (mostly because of duplicate threads and some titles that do not twig on to the true nature of inquiry) but I have read every single one of them and I bet you have too. <w>

Sometimes when I revisit the older threads, there was a fine point that someone made that when I was relatively new to the game just did not get and I think this is where this thread is helpful with the cumulative highlights of key points that many players have made in the last seven months since the creation of ART AD.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 14, 14 9:16 AM
Bumping back to the top. Great information here!

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jun 25, 14 2:41 PM
I apologize if I am repeating something posted elsewhere but I have a trick I use to level up faster in this game. I get the keepsake that doubles experience points for 30 minutes and then I play the firehouse scene over and over. You get 5000 experience points every time you play it that way. I started in May and I am at level 64. This trick has helped me level up much faster. Thank you to the people who posted all kinds of great tips on this thread and forum. When I first started I read this thread a few times and it helped so much!!!!!

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jun 28, 14 12:27 AM
bump

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 1, 14 10:17 PM
ENERGY: XP RATIOS

If you are budgeting really tightly and need to know what XP you will get for the energy in a city, please look at the list given middle of page 1 of this thread. The ratio works for all HOS levels. I have found that the energy ratios drop a little when the mini-scenes are added, so I have adjusted this in my own chart.

At Master levels, let's say you need 2100 XP to go up a level and you have 460 energy left to use. If you go to WVa and spend 245 for one HOS you will get 2500 XP but you will "waste" 215 energy because it is not kept when you level up, it disappears.

If you were to play Guo Antiques 3 times for 154 energy(462 total) you would receive 740 on the average each time - gaining the 2100+ you need for the level, but also gaining 3X the collectibles and not sending any energy into the abyss.

I always take the amount of XP I need to earn and divide it by my energy I have left. If it's between 3 and 10, I can level up just by playing the HOS that fit that ratio according to this chart. If it's under 3, I will be wasting energy and nothing I can do about it. If it's over 10, I will have to play a few mini-games to add the energy I can't get from the HOS or use a 10%, 25%, 50% or 2X keepsake to get that ratio up there.

This is one thing that has been constant in this game from Day 1.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 1, 14 11:59 PM
I have used that list many, many times when I was working on levelling up, it has been very useful to me.

I want to add a little trick for when you do have energy left before levelling up.
When you come back to the main screen from playing a city or mini-game, click the Map icon BEFORE your experience points are added. You can then play 1 more city with the energy that would otherwise go to waste.
This works because the experience points are not added immediately, only after several seconds or when you move your mouse over the little icon.
It only works once for each level, because the level up will have been confirmed already when coming back to the main screen after playing that last city.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 4, 14 10:37 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:I have used that list many, many times when I was working on levelling up, it has been very useful to me.

I want to add a little trick for when you do have energy left before levelling up.
When you come back to the main screen from playing a city or mini-game, click the Map icon BEFORE your experience points are added. You can then play 1 more city with the energy that would otherwise go to waste.
This works because the experience points are not added immediately, only after several seconds or when you move your mouse over the little icon.
It only works once for each level, because the level up will have been confirmed already when coming back to the main screen after playing that last city.

I did this today using the energy amount I had left for two visits to WVa on a Double XP Keepsake. I was set to receive 5,000 XP points but only needed about 2,000. So I played the HOS once and accepted the rewards which normally would have take me about 3,000 into the next level. When I was back on the main screen, I selected the map as soon as I saw it, went to WVa for the second time, used the last 245 energy I had and played it through to get another 5,000 XP, plus all the other coins, resources and collectibles.

When I leveled up, I had gone almost 8,000 XP onto the next level. Wow, what a bonus!

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jul 5, 14 2:23 PM
Just bumping this up for anyone new . I've referred to it many times!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 6, 14 6:35 AM
While I thought this was true just because of the source of the tip but also thought I had noticed it myself before, I can confirm 100% this does work:

Re:Auction Problems
by sabake on Jun 29, 14 9:52 AM

I have noticed, that if you have sold or bought an item, but the message and/or item/coins never arrived, then go to the auction and make a search with that item name. After that, the auction "wakes up" and "finds" your deal, sends the message and awards you with item/coins.

I'm talking of typing in the name of the item in the Search of the Auction window, not using the "find Auction" button in "Collection" window. The latter might also help, I've not tried out yet.

In fact, making a search for random items (because a friend has asked to help out) I've been given coins or items from auctions several months ago, that I had already counted as a loss.

Edit- also you can start to bid on an item (short of actually doing it) this seems to unclog the pipeline too.

Edited on 03/04/2015 at 8:02:33 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 19, 14 6:41 AM
Something that never occurred to me before MrssFox posted it. If there is a thread you want to refer back to - save it in your favorites. Sure saves sorting through the myriad of threads.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Aug 11, 14 1:36 AM
This is probably something most people already know, but thought I would share just in case.

In regards to purchasing collectibles: in general most players don't spend Gold to obtain a collectible; however I'm sure I am not the only player who, having played long enough to have acquired quite a bit of gold, sometimes simply gets rather tired of playing the same mini-games over and over in order to complete a quest.

For example, there are many quests that require on to complete a collection multiple times. In order to do so, one generally has to either play high level mini-games multiple times, purchase the items at auction, or has the in-game option to purchase the item for 6-10 gold bars.

I completely and totally suck at the Butterfly mini-game. I don't know why but my brain simply cannot do it; however I want to acquire the collectible it provides. The gold-saving trick here is to enter the game and complete one match at which point the collectible will drop. You can then skip the rest of the game for the price of two gold bars. (I'm not sure you even have to play at all, someone else may know).

So, for example, I needed seven items for particular quest for which the reward was 100 gold bars. In order to obtain the item I would have to play the Butterfly level 18 seven times. I could have done that and driven myself insane. I could have spent a fortune in coins because of the stupid auction scalping, or I could have purchased the item for 10 gold each, costing 70 gold bars. Instead, I skipped the game seven times for a cost of 14 gold bars and was rewarded 100 for completing the quest.

Just throwing that out there in case it helps anyone.

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Aug 11, 14 4:39 AM
JB4510 wrote:I completely and totally suck at the Butterfly mini-game. I don't know why but my brain simply cannot do it; however I want to acquire the collectible it provides. The gold-saving trick here is to enter the game and complete one match at which point the collectible will drop. You can then skip the rest of the game for the price of two gold bars. (I'm not sure you even have to play at all, someone else may know).
It can be the individual trait how you eyes see or how your brain works - for instance, for me the butterflies' game is very easy, but then I tend to notice high details and patterns everywhere IRL anyway.
It might be even something as simple as the monitor color/brightness/contrast etc settings that are not favorable for these games. Many complain about the butterfly (and pebbles/beans) minigame.
Before spending your hard-earned gold on the butterfly game, I'd suggest to try following: first, use the cat/dog/pingu: as a hint it removes half of the butterflies from that round. Second, if it's still too confusing, you can click on any butterfly, and if it's not correct, you are given a new selection - still halved for that round. There's no peanalty, you can click as many times as it takes - and it seems to me that repeating combinations become a bit easier (not sure). Then when one round will finally match, you just have to wait until the hint energy is regenerated, and repeat everything on next round. It takes a bit time though, so it's not for impatient individuals.
Hope it helps someone.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 9:18:33 AM PST

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Aug 11, 14 3:39 PM
sabake--that's true about it getting easier if you click on the wrong thing. Occasionally I have had to do that in Phil's stamp mini game. Not often, but the times I have it has really helped .

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 13, 14 5:42 AM
As I am playing through a new second game it occurs to me that a couple items need to be added here.

1) Items in the antique shop that are sold for gold will convert to coin. To see what it takes for the conversion click on the item ONCE - if you do more than once you will buy it for gold. Clicking once on the item that is locked in Mini-games will also tell you what is needed to unlock it.

2) Collectibles start dropping sooner if you buy your ledgers as they come up in the quests.
• Quest 2 is bronze ledger
• Quest 88 Silver ledger- converted from gold to coin after when you complete one bronze collection
• Quest 185 Gold ledger - gold to coin completing 18 bronze collections and 5 silver collections (this is the one that seems most critical for item drop)
•Quest 244 Platinum ledger conversion at collection of any 8 gold collections.

You can buy the ledgers before the quests for them and you will get credit when the quest rolls around.

3) Get your storage house/museum in Dinhammer Alley upgraded so that you can start receiving keys.
Level / reward
15-- Building supplies, Lumber, Paint, Brick
20-- Other resources i.e. Butterfly nets,
30-- Food -orange sherbert for 200 energy points or steamed scallops for 100 points
50-- Keepsakes seems to be mostly Rose Colored Glasses and Cat Eye Ring.

Do not forget to collect your reward and hit request again

4) Work on your achievement list - found at the top of the right margin - selling and buying auction items, accumulation of friends, buying food and keepsakes, etc. Hoard your gold you get as rewards because there will be items that come up in quests that can only be bought for gold (course, this is only applicable if you are trying to play the Free to Play game for free - silly rabbit!)

5) Do not endure the torture that the daily quest for an auction item can be - get an auction buddy who will do even swaps with you. You can post your code in
Social codes http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/258077.page#5536048
and put in your time zone and times you are online and ask for someone matching to respond. Or just pay attention if you are getting keys while online from someone on your friend's list and message them with request.

Edited on 03/04/2015 at 8:15:46 PM PST

Go to: