Re:NEW and improved - List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc.)

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Nov 29, 13 8:23 PM
This really needs to be seen by everyone. Great tips to improve your scores!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:NEW and improved - List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc.)

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 1, 13 2:19 PM
Hello All,

Just popping in to sticky the thread.

Thanks so much for putting this together Elinu!

bfgDeveron

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Dec 1, 13 4:09 PM
Hi, BFGDeveron!

Thanks for stickying (if there is such a word) the thread. I also replied to the "See New/Improved Groupings" thread, in an effort to call more attention to it.

Hope it works -- this thread has been enormously helpful to a lot of us here, and it needs to be exactly where it is!

LaReinaGitana

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Dec 4, 13 8:38 PM
Thanks for the sticky!

Daphne girl pointed out I had missed copying 11.3 and 11.4, and LadySparkle55 found the third group in soggy bottoms - critters and former critters.

Please continue to either post or pm me with corrections and updates - thanks!

PS - The third group for gator wrasslin' has yet to be found. I have a feeling it's going to be something obscure, like "yard sale items" or "items that spark in the microwave" - something that comes up with simple dumb luck, rather than a systematic search.

Nevertheless, if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters ... You know the story. Someone is bound to run across the magic combination by accident, and I hope they will post here when they do!

In the meantime, if you want to help, I could use totals on the number of items in each subgroup. I think it is helpful to people to know what the largest bonus group in any given scene is, so they can go for the highest bonuses.

Edited on 04/25/2014 at 7:16:55 PM PST

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Dec 6, 13 1:10 PM
Elinu - Just wanted to reach out regarding your hard work on the bonus groupings threads. As you can see, I have few posts, however, I appreciate your work and wanted to say thanks!

I did have a question but didn't want to start a new thread and don't know if you or anyone else reading this may know the answer--how can a player get better than a perfect score in the Miss 3 mode of Dark Manor scenes? I have seen other players with higher than perfect scores and can't understand how it's possible.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Dec 7, 13 7:51 PM
pcpat923, I asked the question for you (sort of) in the thread call Tired of the ticker. If you look at page 2 of that thread your question "may" get answered...

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 8, 14 11:51 AM
Please include the first group I just found in 12.3: Items below the trike tire. Thanks!

tinydancer112
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by tinydancer112 on Jan 8, 14 12:07 PM
12.4 animals

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Jan 8, 14 12:16 PM
Also found in 12.3:

Items made with metal
Items on a shelf

Edited on 01/11/2014 at 7:41:02 AM PST

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Jan 8, 14 12:43 PM
Items touching sand castle
Animals
Items NOT Touching Sand

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 4:16:22 PM PST

tinydancer112
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by tinydancer112 on Jan 9, 14 5:53 PM
12.4 - made with metal
12.4 - animals (mentioned above)

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jan 9, 14 6:47 PM
Thanks for the messages! I am still not up to playing much, so I will depend on you all for a bit to help fill out the lists.

What is the title of chapter 12.4 ?

Also, if anyone wants to give the number of items in each group, I will post.

Edited on 01/09/2014 at 7:01:27 PM PST

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Jan 10, 14 3:20 AM
Hi Elinu, 12.4 is called Tickle the Jazz Bone.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 10, 14 9:39 AM
Has anyone found a third group in 12.4?

Fric87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fric87 on Jan 10, 14 12:37 PM
Elinu,

Thank you so much for all the effort that you have put into this. It adds a new and fun dimension to the scenes, and has definitely improved my scores.

Cropwell Manor

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 10, 14 6:20 PM
There are AT LEAST 11 animals in 12.4.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 11, 14 9:30 AM
GilGalad2 wrote:Did a count from a screen shot, there are 14 animals and 14 made with metal in 12.4, I have a list of the items if you need it!

I have not found a third category for this scene!

I would very much like to have the list for both categories! Particularly the metals, I'm not sure whether certain items qualify, eg the antique telephone, clarinet, and a couple of others I don't remember now- and do they have to be purely metal or mixed (pulley, scythe, crown etc).

In fact, it would be nice to have the lists for all chapters! I don't have any of them at the moment but could try- if the others agree we can share the scenes or something.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 11, 14 11:51 AM
GilGalad2 wrote:Hi eli173, I will PM you, just in case it is considered a spoiler! Oops and just discovered a 15th made with metal! The padlock!

Great!!! Are you sure the scythe isn't in? It would be the same as the axe and the spear.

redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by redsapple on Jan 11, 14 1:01 PM
Thanks Elinu. I've been trying to reach my million bonus. This will help a lot. Appreciate the time it took to put those lists together. My manor name is 'All About Eve Place'.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:NEW and improved - List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 11, 14 2:40 PM
GilGalad2 wrote:I missed that one too! That makes 16!

Magnet, ship, pocket watch, binoculars, glasses?

Well, turns out that it's not so easy to compile these lists. So far I've played all chapters on a hit or miss basis, but now that I'm trying to organize a bit I either don't get the blitz (thanks to the good old ticker, most of the times) or forget the items in question before getting the chance to write them down !

Edited on 01/12/2014 at 5:09:13 AM PST

Go to: