susangames
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Technical Problems for Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition

[Post New]by susangames on Nov 29, 13 4:23 AM
Thought I would try the Demo and I all I get is the same blue box and no game. Deleted. Hope they find out whats wrong with this game. Too many with the same problem. I am running Win 7, and am fully updated. BF, get busy and fix this please.

Re:Technical Problems for Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition

[Post New]by thelemons on Nov 29, 13 9:17 AM
I Thought now that I saw people posting for help that it might work. I redownloaded the demo but it does not work still. I get the blue box again and now it has run down the timer to 44 minutes and I have YET to play the game! I am running Windows 7.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Nov 29, 13 11:19 AM
I too had hoped that this game would be fixed. I uninstalled and re-downloaded it and it still gives me the blue window and nothing else.

I'm running Windows 7 too.

Where are the tech folks????

quarters94
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by quarters94 on Nov 29, 13 11:35 AM
I am having the same problem- blue screen and the demo time is running out!! Not my computer's problem as everything is up to date and the other games work fine. I hope they get this fixed soon!!

nabee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by nabee on Nov 29, 13 12:30 PM
Same Here, Is this Thanksgiving joke or something? Little blue box and nothing happen. R u guys gonna fix it or just listening problem? Do something Please.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 29, 13 1:25 PM
Blue box here, too. And it's not my PC with Win8 since everything is top notch on it and new.

So what gives BFG? You going to fix it or ignore us?

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 29, 13 1:48 PM
I have Windows 7 I wonder if other people with this problem have Windows 7 ?? Really disappointed as I bought the last campgrounds I really love this genre of game Come on Developers get your finger out and sort a patch out or something !!

Edited on 11/29/2013 at 1:50:11 PM PST

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Nov 29, 13 7:12 PM
I'm getting the same problem...little blue box but no game!

Cybele_uk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Cybele_uk on Nov 29, 13 9:18 PM
It worked fine for me for several levels including the entire demo. Then in the middle of a level, it froze. I couldn't do anything not even cntrl-alt-del. I had to hard reboot my computer. Afterwards, every time I try to load the game, I only get to the blue screen. Not the blue screen of death. It is like it is trying to load the game but can't complete the process. I checked my processes to make sure it wasn't still running the game somewhere. It wasn't.

Also, strangely, after the game froze and I had to hard reboot, my computer's clock had changed to Jan 1 2008.

I reset the clock, uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game, but still just getting to the blue screen.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Nov 30, 13 2:08 AM
Well here we are 2 days after release and still nothing from the developers I am also running Windows 7 so it is definitely related. Can the admins not read our pleas and ask the developers to sort out a patch I really want to play this game we have few enough of these great TM builder games as it is !!

[Post New]by midnight381angel on Nov 30, 13 6:12 AM
I am having the same issues with the game as everyone else seems to be having, just a small box appearing, nothing else happening. I am running Windows 8, I have tried uninstalling and downloading again it is not working. All my other games from Big Fish are running perfectly fine, including the first version of Campgrounds.

[Post New]by ivettevera on Nov 30, 13 8:12 AM
I have that same problem with the blue screen when I start the game I re-downloaded the game and all but still have not been able to play the demo I am afraid that if I buy it without playing the demo it is still gonna do the same thing though.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 8:13:39 AM PST

[Post New]by lornamarie on Nov 30, 13 8:45 AM
would love to play this game only it won't work

[Post New]by sharonkey on Nov 30, 13 9:34 AM
I cannot play this game either, same problem. We need the game maker to correct the problem and release a corrected game for everyone who purchased.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 30, 13 10:19 AM
I'm not having the blue screen issue. In fact the game runs fine on my laptop (HP Pavilion G7000 series running Windows 7). However, there is another bug in the game. When I use the shaman's 'speed up' potion, the workers don't always work faster. They sometimes run on the spot, particularly if they are on their way to or from a work location and have encountered a road junction. It's like the problem people have encountered with Save the Prince, but this time I know the trigger and the workers behave again once the 'speed up' bonus has expired.

This wasn't much of an issue in Untimed mode. I just ignored the 'speed up' bonus as much as possible (sometimes got it by accident). In Timed mode, ignoring this bonus is not an option as some levels are impossible without it.

[Post New]by hineycream on Nov 30, 13 2:47 PM
BLUE SCREEN TOO!!!!!

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Nov 30, 13 7:14 PM
I too am having the same blue screen issue. I contacted CS and I'm hoping they can provide an update as for a patch. Otherwise, I want my money back.

*UPDATE* -- 'POTENTIAL FIX'.

I found a way to get it to run. Go into the games folder that it is installed in. Change your 'folder view' settings to 'show hidden files'. You will see a little icon with the text: "Campgrounds_The EndorusExpeditionCE.exe" (w/out quotation marks), right click on that file and select 'run as administrator' and then create a shortcut on the desktop. It SHOULD run okay now.

I hope this works for others. Please post an update if it does.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 7:23:24 PM PST

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Dec 1, 13 2:09 AM
Ziggy_Zigster wrote:I too am having the same blue screen issue. I contacted CS and I'm hoping they can provide an update as for a patch. Otherwise, I want my money back.

I found a way to get it to run. Go into the games folder that it is installed in. Change your 'folder view' settings to 'show hidden files'. You will see a little icon with the text: "Campgrounds_The EndorusExpeditionCE.exe" (w/out quotation marks), right click on that file and select 'run as administrator' and then create a shortcut on the desktop. It SHOULD run okay now.

Hi
Thanks for posting this I tried it but I don't think I am as much as a wiz with computers as you and I did eventually find the hidden files but when I clicked on it nothing happened and I didn't see campgrounds. I guess I will just wait for a patch if they decide to do one, thing is games come out everyday so soon people will stop looking to see if there is a patch and just go on to other games, just a hint to the developers.

[Post New]by Vampyrlady2264 on Dec 1, 13 2:09 AM
Ziggy_Zigster wrote:I too am having the same blue screen issue. I contacted CS and I'm hoping they can provide an update as for a patch. Otherwise, I want my money back.

Thank you , now its running

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Dec 1, 13 2:27 AM
@Gill_Dudley - I would right-click on the icon I mentioned and 'uncheck' the 'hidden' option and select 'run as administrator' (If you have Vista or above), then I would try to launch the game. I wish this forum allowed posting of screenshots cause it would be much easier to explain it.

It appears to be an issue with the BFG client, you cannot run the game from it, you have to run it as a completely separate process - I would suggest the developers fix this, as selling a game on BigFish that you cannot run with their own client seems a bit absurd to me.

@Vampyrlady2264 - Glad it worked for you. ) Hopefully it will for others as well.

Go to: