Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Comments for Death at Cape Porto

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 13 12:28 AM
The name Mads Mikkelsen didn't mean anything to me. Had to search the name, and urghhh.... now I know who it is. And nope... not my type at all.

--- --- ---

Regarding "adult theme"... don't know what peeps here think an adult theme is, but to me it means: sex, violence, and/or nudity - those things are usually the words added to the DVD box when they talk about "adult theme". Is that what I can expect from this game? LOL

--- --- ---

I like assignments such as baking a cake or bread or anything to do with food and kitchen.

I love cute and fluffy animals - either encountering them on the way or having them as companions and/or helpers.
I love dark games too, but I also enjoy those "fairy tale" type of games. Variety is the spice of life, they say.

--- --- ---

The one thing I never liked about BoomZap games are their puzzles. I am not a puzzle-solving person (prefer mini games), and just don't care for them on the whole.

Edited to change an L into a K.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 12:50:15 AM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 1, 13 12:41 AM
.... a thoroughly enjoyable game!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 1, 13 8:47 AM
I agree with orphaned.

This is a very enjoyable adventure that had me interested from the beginning. There are few hos and the puzzles/mini games are fun. The scenery is beautiful. Some of the scenes remind me of my days spent in Europe and brought back memories so had to buy this game.

ETA: Now that I have been playing for a while, I can say that this game has a nice blend of different types of Hos such as silhouettes, find 20 of something, open one thing to get another and pictures of items instead of names. The variety kept me from getting bored with the hos. Mini games are fun and different.

Edited on 12/02/2013 at 12:52:38 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 1, 13 10:18 AM
I guess if you like Dana Knightstone games and you and have played the other games you will find this one to your liking. Me personally I'm not fond of them. So don't think it will be a buy for me.. Give this 3 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 10:19:00 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 1, 13 12:57 PM
Spent a couple of days taking my time with the game. I'm with Valdy, don't care for puzzles, more especially the slider boxes with arrows which my computer took exception to. Otherwise I really enjoyed the game.

Did anyone notice that in the Epilogue the newspaper on the coffee table (the one with the magnet and hammer on it) after you remove the items the newspaper is written in what I took to be Russian? I thought we were in Portugal? LOL just thought it was funny but then maybe I'm just strange because I see quirks in the games.

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Dec 1, 13 2:50 PM
Newspaper: There is always a newspaper called "gazeta" (russian name for np). I think, it's some sort of hidden signature.

I loved the game!!! It was long enough (6 chapters + bonus = for me 4 hours). Beautiful areas, nice colors, and the "novel" very interesting. I'm waiting for the next one!

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Dec 2, 13 8:48 AM
Thanks DD. I got some catching up to do. I just played a demo of one of the games and hooked, I do tend to like to play in order so thanks for that.

re: cathiecaffey, this is nr 4 in the series. The others were:
Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel
Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel
Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Dec 2, 13 10:47 AM
Valdy,

I 'think' the adult themes is referring to the alcohol consumption? One of the main characters is holding what I believe is a snifter of brandy?

As for the Mads Mikkelsen resemblance, I saw it too, but if you look closer it is just the mouth!

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Dec 2, 13 10:44 PM
Awesome! So glad someone else noticed. The character is definitely a dead ringer for Mads Mikkelsen. Couldn't believe my eyes! I wonder if he knows Sooooo hot!!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 3, 13 6:14 AM
Hi all, I had to laugh about the term "adult theme" - no, there's no skanky stuff, I just meant no fairy tales or talking animals. No Fifty Shades stuff! I'm not that kind of girl!

I will buy the more imaginative, fairy tale games occasionally to play with my grandchildren, but my preference is simply games with more challenging puzzles that I have to work harder at. I gave up the demo for this one simply because it had no challenge at all and in my opinion wasn't up to the previous 3 Dana Knightstone games. The storyline was interesting and engaging but there was nothing new. I'll come back to it if I have some credits and nothing else to spend them on, just to complete the set.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 3, 13 6:41 PM
I am enjoying the game, although not quite as much as the first three. I think the first was the best. However, whoever came up with the untangle the leaves/vines puzzle needs a clue. I finally had to skip it because I couldn't see what I was doing with all that green on green. Maybe it's my eyes, or maybe it's my computer, but I was going cross-eyed, and I love those untangle puzzles! It does seem quite short, but I'm glad I purchased it. I want to see what happens!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 6, 13 8:18 AM
Ok, the mysterious hotelier definitely looks like Mads Mikkelsen! (A Danish actor, mostly well known to the European cinephile audience so far). And what a charming man he is indeed! A great actor as well!

About the game now. As much as I like "Dana Knightstone" games, I found this one disappointing. It had some nice moments but overall it was nerveless, dull and so, so short! Especially the bonus chapter. If you are really interested in it, follow my advice if you care and wait for the SE to be released.

On this occasion I'd like to say thank you to Boomzap for listening to us and made it possible to access the SG without having to click on the menu tab first while playing the game. I think it was this way with the latest "Otherworld" release too.

So, thank you for that developers and hopefully the next "Dana Kingstone" game, if you have in mind to continue the series, will be much more interesting than this one.

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 9:00:51 AM PST

Go to: