Improvement ideas

Re:Improvement ideas

[Post New]by Leesfloyd on May 24, 14 7:03 PM
Deleted game, made it to level 40 but sick and tired of losing bucks by accidentally clearing counters or speeding up dishes! Lost all of my 80 some bucks cause I was checking an amount on a level up demand, it wasn't even a daily demand I was working on.They need 2include an are you sure you want to clear or speed up option. It's so easy 2 hit the button by mistake especially when your working on a smaller screen like a smart phone or an iPad. It's a shame cause I think the game is good n enjoy plAying when I get home from work! I've always liked big fish games but it just seems like the game needs some improvements, n I can't bring myself 2 pay for dollars!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 25, 14 9:55 PM
It's been stated before, but I will add that my biggest gripe with actual game play (vs. tech issues such as disappearing quests and auto-planting gifts) is having to stow and "unpack" 17 utensils each time I change cooking method.

My first thought was that instead of limiting total amount of utensils, they should limit amount per type, so one could have X numbers knives, spatulas, etc. out at all times, the number depending on level.

I realized though that would cause an issue with space restraints, so instead, I think the best option would be to allow players to trade up. For example, five bronze give 10% and cost 150,000 in coins, which equal $60 bucks for the silver which also gives 10% (using base value of one buck per 2500 coins). I understand they want to make money, and I personally would not mind trading say, ten bronze for one silver and 20 for one Gold. There would still be an actual cost/value and it would be up to each player as to if they felt it was worth said cost.

Right now, I have almost 100% of each utensil. I would pay slightly more for the ability to have that same amount of all utensils out at once, rather than having to change them out daily (and sometimes multiple times per day) when I am trying to level up on a certain quest.

The same idea could apply to the base appliances as well.

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on May 26, 14 3:11 PM
The ability to CHANGE THE COLOR and/or pattern of our items would be great. There are so few choices in this game! I wouldn't mind, for instance, paying $5,000 bucks to turn my Gold Counters to blue.

Another thing would be the ability to stow Green Bucks and Gold Coins in a piggy bank or something. That would make it easier to save large amounts to EXPAND our restaurants. It would also prevent us from using up Green Bucks when we accidentally hit things that would use them.

Alternatively, they should require us to OKAY purchases made with Green Bucks. I can't count the number of times I've gone to check the time on what's cooking only to have it eat my Green Bucks because it thinks I want to speed them up!

darlamac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by darlamac on May 26, 14 5:17 PM
WOW!!! And here I thought I was an idiot for mistakenly spending bucks that I worked so hard for. This is a set up by Big Fish to get us to spend real money.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 27, 14 9:55 AM
I think limiting the amount of utensils might be a problem for some of the daily demands which require like 18 of the same utensil to finish on time, at times. So am not voting for that idea, sorry. I actually like being able to put as many of the same utensil as possible at the same time. Sorry

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 28, 14 2:16 AM
efi24 wrote:I think limiting the amount of utensils might be a problem for some of the daily demands which require like 18 of the same utensil to finish on time, at times. So am not voting for that idea, sorry. I actually like being able to put as many of the same utensil as possible at the same time. Sorry

I think you mean appliances. Like cutting boards, ovens, etc. I'm referring to Utensils which offer bonus skill points and raise the level of the recipes. They are not needed to complete quests. I agree that players should have the option to choose, so if someone wants 18 sets of knives they can have them. Alternatively, I think there should be an option to trade up so that a player can earn a Gold utensil by trading in X amount of Bronze.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on May 28, 14 2:21 AM
Witchy55 wrote:The ability to CHANGE THE COLOR and/or pattern of our items would be great. There are so few choices in this game! I wouldn't mind, for instance, paying $5,000 bucks to turn my Gold Counters to blue.

Another thing would be the ability to stow Green Bucks and Gold Coins in a piggy bank or something. That would make it easier to save large amounts to EXPAND our restaurants. It would also prevent us from using up Green Bucks when we accidentally hit things that would use them.

Alternatively, they should require us to OKAY purchases made with Green Bucks. I can't count the number of times I've gone to check the time on what's cooking only to have it eat my Green Bucks because it thinks I want to speed them up!

I second all of these ideas. I have passed up sales on counters and other items that would increase my score because I find them so ugly I don't want to look at them when playing. Part of the game is getting to decorate, and the choices are indeed very limited.

As for the verification before spending Green Bucks, my game likes to automatically "plant" Premium Prizes, at the cost of $10 Bucks each. This is truly not something I am doing, accidentally or otherwise. When I plant spices, every so often it just skips the plant screen entirely and I suddenly have a Prize plant and am minus $10. It's really frustrating.

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on May 29, 14 7:14 PM
I agree with everyone on the "approval" button for anytime you are spending bucks. It takes a very careful hand not to plant the premium prize plant when I am replanting. It would also be nice if dishes automatically went to the same counter. For instance if you were cooking carrot sticks and had some ready to go out as well as an empty counter the carrot sticks would go to the counter where you already have carrot sticks.

nic2200
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by nic2200 on May 30, 14 10:23 PM
Finishing many of the quests wouldn't be possible if the food automatically stacked. I had one for 23000 paella yesterday. They never would have been sold if they had stacked. Part of the game is managing your counter space.

[Post New]by Pepper13 on May 31, 14 1:25 AM
maarja0 wrote:
bf_gamer wrote:I would like it if the dishes stacked! I don't like that if I make two berries and cream they take up two counters instead of putting them on just one counter. I would have a lot more counter space if they did this!

I agree, this is truly stupid - the tip below about putting the other counters in storage is helpful, but it shouldn't even be needed - in all the games I've played before, the same type of food is automatically stacked.

Actually, if you want to sell quickly, sometimes it's nice to have dishes on multiple counters. If everything automatically stacked, it would be impossible. At least this way there's a choice.

[Post New]by Pepper13 on May 31, 14 1:32 AM
I would love the ability to zoom out and see more of the restaurant.

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on Jun 2, 14 7:46 PM
Pepper13 wrote:I would love the ability to zoom out and see more of the restaurant.

Oh that's another good one. Today it occurred to me that it would be nice to be able to see the whole restaurant at once so that if I had counters where I couldn't see them I could see what dishes were on them. Also as I am now mastering recipes it would be nice to have another cuisine in the future like Italian, French or Greek.

[Post New]by Pepper13 on Jun 4, 14 9:06 AM
This one is desperately needed: Have the patrons of the restaurant NOT stop every time a quest window opens. Very annoying how the restaurant freezes when checking status of tasks since timers don't stop with them.

[Post New]by lady_ambir on Jun 17, 14 11:28 PM
Chiming in on the "Add an OKAY check to spending bucks" idea- it's very needed! My son like to cook for me, and he was in tears earlier because he accidentally spent bucks while checking the remaining servings on the counters. Anything that can cost real money should ALWAYS have a safeguard check before it can be spent

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 18, 14 11:19 AM
I would just like to know that any update to this game is actually coming. Already spent way more real money than I'll ever spend on a regular game and it seems like I'm reaching the... end?
I'd like to see more dishes, have the possibility to have more items in my restaurant and I still think it's cool if there were more than 1 level to preparing complex dishes.

Go to: