Re:Post Your Design This Home Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by evenstar111 on Jan 14, 14 9:00 AM
I tried opening the game today and it is saying that a product security key is required. I cannot pay it without entering a security key, and I do not have one.

[Post New]by teriann68 on Jan 21, 14 4:27 PM
I can't even get the game to open. Every time I try I get the box that says to give launcher.exe permission to hard drive and I answer yes then it proceeds to open it hundreds of time with no game ever opening. And every time wen it finally gives me an error access violation box a previously purchased game in my game manger will want to be reactivated and is in the queue waiting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times! I really wanted to play this game but there is something seriously wrong between it and my computer. I have windows 7 and everything is up to date. Any suggestions on what I could try?

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Post Your Design This Home Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by christina1533 on Jan 31, 14 3:55 PM
I'm not sure if I'm impatient or this is a tech issue, but just in case, here's the situation:

I have a Villa, which is supposed to be filled with 2 adults and 2 kids. However, I only have 2 adults and 1 kid. I have also built all of the rooms that I am able to build in the home. Where is my family's second kid?

Thanks for reading!

[Post New]by Ilaria95 on Feb 1, 14 5:31 AM
during the mission "BRING A FRIEND!" where Ihave to send an email to get my reward (in this case: 2 coins) there is an error message
if I click "send email" the program says "you do not currently have an email client setup on your computer. In order to email a screenshot to your friend, please set a default email client in Windows"............but this message is wrong!!! I have already sent a screenshot via email (it was one of the first task asked) and that time it perfectly worked!!!! but not this time
I run Windows Vista on my PC, and I use (not so frequently) Windows Live Mail......I also have a Gmail account
i don't know what to do....

ps I've already tried to change POP / IMAP settings both in Windows Live Mail and Gmail accounts

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 5, 14 2:56 AM
i lost my second home!

i had four houses and have been working on finishing touches on homes one and two while completing three and four... but when i pulled the game up the other day, it showed my first home when i clicked on second home... and then when i clicked second home again, it congratulated me on purchasing my new home... my wonderfully furnished, nearly perfect "couple's place" was replaced by another blueprint of a family home.. ???

trying *another* uninstall/reinstall to see if that will jog its memory, but where do completed homes go when they die?

[Post New]by Vince720 on Feb 8, 14 9:28 AM
Can't get back into full screen mode, when i am on the main menu the lowest i can go to is Play and that it, I have tried to make the window smaller so that i can get to the options button but the game will not allow me to do this, I want to play the game but cannot play it if its stuck in window mode all the time.

My screen is smaller than that of a normal laptop as its a 10 inch screen laptop please can you either allow me and other people like me to re-size the windowed screen by clicking on the corner or top of it and dragging it smaller so that we can get to the options button.

or reset my game so that i can stay in windowed mode and keep away from the whole sharing to social networks.

Or is their a button in game to switch between full screen and windowed?

I would post a screen shot so that you can see the issue but their is no option to upload a photo here.

I can't even see the menu to buy items etc when in windowed mode so its completely unplayable now

Edited on 02/08/2014 at 9:46:37 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 12, 14 12:15 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can investigate what's happening. To reach them, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

I hope those are resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Gamer111717 on Feb 14, 14 3:24 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hi Everyone,

cbellcrm, bickerlynne and GrannynBigDee , thank you for letting us know about that problem. I have escalated the issue and we will let you know as soon as be hear of a solution.

ruibie347, it's very strange that's happening. Running the game as an Administrator the next time you play may help keep it from staying in the task bar when you close it out. You can get some steps to do this by clicking the blue text below:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748/kw/admin">Run Game as Administrator </a>

If the problem keeps happening, I suggest contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/kw/Dr.%20Felix">Dr. Felix Report</a> so our Reps can take a better look and help troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater

Please pass this info on to the Dev's: I am having the same issues as you replied to, I can't send the pic, thereby not being able to complete the task, and the game minimizes to task bar upon exit. I can't run as an Admin since this is a used PC and the prior owner put a password on the Admin area and I have no way to get that password. And so, short of wiping my HD and having to go through days of reinstalling everything, I have no way to do what the game asks. That's not going to happen.

Also, I think it's nuts to have to set up a separate email client to play a game. I already have an email with yahoo and it is not good enough? Something the Dev's should look into is fixing this game to where we can use our current email, not a client. Like I said, this is a used PC and not only did the previous owner lock down the Admin and I have to do things as a guest, she also used the client on the PC and it won't let me set up separate w/o Admin consent.

Also, I have no plans to have to download the Fix with Dr whoever. I have enough stuff downloaded as it stands. A player should be able to play w/o having to link to this, that, and the other, and w/o having to go through all this malarkey. I will uninstall the game and try it again once it's more compatible i.e. user friendly.

Nice little relaxing game but not worth trying to play if I can't move forward on quests :-(

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Feb 20, 14 5:46 PM
Just an fyi. I downloaded this game. When I tried to play, nothing happened at all. For a minute and a half. It just sat there. When I tried to delete it, once again nothing happened. I tried the control panel and some other things and finally closed the GM at which time I was able to delete thru the control panel.

I am thinking perhaps this game is not so great a deal and will simply move on.

[Post New]by nicksmom2007 on Feb 24, 14 5:13 PM
I am having issues with the email setup to send out and to send the picture but the biggest issue I have is that I was a level 18 and only had 2 rooms left to unlock and several hundred thousand dollars and saved like normal and exited. The next time I logged back in my entire house was gone and all my money except $3,000 was gone but it kept my level and the time it takes to wait and collect money remained at the 10 hours. I am now a level 19 after starting over yesterday and only have a little over $2,000 and cannot collect for almost 12 hours and only have the first two rooms available to me!!! I am very ticked over this because I worked hard and basically got restarted but kept the level and collection time so it really screwed me on being able to get things done now!!!! This game was my favorite but has now dropped way down on my list due to this!!!!!

kareemah
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by kareemah on Feb 27, 14 12:34 PM
I would like to know how to earn the gold coins with the star on it? It says that one way is to take a snap shot of your house and e-mail it or share it by email. I've tried that and I get nothing, plus the email address that I emailed it to doesn't get it. Why is that? What other ways can I earn these gold coins without buying it with my own money? Thanks.

kareemah
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by kareemah on Feb 27, 14 2:49 PM
GrannynBigDee wrote:Difficulty purchasing coins and cash while playing the game. The game freezes and then presents an error message stating that a purchase could not be made and to try again later. I have made over four attempts to make a purchase and keep getting same error message.

[Post New]by harmony129 on Feb 28, 14 2:13 PM
I also emailed my pic & nothing.

I also can't get my fireplace out of storage. No matter how many times I click on it & then click the living room, nothing happens. Why?

[Post New]by fun123456 on Mar 10, 14 6:32 AM
Game says free trial is over. I click on the buy now tab and says code not valid and it is a "free" game???????

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Apr 5, 14 6:58 AM
When I sell things I don't get any money.

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on Jun 20, 14 3:26 AM
I'm trying to play the free to play version of this game, but every time I click on the free to play game it says my trial is expired and to pay $7.27 to continue, why is the free to play acting like a pay game trial?

[Post New]by joeydoe19 on Jul 4, 14 9:00 AM
About a week ago, I was playing DTH and I started getting alerts from my spyware and virus protection. I've been playing this game for quite some time and have never had any problems. Since then, I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled thinking there may have been an issue elsewhere. The same thing happened. Needless to say, I've uninstalled the game indefinitely. I have run all programs to look for viruses and spyware (which has been taken care of)

No New Tasks?

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Jul 13, 14 11:42 PM
I'm in a new house....my fourth, I think. I'm working on my first room and after several tasks, now there are no new ones. ???

[Post New]by Miyujade on Jul 24, 14 4:43 PM
I am looking to transfer my game files for many games. This is one of the last few games that I am having trouble transfering from my desktop to my laptop. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this? I know it involves locating and saving files to a jump drive but thats about it lol

Go to: