caadlers
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mind Invasion Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by caadlers on Dec 7, 13 12:48 PM
Door maze puzzle not working for me. I made it out of all the parts of the maze and the chain is now completely outside of the maze, but the puzzle doesn't register as completed and the door won't open. I checked SG but it looks like I solved this puzzle. I don't want to skip it because I want to know if it is a glitch or I am somehow missing something else I need to do.

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mind Invasion Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by phizz on Dec 7, 13 2:41 PM
It crashes immediately. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, with the same result. OS Mac 10.9

[Post New]by Kerry4751 on Dec 7, 13 2:48 PM
First it crashed to the desktop, now all I get is 3/4 screen with the rest my daisy desktop. Uninstalled, reinstalled, pushed screen adjustment buttons, nothing. Running one month old Toshiba with Windows 8.1. Getting POed.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 7, 13 3:01 PM
Hey phizz and Kerry4751,

I'm really sorry to hear about those crashing issues.

I have posted some common troubleshooting steps for both Mac and PC. You can get to these help articles by clicking on the blue text below:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

(PC) Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're still having problems with the game, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team for Mac and PC and one of our Reps will be happy to troubleshoot the cause of the problem.

I hope this helps and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Agency of Anomalies: Mind Invasion CE Here Only!!!

[Post New]by Brially on Dec 7, 13 3:12 PM
mst3kr wrote:Graphics issue -

After loading the Big Fish & Orneon (sp?) title screens (which are off-center towards the left screen), the main menu only fills up 3/4 of the screen, with the top & left-hand sides of the screen black. Playing the game itself, the initial cut scenes are the same as the title screens, off center to the left with the right side of the screen black. After the cut scene, the game fills up only 3/4 of the screen, just like the main menu.

Checking & unchecking Full Screen in the menu options doesn't fix the issue, and the Widescreen option doesn't do anything. Didn't have a problem with the other Agency games.

Same exact thing here. Month-old Sony Vaio pro13 running Windows 8.1. I really want to play this--please fix! I have had ZERO problems with other games--comp is WAY powerful enough to play these games. No fun, I was looking forward to spending the evening playing this.

So is this game specifically not working with 8.1?

Edited on 12/07/2013 at 3:19:46 PM PST

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Dec 7, 13 8:26 PM
Will not even open for me. Running Mac OS 10.6.8 -- everything up to date. Too bad, too. I really like this series. Anybody else have this problem? I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Dec 8, 13 12:23 AM
I had the same problem as other fish with the dice game. As someone in another thread suggested, I exited to the main menu screen of the game and went back in to continue to play with no further problems.
Not sure if their is a problem with the book puzzle in the bonus game but no matter what I did, it would not take and wound up skipping. I hate skipping puzzles...boohoo.
I am using Win 8.1 and have not had any video, mouse or other issues with this game besides the one listed above. Even though your computers are new, you may want to check you video drivers to make sure they are up to date. These don't always automatically update with other updates.
Also, for those who are having problems downloading, some new update within the past few days, happened to me on Wednesday, for Windows caused my computer to not allow downloads, something with the Task Manager not allowing background tasks to perform. It would look like it was going to begin the download and nothing. I needed to do a System Restore to a previous date to get it to work again, since there where no viruses or ad/mal-ware found on my computer.
Hope some of this helps. Have a great weekend fishies! Stay warm and safe for all those who are either suffering through the winter storms or headed for it, like myself.

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phizz on Dec 8, 13 5:05 AM
I clicked on the link given for Mac troubleshooting and got the following:
Oops!
We're sorry, but the page you're looking for doesn't seem to be here.

[Post New]by wray_fish25 on Dec 8, 13 5:47 AM
Hi caadlers Door lock maze did not work for me.wouldnt register as solved. i reset it & tried again but eventually had to skip have not played much further as I dont want to spoil the game by having to skip anything else.

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Dec 8, 13 7:19 AM
I was also having problems with the door maze...I exited the game and restarted and door popped open. Hope that helps.

Abbey

Technical Issue: Third Patient Dice Game does not resolve

[Post New]by cliodne2000 on Dec 8, 13 8:57 AM
I have tried skipping the puzzle and it does not provide the reward. Has nothing to do with the strategy guide and what it says. The puzzle does not give the reward. The game is now stopped and I can't move on.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Dec 8, 13 9:33 AM
MaryEl wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with their mouse being rather slow? It just seems to lag a little when I move it. No problem with other games.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Dec 8, 13 9:35 AM
I am also having problems with the mouse/cursor. When I try to pick up and move objects I can't control where they go - the objects move randomly all over the place, except where I try to place them.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on Dec 8, 13 10:15 AM
Does anyone know (esp 8.1 users) if the works when bought, by chance?

Also, abysmal communication from BF on this one (repeated posts leadiing to links saying the problem is our computers' fault, which it is clearly NOT, don't help.)

How about letting us know if dev is working on the issues, ETA for an update/fix to the game? If BFG isn't going to provide support on weekends, esp for CEs, then don't sell the games until they are fully tested!

SOOO sick of non-working games with no status update/update to game for like a week or longer.

RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS, PLEASE! WE DESERVE BETTER COMMUNICATION AND ACTIVE SUPPORT!

[Post New]by jbeckman01 on Dec 8, 13 10:25 AM
I can't use full screen because it tells me "this is not the optimal screen resolution for the primary display device optimal screen resolution is 1920 x 1080" which is what I have. I also have the windows 8.1 and a sony vaio. I have deleted the game and reinstalled to no avail. It is still in the left corner of my computer. Any other suggestions?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 8, 13 11:50 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing in your games.

If you're having trouble with a puzzle in the game that won't finish or skip, it seems to have worked to exit out of the game, restart your computer completely and then try that again. We're actively looking into this now and hope to have it resolved soon.

If you're having display issues with the game, I'd recommend checking that your computers are fully up-to-date. For help finding any relevant updates, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are having trouble downloading the game, just click on the blue text below for some great tips and tricks to help with this:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If your cursor seems to be sluggish, I'd recommend turning off the custom cursor in the game. That can be done in the options menu.

If these solutions don't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so one of our Reps can take a closer look at the issues and offer some more specific solutions to help sort those out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Dec 8, 13 1:39 PM
I'm also having problems with the dice game. I fould the solution - 4,6,3,2,1 - get to the X and it comes back to the beginning as if I didn't even play. I did try and skip, which I hate, but it wouldn't let me do that either. I started my computer again, tried what it said in the strategy guide, didn't work, did my solution, didn't work - I'm out of patience.

Hopefully, we'll get a fix soon.

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Dec 8, 13 6:15 PM
game is lagging. Puzzles freezing up. Dang I love this series and wanted to use 50percent off on this. Second game in past week with glitches. AND NO BIG FISH IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Dec 8, 13 7:09 PM
Demo ran fine. After I bought the game, it won't run. Gets to the main menu, I pick my difficulty level, it then says Loading, then pops back to the game manager. Closed the GM and tried again. Same thing. I had not put my name in in the demo as I didn't see the space for it . I did put it in after purchasing and assumed I would have to start over. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. I was looking forward to playing it and know I won't get any help until tomorrow. :-((

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 8, 13 9:42 PM
I have just sent a help request because when I started to play the first "Brain Device" mini-game (in the demo) the screen froze. I could not get out using the Escape key or Control + Alt + Delete. I had to manually shut down my computer using the power button. As far as I know, all my drivers are up-to-date. (I really try to install all updates as soon as they are available.) I attached a Dr. Felix report that I ran as soon as I got my computer restarted as well as letting them know what kind of computer and OS I use. (Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.)

I'll keep you fishies posted as I get any response from Customer Support. If we all give them as much info as possible and work together, maybe we can get the bugs removed.

Go to: