godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Dice....I've tried everything and just quit....HELP!!

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Dec 9, 13 3:41 PM
I read all the posts here and tried them all. I've restarted my computer twice, restarted the game three time and it still takes me back to the map and dice when I click hint. I can NOT skip....I've been patient like one said for about a half hour now and I can't get past this part of the game. I'm now sorry I bought it. I really like the game but, if I can't finish it, what fun is that?

ANY more suggestions at all? Thanks...I'd really like to finish the game and probably play it again IF it doesn't do the same thing.

Re:Dice

[Post New]by LovelyLady1988 on Dec 9, 13 8:38 PM
jaylake wrote:I am not saying it will work for you, but I exited the game completely then went back in and entered the dice as per the strategy guide and hey presto it worked. Do not know why.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You saved my computer screen from a fist shaped hole

godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Dice....I've tried everything and just quit....HELP!!

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Dec 10, 13 5:49 AM
UPDATE: I gave up after restarting several times. But I came into the game this morning just to see what would happen and, for some unknown reason, it finally worked. The game let me skip and I got the crown....YEA!!!! I hope this doesn't happen when I decide to play it again. All is well in fishdom.

[Post New]by auntbets on Dec 12, 13 7:01 AM
I'm assuming that those of us who can't finish the dice/map game and can't skip will eventually be able to get our money back? This is the first time I've ever encountered a game that didn't work -- and for which no update was posted.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 12, 13 7:29 AM
I don't think you will have any problem skipping if you shut down the game and then reboot your computer. It seems to be working for most people,
but.....
Big Fish has always been good at refunding peoples money or giving them a free game coupon when they cannot play a game.

They are working with the Dev about a fix for this....one of the mods did post that.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 12, 13 8:28 AM
I had the same issue with this puzzle as well. Thankfully, the exit and restart trick worked for me also. If you're having the same problem, give this a try as it will most likely work, judging by what other fishies have posted too. If the problem persists, tookat brings some good news about a possible fix or even a refund in case you'd like to have one granted.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 12, 13 10:34 AM
dear auntbets:

first, welcome to the forum!!

sorry you are having this problem which IS being looked into. hope one of the many solutions offered will help.

rest assured - BFG has the most excellent customer service ever!!! will never let you down!!

in no time at all, things will be going along swimmingly once more. a little patience is all you need even though can be frustrating - gaming interruptus!!

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 3:29:06 PM PST

joz1950
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by joz1950 on Dec 14, 13 12:38 PM
bluemli69 wrote:
jaylake wrote:I am not saying it will work for you, but I exited the game completely then went back in and entered the dice as per the strategy guide and hey presto it worked. Do not know why.

Thank you for that solution. This did work for me as well.

same here!!!! thank you thank you thank you.

loonda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loonda on Dec 14, 13 2:38 PM
Thanks a ton jaylake. Stopping and restarting the game worked for me also.

RoelV
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RoelV on Dec 15, 13 1:42 AM
Restart the game. It helped here.

Re:Dice [Help for solving this issue and other puzzles can be found here!]

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Dec 16, 13 9:32 AM
I also had trouble with the dice game. Couldn't skip either. I installed and uninstalled, turned my computer off and on and still couldn't skp or do the puzzle. Then I just played the record of the kid again - when it was over = the cork popped out of the barrel and from the wall was the crown. Maybe that will help someone else. The rest of the game is just as great as the first part.

tmlbwells
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmlbwells on Dec 19, 13 9:55 AM
I had the same problem with the dice game. I had to restart the computer and the game. I used the strategy guide for the dice and finally got through the puzzle. The cut scene came up for me right away after that.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 20, 13 11:35 AM

Thank you, jaylake! I should have tried that before I almost drove myself crazy (or crazier than usual ) because it worked in another spot earlier in the game.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Dec 28, 13 12:02 PM
I dislike feeling like an idiot when I cannot even follow the strategy guide for an answer. I think bugs should be worked out before. It is hard to imagine this was not an issue in the testing phase!

[Post New]by naushutz4 on Dec 28, 13 4:25 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the help on the dice game. It was really begining to frustrate me. I closed out of the game and came back in and it worked.

[Post New]by Batgirl10_7 on Jan 2, 14 9:33 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

Thanks for posting about this issue, and the temporary solution that some of your found!

I just wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into this and will let you know once we have more information.

Though this is tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread open as it's really helping our gamers.

Thanks for your patience all!

bfgDeveron

Yes. Please leave this up because I am just playing the game on 02/03 Jan 2014 and ran into the problem. The suggestion of shutting down the entire game and then restarting it... I hit play, went right back to the dice game and was able to get it to work first try (with the solution given in the SG). Thanks to the BF member for the suggestion!! These forums are wonderful. Happy gaming fishies!!

[Post New]by lpnatmu on Jan 3, 14 9:54 AM
Exiting and re-entering worked me too.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jan 5, 14 9:02 PM
I had the same problem i.e. I knew I had the correct numbers on the dice but the mini game wouldn't finish properly so I tried skipping & that didn't work either. I closed & exited the game, came here & saw others had the same problem & the solution so I started the game & voilà! I was able to progress to the cut scene & acquire the crown.

It's definitely a glitch so I hope the devs fix it. Though it's too much to hope they also fix the widescreen option so that works!

K

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 11, 14 12:29 PM
Good grief! It worked! Exit the game, and when you reopen the SG solution works. Also, while I was still struggling with the map, I backed out and went up the ladder and the cut scene occurred. After exiting the game, when I returned, played the map puzzle, and voila, it all wrapped up nicely.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jan 12, 14 3:40 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

Thanks for posting about this issue, and the temporary solution that some of your found!

I just wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into this and will let you know once we have more information.

Though this is tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread open as it's really helping our gamers.

Thanks for your patience all!

bfgDeveron

This was posted in early December, I am playing the game mid January and this issue has still not been resolved. The game will not finish even with the pawn on number 33 nor will it skip.

Go to: