LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For The Fog here only

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 9, 13 11:22 AM
I had the problem with the HO scene in the bedroom upstairs repeating and unable to pick up the painting and move on. I uninstalled/reinstalled, started as a new player, and chose not to access the tutorial. This fixed the problem for me. The first time I tried to play, I did say "Yes" to the tutorial. I think this is where the glitch is.

ETA: Spoke too soon. Now I have the problem with the HOS in the refrigerator repeating. I don't think this is a computer specific glitch.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 12:47:19 PM PST

[Post New]by Clozar on Dec 9, 13 12:54 PM
Well first off I downloaded the game for demo and went to play it and up on the screen I get a box saying " Twisted Lands- Insomniac has stopped working" Close program. So I did not even get to try the demo. Will try downloading it again. Will let you know if it works this time.

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Dec 9, 13 2:21 PM
Having the same problem as WolfenRaindancer with the phone dial need help as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled once

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 2:22:22 PM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Dec 9, 13 6:14 PM
I had tried this game at another site and was planning on forgetting about playing it (even tho I like it) because I had the same problem on the first hidden object scene with the painting. I put it in the frame and it kept telling me to do it still and when I clicked on other hidden objects it wouldn't pick them up. I also was using the tutorial and it was frozen on the screen. When I downloaded the demo here and started with a new player and no tutorial it went fine all the way through the demo. Wondering if there are more glitches ahead for me or not. I think it's worth the risk.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Dec 9, 13 7:25 PM
can not buy it.have tried different punch card codes and none are accepted.never had this come up before.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 10, 13 3:06 AM
Annemotherof3 wrote:Having the same problem as WolfenRaindancer with the phone dial need help as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled once [/quot

The second time around everything is working fine, including the phone, with the number that wouldn't work last night...go figure. I hate that I had to start completely over again, as it didn't save my game after the reinstall, but at least I remember what to do so it didn't take me as long to get back to that phone.

Sestra
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Sestra on Dec 10, 13 5:40 AM
May I add my voice to those complaining about getting "stuck" in the repeat fridge HO game. Tried all sorts to get out, but no success.

Starting the game from scratch is not an option; I refuse to repeat myself at the risk of getting stuck again, either at the fridge or in another HO game.

Time for a fix, please.

Addendum: tried the "run as administrator" idea. No joy, although, to be honest, I didn't expect there to be. This is obviously a program problem. So, again, may we please have a proper fix?

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 11:50:44 PM PST

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Dec 10, 13 7:02 AM
I didn't get stuck there, but I am stuck in the HO where you have to find copper. There is a periodic chart on the wall, but when I click on the sign for copper--co--, nothing happens, The hint keeps pointing to that chart, and I have found all of the other items. Any ideas?

Doreen

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Dec 10, 13 7:38 AM
Stuck at the HO with the dartboard. I got duped into going back in by extraneous butterflies. I backed all the way out, back in and right back into the same spot. I uninstalled, reinstalled...got to it again and stuck. I can't pick up the darts a second time. I can't grab the chalk. I can get the glue but I've already fixed the plate so it's going nowhere fast. It looks like it might be fun otherwise so I'll hang on in case there's a fix but right now, no buy for me.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 10, 13 10:16 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all your posts. I see that for some of you there have been problems with the game getting stuck on certain hidden object scenes.

In addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I also suggest running the game as an Administrator. This will give the game elevated permissions to access its files and can help to get those scenes working. Just click on the blue text below for some more information on how to do this:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are still having problems, you can definitely contact our Tech Support Team, and they can give specialized support for your operating system.

Let us know if this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited for clarity

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 10:18:48 AM PST

[Post New]by norayorkie on Dec 10, 13 10:23 AM
My box above the ledger disappeared and my hint button keeps telling me to open the box except its not there anymore. anyone else has this problem?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 10, 13 11:01 AM
Same problem with the repeat fridge/freezer HOS. Since this scene was already completed, none of the interactive items are there anymore and there is no way to back out. This has nothing to do with anyone's computer or needing to run as an administrator, obviously a program problem.

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by prochef on Dec 10, 13 1:40 PM
I really liked this game but I'm having the same trouble as everyone else. I got stuck on the first HO and had to start again as a new player and then thought I would not click on the tutorial help and that lasted until the fridge HO, then got stuck again, then did another new player, but got stuck again in another HO and then time was up. I want to use a free game credit but will wait to see if something can clear this up. What a bummer!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 10, 13 1:51 PM
dorish2 wrote:I didn't get stuck there, but I am stuck in the HO where you have to find copper. There is a periodic chart on the wall, but when I click on the sign for copper--co--, nothing happens, The hint keeps pointing to that chart, and I have found all of the other items. Any ideas?

Doreen

Copper is Cu. Hope that helps!

[Post New]by sweetauntbug on Dec 10, 13 2:03 PM
hello am really in tis game now army camp hint button well not help or tell me what to do next I do not know to finish this game. anyone else having trouble with hint button telling what to do next. This been great game until now . please help thanks you

[Post New]by Blackmyst1 on Dec 10, 13 6:41 PM
I also have the same problem with the Fridge HO, tried a second time under new player, still stuck with fridge second time. Will try once more and skip the fridge second time, Needs fix tho, the second time it gets stuck with glue, darts, and chalk (which are used first time thru HO) because the items, dart board, broken plate, etc are fixed or gone. Please do a fix!

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Dec 11, 13 6:18 AM
thank you Gentlesong, that was the one. I actually thought I had clicked all of the formulae, but obviously I hadn't . Just finished the game.

Doreen

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 11, 13 4:54 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for your patience everyone. We're having you try these troubleshooting steps because it helps rule out issues and also allows us to gather some data to escalate (if it becomes necessary). These are the steps we recommend because they are the most common solutions to similar problems.

If Running the game as an administrator doesn't seem to be working, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game, to ensure all of the files have downloaded correctly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't help, it would be great if you'd contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can take a closer look, and collect information about what's happening.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 12, 13 12:29 PM
Has anyone tried running the game as administrator and been able to play through. I've done everything else, including sending a Dr. Felix. Don't really understand why it should be necessary to run as administrator for this game when this has never been necessary for the scores of other games I've downloaded from BFG. Will give it a shot. But still think the problem is in the programming of the game. Too bad. It looks like a good one otherwise.

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 3:25:36 PM PST

Beverly4
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For The Fog here only

[Post New]by Beverly4 on Dec 12, 13 12:44 PM
orphaned wrote:in case you have problems .....
I am having problem that cannot get pass the trailer than I get a fog thing when I hit hint won't let me go any further. And bought this game. I would like this to be fixed. Seems lately a couple games have technical problems. Please fix this. tbruth2@aol.com

Go to: