awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Post your Awakening Kingdoms Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 18, 13 9:40 AM
I was happy to see the update today and very hopeful that it would fix the problem I was having with the game not saving. However, after shutting the game down I just tried to reopen it and find that, ONCE AGAIN, I am back at the beginning. This has happened to me now about 4 times. I don't know what bugs they thought they were fixing but apparently this wasn't one of them!!!!!

I have contacted tech support about this issue but have yet to get a response. Really am not happy since I had unfortunately spent money for coins before this happened to me the first time. I won't make that mistake again!!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 18, 13 11:29 AM
Hello All,

If you haven't already, please contact our Tech Support Team about your issues, with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. Our Reps will be able to offer targeted support to help resolve what's happening in your games.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Dec 18, 13 1:31 PM
I love the game but when I want to purchase coins or the lightning from the store. I cannot. I get to the in-game purchase and the game freezes. I cannot even change the card I am using, so I have to ctrl. alt. delete. and close out through task manager and open it back up. I am using Windows 8 on an HP.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Dec 18, 13 2:16 PM
So can I have those gems back? And how do I play from multiple computers?

chaosIM
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chaosIM on Dec 18, 13 2:50 PM
Carleneruns wrote:I completed a scene and the games says I have zero items left to find. But I'm stuck in the scene. The hint button says there is nothing left to do. I tried exiting the game, losing my progress (and my energy points) to see if there was a patch. No luck. So here I am asking for help.

Same issue here, shows 0 items to be found, hint indicates a mini-scene which it won't let me access. I haven't had this issue prior to the 12/17 update.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Dec 18, 13 3:57 PM
Technical issue:

In order to get into Apicus Plaza to complete a quest, you have to complete the Plaza Ticket Pass Series quest. I did that. It didn't unlock. I am not going to "pay" 42 crystals to unlock it.

Please fix program so that it recognizes all quests completed, and takes appropriate action (like unlocking!).

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Dec 18, 13 5:02 PM
chaosIM wrote:Same issue here, shows 0 items to be found, hint indicates a mini-scene which it won't let me access. I haven't had this issue prior to the 12/17 update.

Hi chaosIM! Do you have an inventory item on the top left of the screen? They're only visible in hidden object scenes. Those inventory items are what you need to open mini-scenes.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 5:03:40 PM PST

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Dec 18, 13 5:08 PM
PTBT wrote:Technical issue:

In order to get into Apicus Plaza to complete a quest, you have to complete the Plaza Ticket Pass Series quest. I did that. It didn't unlock. I am not going to "pay" 42 crystals to unlock it..

Hi PTBT! Did the grandpa give you the ticket? As I recall, the whole ticket pass series involves helping the grandpa look for the ticket in various HO scenes and minigames. And then when you finally find it, the grandpa says you can have it. That's when the plaza unlocks. You might also need to scroll down the list of quests to check if there's one where the little boy asks you to go to Apricus Plaza with him.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 5:09:36 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 18, 13 8:07 PM
dvdiva is correct. First the boy appears and thanks you, and then grandpa appears and says you can have the ticket. After that, Apicus Plaza opened for me.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 18, 13 10:07 PM
awalkinglady, that happened to me too! Not only have I lost all my gameplay to Level 32, but, like you, the money I spent on coins and crystals. I did everything that tech support suggested, and nothing has worked. Oddly, though, after multiple clickings, all the areas I had played were opened again, but reset to the beginning. All my collections are there, my friends are there, and my emails are there! So, the game data is obviously saved somewhere other than the BoomZap folder!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Dec 18, 13 11:11 PM
Valdy wrote:dvdiva is correct. First the boy appears and thanks you, and then grandpa appears and says you can have the ticket. After that, Apicus Plaza opened for me.

Yup, he gave me the ticket. I was not happy it didn't open after all that.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 19, 13 12:23 AM
I've also noticed, that even with the update installed, I still keep getting the No Internet warning in the Collections section! Most annoying.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Catastrophic crashes

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Dec 19, 13 6:00 AM
I started playing yesterday, and had no problems. This morning, on Level 7, my computer suddenly just shut down. When I finally got it to reboot I tried playing again, leveled up to Level 8, and then got a "blue screen of death" error. The only new hardware or software on the machine was Awakening Kingdoms, so I've ripped it out. Too bad — it was a fun game.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 19, 13 11:01 AM
The borders on "Green Olives" in the miniscene in Apricus plaza is off.

The item is fairly large, but only a few pixels at the top of the item will register.

I clicked it 10-15 times, then used a hint thinking I might've gotten it wrong. Then another approx 20-30 times to get the the item.

chaosIM
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chaosIM on Dec 19, 13 12:08 PM
dvdiva wrote:
chaosIM wrote:Same issue here, shows 0 items to be found, hint indicates a mini-scene which it won't let me access. I haven't had this issue prior to the 12/17 update.

Hi chaosIM! Do you have an inventory item on the top left of the screen? They're only visible in hidden object scenes. Those inventory items are what you need to open mini-scenes.

Hey thanks for your reply, but I have already visited the mini-scene and I understand how to access it, it's just that there were no more items to be found and it showed 00 in the lower right counter, but the scene just wouldn't finish and return to the main area. It seemed like a game bug.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 19, 13 2:30 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues in your games.

For this one, please do get in contact with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so our Reps can investigate what's happening and offer some suggestions to try and sort those out.

This will also allow us to gather data to send over to the developer if necessary.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 19, 13 4:22 PM
Had you opened the mini-scene next to the fountain? If so, you get a blank item when you need to click on the *5*. It shows up clearly once you enter that mini-scene.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 19, 13 4:22 PM
Had you opened the mini-scene next to the fountain? If so, you get a blank item when you need to click on the *5*. It shows up clearly once you enter that mini-scene.

My apologies, this seems to have posted twice. Hope someone can remove it!

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 7:18:11 PM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Dec 19, 13 8:17 PM
I'm at a point in the game where I have to upgrade the Store before I cqn go further. BUT I can't upgrade it. When I click on the Store (that has a big flashing QUEST over it) I don't get a magnifying glass -- like I do with all the others. If I click on it with the cursor nothing happens. This was like this before and after the update.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 19, 13 8:22 PM
Once or twice, when I played "Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin", suddenly the "Logged in as: Valdy" appeared at the top for 2-3 seconds, then vanishes for 12 seconds, then comes back for 2-3 seconds.

Just now, when I played "Awakening Kingdoms", the same thing happened in this game as well.

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that whenever this sign comes up, I cannot click on anything. It might not seem too long a time - 2 to 3 seconds - but when you are trying to find items in a HOS as quickly as possible, and then have to stop because you are kind of frozen out for these seconds, it does get annoying.

Thought I'd mention it so that BoomZap can perhaps look into this.

Go to: