TGT Lost in the City

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

Re:TGT Lost in the City

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Mar 14, 09 3:11 AM
kishimojun wrote:Just an aside here. Does anyone know what the "naughty words" are in the pond? I tried to start my last post here with a sound effect of excitement that this site would NOT let me post. It wasn't even remotely profane. I'm confused.

It seems to pick and choose what it deems to be naughty depending on what mood it's in.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 4:47 AM
All I can say is ... Wow!!!!

Just finished the game, definitely going to play it through again soon (if only to try and unlock all the secrets ).

Here's hoping for a Lost in the City 2 - whoever the storywriters were (didn't check the credits), they've got quite an imagination.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 14, 09 5:17 AM
So how long was the game for you? I'm a slow player who has to stop often and refill the coffee pot !

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 14, 09 5:24 AM
Keep stop starting too but it sounds quite long. Great thing is you don't have to remember what you were doing cos its new everytime!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 14, 09 6:16 AM
Already hit like 20 chapters in free demo, so pondering whether to buy to play the other 20, lol. Not a hard game at all, items are easy to find and figure out how to use without hints.

Just wish they're wasn't those darn assemble puzzles, I find them boring to do.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 14, 09 6:44 AM
I absolutely this game. Ok so there are glitches with the clicking problem but if you restart the level and click on the area that you know is right (like the generator button) it works the second time and you haven't lost any points.

I would like to say a big thank you to Elephant Games and South Studio for a good game with a Relaxed Option and the wonderful addition of a built-in Magnifying Glass. Thank you.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Mar 14, 09 6:52 AM
I just finished the game. I really like the storyline on this one too. The mini puzzles weren't overly challenging, but the end puzzles drove me batty. Some of the word puzzles were sneaky. The answer was right in front of my face and I'd be typing everything but that. I didn't get to purchase all the secrets though, so I'll have to go back and play it again.

[Post New]by oopsadaisy on Mar 14, 09 7:53 AM
Elkestra wrote:Well, I got a fair way further on before hitting my next bump in the road - figuring out where to use the planks (in the room you fall through into)....

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually

OK, used the SOS button, and it showed me a place I'd already tried (and given up on because I was getting bad clicks) ... sometimes these games are rediculously unforgiving about getting the click exactly right.

Have you figured it yet? If not, look for the 2 vertical planks on the wall, top left, and place the ones you have collected spaced out to make a ladder; just up from the bottom of the verticals and then just down from the top. The other 2 go equally spaced in between. Took me a while too.

Hope that helps xx

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 14, 09 8:24 AM
I'm not sure about this game yet. I did feel like I was just reading instructions, not using my brain, most of the time.

I have a question about replay value. Is there only one correct "next" destination, or can you choose to go another way? For instance, for AHA, I chose apartment building A. What if I had chosen cottage A or any of the other locations? Would the game have continued, or would I have been advised that I made an error?

If there's only one correct choice, I can't see there being much replay value to the game.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 8:39 AM
BinLA wrote:I have a question about replay value. Is there only one correct "next" destination, or can you choose to go another way? For instance, for AHA, I chose apartment building A. What if I had chosen cottage A or any of the other locations? Would the game have continued, or would I have been advised that I made an error?

You get a small 'No entry' symbol placed on the cross, and you get penalised some of the ticking-down $ for making a wrong choice.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 14, 09 8:45 AM
*raises fin*

Count me in on those who this game. After 2 1/2 hours and playing up to chapter 24 - I finally had to lay down and get some sleep. At 3am.

Yes, there is a lot of reading and much of it guiding you through the game. But for some people - this is what they like in a game. Like hubby. Who is playing the game at this very moment on the other PC. I found the mini-puzzles quite easy but hubby is being challenged. He skips the storyline while I read every single word. We're different players of similar games and Lost In The City satisfies both of us.

Smallhaven gives this game a

Thank you, Picman and BFG for securing this game for us. BFG rocks!

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 8:58:36 AM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 14, 09 8:57 AM
Even with tiny items in windowed mode, I love this game! I started with brightness at 75% but had to up it to 100%. I've played 34 minutes and was loving every minute. Only thing I question is why he continues on once he's out of the first house. I think the developers should have made it more compelling (gotta solve this mystery!) for him to continue. But, everything else considered, I still this game! It's on my BUY list! Thanks Picman & !

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 8:58 AM
Well, with the assistance of those who responded to my last post, I have finished the game and my response is W.H.O.O.! H.O.O.!

I love this game!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 14, 09 9:03 AM
I too wonder about the replay value. BUT really feel I've got my money's worth with this one even if there isn't any. I have a penchant for beautiful games (see favourite list thread) but the graphics in this one are excellent. Very innovative. Thanks Big Fish!

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Mar 14, 09 9:30 AM
I seem to be having problems with my second charger... it won't charge.. or I"m doing something wrong. I have one charger left and a phone... any suggestions..? The SOS button highlights the black square thingy.. but bringing my charger up to it does nothing....it worked on the first charger but not this one.... pout.. !!

I"m going to step back from this for a while ...maybe I'm getting too intense..

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Mar 14, 09 9:33 AM
Yeah, it's a neat game. That magnifying glass is a cool feature and handy how it's toggled with the right mouse button. The strategy guide has a lot of helpfull hints, pictures, and videos that will get you through any challenging puzzle quickly too.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Mar 14, 09 9:47 AM
well was desiding to buy,everyone says its great so i will give it i try.thanks everyone for your input.

[Post New]by camsgma on Mar 14, 09 10:02 AM
I've gotten to Chapter 22 and can't click on the ultraviolet light. Have exited and restarted a number of times. SOS directs me to the wand on the desk, but game won't allow me to click it....keep gettng the 'bad' x's. any advice? getting frustrated!!

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Mar 14, 09 10:15 AM
I loved this game when I got to accidentally beta test it!!! I have been waiting for it to come out!!
I am so excited Thankyou Thankyou
You are the greatest!!!!!

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Mar 14, 09 10:19 AM
camsgma wrote:I've gotten to Chapter 22 and can't click on the ultraviolet light. Have exited and restarted a number of times. SOS directs me to the wand on the desk, but game won't allow me to click it....keep gettng the 'bad' x's. any advice? getting frustrated!!

Use the paper in inventory to click on the light.

Go to: