Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Dec 19, 13 10:25 AM
In the elevator scene, when I click on the panel to use the hex wrench, it freezes, and the wrench will not work. The only way I can get out is to click on the map. I am unable to obtain the gem in the panel. Running Mac OS 10.6.08. Please advise, thanks.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Quailridge on Dec 19, 13 3:25 PM
Have exactly the same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled, made new profile. As soon as I click on where the hex key should be used the game freezes and have to use map to get out. It is the only way to get the gem that is needed. Running Mac OS X 10.8.5. Bummer as we are now stuck.

[Post New]by crazycatjag on Dec 19, 13 3:43 PM
I am having the same problem trying to get the hairpin and going to the door to open it. Help!!!!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Dec 19, 13 4:25 PM
Thanks for the help. Restarted the game with a new Profile (deleting the old) and no tutorial. Definitely made a difference. I'll be buying this one eventually, when they get the bugs out, since I live in the City and have spent many, many hours at the Smithsonian. Trust me on this: the Castle interior does not look the same!

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Dec 19, 13 6:07 PM
Can't turn off custom cursor. When you do, the mouse disappears completely and you can't play at all. I had to end task just to get the game closed out.

Restarted game. Mouse was there on the first splash screen, but disappeared again.

Won't be buying this one. Can't play with game cursor, the game lags way too bad

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 6:10:50 PM PST

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Dec 20, 13 9:52 AM
Can't get the hairpin to unlock the door. Yet another epic failure!!!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 20, 13 11:33 AM
Hey All,

I apologize to those of you where the hairpin wont unlock the door.

It may help trying to uninstall and reinstall the game then Run the game as an Administrator. This can often help with glitches as it ensures that the game has all the proper permissions to access its files.

ThomAndJerry, these steps may also help to get that custom cursor working again, also.

If that doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Reportand one of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot the problem.

I hope this helps and Happy Holidays everyone!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by momma6bears on Dec 22, 13 5:53 AM
I I AM STUCK WITH A CLINCH IN THIS SOFTWARE, HOPE YOU CAN HELP. I HAVE DELETE THE GAME TWICE AND REINSTALLED WITH NO LUCK.

TRYING TO GET THE ANTENNA ON TOP OF THE TV IN THE FOOD WAGON OUTSIDE OF THE MUSEUM.

I OWN ALL THE REST OF THEIR GAMES, THIS ONE I SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BEFORE I BROUGHT IT. TOO MUCH DIALOGUE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLYS AND HELP.
PENNY "o"

[Post New]by jefflowrey on Dec 22, 13 7:25 AM
The hotel scene keeps breaking in different ways for me.

First, the hook disappeared after I used it to retrieve the golden magnifier - but before I'd used it to open the suitcase.

So I created a new game.

Now I can't give the poster to the waiter.

I'm playing the Mac version.

[Post New]by sharif113 on Dec 22, 13 8:12 AM
I'm also having the elevator issue - can't get the gem. When I click on the panel to use the hex wrench, it freezes, and the wrench will not work. The only way I can get out is to click on the map. Using Mac 10.8.4. Please advise as the game is done for me at this point if I can't get the gem.

Loren55
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Elevator Panel

[Post New]by Loren55 on Dec 22, 13 11:06 AM
I cannot open the secret compartment in the elevator. When I click on it the screen dims and that's it. Like the previous poster, I have to click on the map to get out. I'm on a Mac running 10.6.8, and have an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card. Please tell me there is a way around this? Thanks!

Elevator Panel

[Post New]by macmuir on Dec 22, 13 4:43 PM
Loren55 wrote:I cannot open the secret compartment in the elevator. When I click on it the screen dims and that's it. Like the previous poster, I have to click on the map to get out. I'm on a Mac running 10.6.8, and have an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card. Please tell me there is a way around this? Thanks!

Sorry, no answer for you. I just wanted to add that the same thing happens to me (screen dims but does not progress to next scene) when I try to enter the Museum of Natural History, right after emerging from the sewer.

I'm replying to you because you seem to have the same issue - although a different portion of the game - and I too am running it on a Mac with the GeForce 9400 card.

Let me know if find anything out, and I'll do the same.

Thanks!

Re: Elevator

[Post New]by Fawpaw on Dec 22, 13 7:22 PM
I'm having the same elevator issue. Can't access the panel, the screen dims and freezes, and I have to use the map to get out. Without that gem, I can't progress any further than Dr. Post's office in the game. I'm also on a Mac running 10.6.8. Please advise! Thanks.

[Post New]by sharif113 on Dec 23, 13 4:06 AM
I sent this elevator technical issue to support on Sunday, 12.22. Tech support responded but needed a Dr. Felix test which I did and sent in. Also told support that 5 other Mac users posted in this forum that they were having the elevator freezing issue as well. Hope to hear today what support says. Has any one else sent this issue to tech support?

Edited on 12/23/2013 at 4:09:38 AM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Dec 23, 13 7:27 AM
Will be interesting to hear the answer. I have updated everything on my system, unchecked the tutorial on start, created a new profile and still get stuck with the hex wrench. Obviously a glitch in programming if others are having the same issue. Pity as it seemed like a good game.

[Post New]by nina_m on Dec 23, 13 11:06 AM
Please Help!!
I have uninstalled and installed this game 5 times now and everytime it installs fine but as soon as i go to play it nothing happens. It will say closing the bigfish games application now and then a black screen and then it says opening the bigfish games application and goes to the time screen where it says i have 60 mins remaining. Don't know what I can do to resolve this so someone please help. thanks

yews
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by yews on Dec 23, 13 1:19 PM
The map is supposed to indicate where action is required. The only thing that shows up on the map is a red X indicating where I am. I'm using Windows 7.

[Post New]by sharif113 on Dec 23, 13 5:43 PM
Quailridge wrote:Will be interesting to hear the answer. I have updated everything on my system, unchecked the tutorial on start, created a new profile and still get stuck with the hex wrench. Obviously a glitch in programming if others are having the same issue. Pity as it seemed like a good game.

Tech support was quick to respond to my email concerning the elevator freezing issue on Macs. Based on my Dr. Felix result, she advised me to turn off my Intego virus protection which she said could be causing the problem; then uninstall and install the program and play with a new profile. Didn't work - same problem. There's definitely a glitch here on Mac computers. I've asked for a refund or credit.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Dec 23, 13 11:19 PM
I'm feeling very lucky: I have been experiencing the same elevator problem as so many others. I was thinking bad thoughts because I'm enjoying this game so much. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it without a lot of hope. Whaddya know??? It worked. We'll see if another problem creeps up, but for now I'm back in business.

I will make a comment here, though: I had problems with MCF 13th Skull; I'm having problems with MCF Fates Carnival; now another issue with a BFG creation...I'm uncertain what's going on but it seems to be happening a lot lately. If this were some crapola Farm Mystery: Happy Orchard Nightmare I wouldn't care. Unfortunately, these are games I like. I REALLY want to play 13th Skull again. I have heard/read so much about Fates Carnival. I definitely want to play it. These are games I love and that's why I care.

[Post New]by Dezzy911 on Dec 25, 13 6:44 AM
What if you don't know whether or not you have a technical issue...
I am stuck at the HOT DOG STAND and unable to place antenna on top of TV
I see in the forum that only 1 other person has had this issue, so I am inclined to think that there is something I am doing wrong
Op Sys Dell Win7

thanks-Dez

Go to: