WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:49 PM
mike637 wrote: Mike637

Can load the game but cannot activate it. Keep getting error code 806400. Tried everything the help page said to do to no avail. Any ideas out there
Hi mike637! Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, I have no good suggestions for you except to get in touch with tech support directly to get help with that! Sorry!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:53 PM
Dee60X wrote:In the bonus game. The lighter for the lantern is frozen.i have ipad.
Hi Dee60X! Welcome to the forum!! Unfortunately, this is yet another glitch reported with the CE version that wasn't repaired before releasing the SE version! Fortunately, posters on the CE forum were able to "unstick" their lighter by shutting down the game and going back in. Hope that works for you!!

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Dec 28, 13 4:37 AM
WilJul wrote:
eskimo1203 wrote:Hi,

I am at the fishing puzzle in the door (by the woman stuck in the tank).
I have been able to complete everything except when I move the arrow to fill the other side with water, the valve won’t move. I have moved the octopus so I can grab the key, the chest is open, and I have harpooned the shark on the left side. Maybe a glitch? I did notice I had to repeatedly click on the anchors to move them.

I am playing on a Mac.
eskimo1203, did you enter the numerical code next to the left hand water tank?

Yes. The code has been entered. The only thing left for me to do is to fish on the right side.

I just realized the code numbers were swapped...all set!

Edited on 01/01/2014 at 12:15:39 PM PST

[Post New]by ellemar on Dec 28, 13 4:40 AM
Hi.
Why has the price doubled for overseas customers?The price is $6.99, but when I click BUY, it changes to $ 12.99 !!?? WHY??
I have tried to e-mail you this question several times, but I don't get any reply wich is strange because I have always thought you had the best customer service!!!

Could someone please explain this to me?? Don't say it's VAT, because in my country we only have 25% vat, and we can buy stuff for up to about $ 30 without paying ANY vat!

Edited on 12/29/2013 at 12:06:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Erica19 on Dec 29, 13 6:50 AM
I am stuck at Terminal Point and cannot paint or pick up the ankh. I have placed the tubes of paint and squeezed the paint out and molded the ankh, but when I use the brush to try to paint the ankh, nothing happens and I cannot pick up the ankh to move forward with the game.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 29, 13 12:05 PM
Erica19 wrote:I am stuck at Terminal Point and cannot paint or pick up the ankh. I have placed the tubes of paint and squeezed the paint out and molded the ankh, but when I use the brush to try to paint the ankh, nothing happens and I cannot pick up the ankh to move forward with the game.
I thought the paint didn't work either but I realised it was just hard to see (at least in my game it was). You have to try all three paints on the ankh before you can pick it up. Does that make a difference?

[Post New]by Erica19 on Dec 29, 13 12:24 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Erica19 wrote:I am stuck at Terminal Point and cannot paint or pick up the ankh. I have placed the tubes of paint and squeezed the paint out and molded the ankh, but when I use the brush to try to paint the ankh, nothing happens and I cannot pick up the ankh to move forward with the game.
I thought the paint didn't work either but I realised it was just hard to see (at least in my game it was). You have to try all three paints on the ankh before you can pick it up. Does that make a difference?

I have tried all three paints and in different combinations, but I still can't pick up the ankh.

[Post New]by NancyLLL on Jan 2, 14 7:35 PM
My game is now frozen at the last item in an HOP. I don't even know how to describe the room I'm in because neither the notes nor the strategy guide will now open. There was one item left to find in the HOP; a knob of some sort. Every time I try re-opening the game, the menu doesn't respond, nor any other functions. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

[Post New]by taloulah on Jan 4, 14 3:27 PM
Hi in Fate's Carnival how do I open the three skeleton chest? I am truly stuck

[Post New]by diddydigger on Jan 5, 14 3:38 AM
I cannot pick up the sixth scarab under the birdcage.. doesn't matter what I try it just won't be picked up.. so cannot move forward in the game…. help !!!!!

[Post New]by lilmisskatiejo on Jan 5, 14 7:39 AM
I also cannot pick up the 6th scarab under the birdcage. I restarted the game and I still cannot pick it up...even though the HINT button shows me what I need to do....I have the cork screw and fish bone in my Inventory...am I missing something or should I reset the game and start over?

[Post New]by kymusicluver on Jan 6, 14 4:07 PM
Cannot retreive the last scarab by the tree. The clue button takes me there, but it does not light up and is not retreivable. I've seen several others on this forum with the same problem. No one has answered about it though. I like the game….would like to complete it. Please help! I'm on a Mac.
thanks

[Post New]by Shell55 on Jan 12, 14 12:35 AM
I played the demo of this game and loved it. I paid for the full version through the iTunes Store (I'm playing on an iPad) but it wouldn't download - just a "please wait" message. I contacted itunes and they refunded me for the cost of the game. However, I would still like to purchase it but on every attempt (about 20) the same thing happens and the game won't download. Has this happened to anybody else? If so is there any way I can actually get this game on my iPad?

lulu82000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lulu82000 on Jan 15, 14 2:29 AM
Erica19 wrote:
SeverineSnape wrote:

I have tried all three paints and in different combinations, but I still can't pick up the ankh.
[/quote

Hi everyone.
I'm stuck too with the same problem.
I have the paints, the brush and can't use them on the ankh.
Somebody can help ?
Thanks a lot.]

[Post New]by schles2002 on Jan 19, 14 3:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I can't pick up the last scarab either. Has anyone solved this?

jasminster
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by jasminster on Jan 19, 14 8:11 AM
FWIW, for anyone else who encountered this, the bomb puzzle at the roller coaster scene also sticks in SE, not just CE (as someone mentioned earlier). However, I was able to shut the game down via Task Manager, then restart the game, and when I went back into the puzzle, I skipped it -- and that worked.

Game won't start - causes syetem error

[Post New]by CarolTC on Jan 21, 14 8:57 PM
Game won't start on XP. Have updated DirectX, video driver, etc.

The three log files that are written during game start up yield the following lines that show errors or failures.

Can anyone deduce the problem?

===============================================================
From ceflog.txt:
[0119/232521:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1726)] Found 1 duplicate cookies for host='bigfishgames.com', with {name='bfgsess', domain='.bigfishgames.com', path='/'}
[0119/232521:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1726)] Found 1 duplicate cookies for host='bigfishgames.com', with {name='kookie', domain='.bigfishgames.com', path='/'}
[0119/232521:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1726)] Found 1 duplicate cookies for host='bigfishgames.com', with {name='tookie', domain='.bigfishgames.com', path='/'}
================================================================
From bfglog.txt:
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:45.234::CLIENT_INIT::3.2.0.7
BfgDecrypt - failure test(87,79) comp(173, 37)
HandleShowWrapperScreen GetDemoMode failed F8197T1L1 hr=0x80070057
HandleShowWrapperScreen GetDemoParam failed F8197T1L1 hr=0x80070057
HandleShowWrapperScreen GetDaysLeft failed F8197T1L1 hr=0x80070057
HandleShowWrapperScreen GetDemoGame failed F8197T1L1 hr=0x80070057
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:45.937: TARTUP_FROM_UI
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.015::URLS_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.015: TARTUP_OVERLAY_CALLED
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.015: PTIONS_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.031::USER_DATA_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.031: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_BEGIN
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.250: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_END::200
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.250::ADS_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.281::GAME_DATA_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.312::UPSELLS_SENT
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:46.359: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_BEGIN
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:47.437: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_END::200
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:47.453: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_BEGIN
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:48.406: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_END::200
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:48.406: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_BEGIN
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:48.875: LAIN_HTTP_WEBSERVICE_END::200
UnregisterDeviceNotification failed
UnregisterDeviceNotification failed
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:52.046::ASSET_MANIFEST_DOWNLOAD::200
PERF::01/21/2014 19:43:53.625::CLIENT_SHUTDOWN
===============================================================
From logfile.txt:
Display mode: 1600x1200, fullscreen=1, widescreen=1
Error. Could not create DirectX device. Error: -2005530516. Size: 1600 x 1200. DeviceType: 1.

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Jan 22, 14 9:29 PM
Another person here who can't pick up the sixth scarab.

[Post New]by Xandernow on Jan 26, 14 3:25 AM
I encountered a few problems with this game.
The puzzle of the organ the cork of the champagne bottle does not come off. Tried it several times but had to skip the puzzle.

The puzzle of the robot there is no book symbol ot did I miss it somehow?

Pity cause it is such a nice game and would love to do all the puzzles.

Anyone has answers??

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jan 27, 14 3:59 PM
jasminster wrote:FWIW, for anyone else who encountered this, the bomb puzzle at the roller coaster scene also sticks in SE, not just CE (as someone mentioned earlier). However, I was able to shut the game down via Task Manager, then restart the game, and when I went back into the puzzle, I skipped it -- and that worked.

Just finished updating another discussion on this. I played through this game once with no problems at all with freezing...thought I'd replay and bang! freeze at the rolloer coaster bomb. Ran DxDiag, updated every possible thing in sight, did everything except re-download the game. Ended up skipping the puzzle. The only thing different between the successful play and the failure is I was on a new profile. When I feel like fiddling with it I am going to return to my original profile and try a restarted game with it.

EDITED 2/5/14: Went back and did a reset with my original profile - the Bomb Puzzle worked perfectly on the replay. Go figure.

Edited on 02/05/2014 at 9:22:02 AM PST

Go to: