IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by IKacey on Jan 10, 14 3:42 AM
I am having the please wait freeze problem when giving gifts as well. I have installed the update and some gifts went fine, as before the up date but when I try to give to friends who's names start with the letter D I get the freeze. It says I helped the friends otherwise but no thank you cards. Do we actually use the thank you cards for anything?

LynthePin
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by LynthePin on Jan 10, 14 4:19 AM
Yeah, some of the items to be crafted need thankyou postcards. One item needs 10 cards, one needs 25.

Just edited to note that the items I remembered were pets. Not essential to the game, but useful.

Edited on 01/10/2014 at 3:24:47 PM PST

Failed update for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by Vuanti on Jan 10, 14 10:35 AM
I installed the update and now every time I try to open the game, it closes the Game Manager app. Very non-productive. Using PC with Windows 7. I sent query to Tech support but up to 72 hours is a long time to wait for an answer.

[Post New]by djhulc00 on Jan 12, 14 4:59 AM
Having problem with the last item on the HOS will not click on. I freeze and than have to reload the game. I will say the game isn't lost and I can redo it but it is a frustrating thing.

wicked2014
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by wicked2014 on Jan 12, 14 12:03 PM
Hi! been playing the game for over a week and not having problems now all of a sudden all i get is game has stopped working, won't even open the game. i reinstall adobe player and shockwave already and uninstall and reinstalled the game. Still having the same issue. Unable to play at all

[Post New]by Dragon_Lady1957 on Jan 12, 14 1:14 PM
when i try to play the game it comes up that it cannot connect to the server any ideas how to rectify this = thanks in advance - i've deleted and re-downloaded the game and it still happens - am aware its a beta game but would like to try it out just the same

Edited on 01/12/2014 at 1:24:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,923 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 14 1:18 AM
Since installing the update, it's the first time today that I couldn't get a connection when I wanted to enter the game. No problems before, but just now, there was no connection.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,923 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 14 5:27 PM
Ooops... when I gifted someone just now, the game froze again, and I didn't get my "Thank You" card. This is the second time that happened, but the first time it happened with the new version.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,923 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 14 5:18 PM
OK, I am NOT happy. Once again (third time now) I sent a gift to someone and the game froze. When I exited via Task Manager and went back in, I noticed that the person I sent a gift to was still open to receive a gift. However, one of the five people I can gift a day was taken off, and it said I could still gift 4 people.

So I am guessing the gift wasn't sent, but the amount of people I can gift was reduced anyway.

ETA: Tried to send a gift to the same person as before when the game froze, and the same thing happened. No gift sent, but the number of people I can gift has been reduced. I also sent gifts to 2 other people at the same time, and had no problems.

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 5:25:11 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Jan 15, 14 6:46 PM
The last HOG scene (the one directly under the three prisoners on the wall) when I enter the scene there is no list of items to find. Game freezes, control-alt-delete will not allow you to end task I am having to log off to get the game to close and then go back and re-enter game. If I go directly to this scene, it will allow me to enter and play(does not require extra wait time) but this has happened the last four times I have played through. I usually check in at each hour or so and play through all scenes from beginning to end, if this helps explain the process.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jan 16, 14 9:40 AM
Valdy wrote:Since installing the update, it's the first time today that I couldn't get a connection when I wanted to enter the game. No problems before, but just now, there was no connection.
Same thing just happened to me and I am only on level 13..I will wait and see if this is fixed..

mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by mj14 on Jan 16, 14 9:17 PM
Valdy wrote:Ooops... when I gifted someone just now, the game froze again, and I didn't get my "Thank You" card. This is the second time that happened, but the first time it happened with the new version.

I just ran into the same problem sending a gift to you Valdy. I hope that you received it . . .

It appears to immediately reduce the number of gifts you can send out before ensuring that the gift was sent/received. As a programmer, this should be reversed to only reduce that number once the "Thank You" card is received.

Alright - just went back in and it happened again when sending to another user. I won't be gifting until this is fixed at this point which sucks because I enjoy this part of the game.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 9:21:52 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 17, 14 1:50 AM
Just a FYI Devs ...

There have been two occasions where I have tried to access a HO scene but when it opened all that was to be seen was the basic background without any of the objects at all. This happened with the carriage on the right and also the chest on its left at the very start of the playing area. Upon exiting and going back in again all the objects appeared so it didn't cause any problems.

I have also experienced the same problem with being told to wait while gifting and having to bring up the task manager to escape and

I wonder if it is caused because two people are sending the same gift to the same person at the same time?

[Post New]by brepko on Jan 17, 14 7:22 AM
I have a pc w/windows vista and am having problems with items disappearing from inventory. its only happened since the update. I check when I come into the game so I can remember what I had been working on and then when I go to open say the dead mans chest and I know I had all the pieces I get to it and suddenly one of the rings is missing from inventory!! is anyone else having this problem????
could use some help with this since is takes an hour for my scenes to recharge now.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 17, 14 2:26 PM
Hey All,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with the game freezing when you try to send someone a gift. We have escalated the problem to the developer and they are looking into it.

Feel free to start a ticket with our Tech Support Team who can also help troubleshoot in the meantime. Please include a Dr. Felix Report which can help them better understand what may be causing the issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Jan 17, 14 3:34 PM
Game will not load at all! Have been unable to access for past three to four hours. Once I click to open game says "midnightcastle.exe has stopped working. During this previous hours play the game kept losing connection in mid play continuously. I restarted computer. Did not help. I uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. Same message "midnightcastle.exe has stopped working" Was loving this game! Boo-Hoo!

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Jan 18, 14 11:13 AM
i have been having the same problem , i get to the midnight castle page & then i get a midnight castle.exe has stopped working . this has been going on for a day now ,i am tempted to uninstall & re install but i see others have already tried that & it didn't help. how long are we on hold for & are we losing any earnings?

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 6:20:06 PM PST

mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by mj14 on Jan 18, 14 6:39 PM
Just received an unable to connect to server message, but clicking the OK button at the bottom does nothing - needed to ctl-alt-del to get to task manager and end task on the game to get out. I was in the friends area at the time trying to update the items in my wish list.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 19, 14 4:35 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that some of your games don't seem to be connecting to the server.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can do some investigating to help sort out why this is happening. To reach them, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

This will also help us collect data to send over to the developer if necessary.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

judy1689
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 19, 14 10:03 PM
Same problem, game freezing when giving gifts. Also, some locations open, but they lack any clickable links.

Go to: