Beyond frustrated

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

Re:Beyond frustrated

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 24, 13 6:20 AM
You should get the owl after completing 12 Christmas quests. I got mine yesterday, but I have also never had any major issues with the game, so I don't know if other people were able to get it.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 24, 13 7:33 AM
I got the Yuletide owl after 12 quests too.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 24, 13 8:07 AM
I got my owl yesterday, after my 12th snowflake quest.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 25, 13 5:45 PM
I am beginning to get real tired of this game. This is the second time now that I wanted to get something from the Auction House and was told "You need to be connected to the Internet". Never happened all these months before, but now it's been twice in a row.

I think that after the Christmas edition is done with, I will restart the game. Am just real tired of the excessive amount of gold and materials I have to pay to get just a simple upgrade on my buildings now that they have reached level 5. And I really really HATE that mini games with the leaves, where you have to turn 2 over to get a match. Really dislike this one.

Have a great day, everyone.

ETA: Hmpf... I just wanted to play "Midnight Castle" - a free game from Elephant Games - and it won't connect to the Internet either. Hmmm... Funny that I am connected while I am typing these messages, though.

Edited on 12/25/2013 at 5:47:15 PM PST

chalktique
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chalktique on Dec 26, 13 4:38 AM
Those leaves...are HORRID !!. For me I can stare, and stare and can't seem to do the butterflies..we all have our talents.
I know playing the game on Google Chrome has no problems, as does other webs.
Easy to download, Free.
The only probs I have is not getting paid for things I sell, and I have figured out you need to leave the mail alone for a few minutes till it credits you the money, opening right away, sometimes causes loss. But thats the games issue..not the server.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 26, 13 5:15 AM
I was able to get "online" with my games right after. I don't know why this happens in the first place. I am connected to the Internet so it should not even come up that I have to be connected. It's obviously a glitch somewhere in the game that it doesn't always pick up the connection.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who despises those mini games with the leaves. Will not do them. The higher you get the more there are, and it's such a mess with the leaves. Don't care for them at all.

I don't mind the one with the butterflies. I too stare at them for quite a while sometimes, but at least all the images are next to each other and not just thrown on top of each other as with those darn LEAVES. LOL

But honestly, ever since I started playing Elephant Games' FREE game "Midnight Castle", everything else pales in comparison. You can play nearly non-stop with this game, because you don't use energy. Instead the HOS need time to refill after use. And the higher you get the longer it takes for the HOS to refill. But... the hightest is 30 minutes, so you stop playing for half an hour and then continue - much better than having to wait for many hours before some of your energy has been recharged.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 26, 13 6:52 AM
You get the Yuletide owl for completing 12 Christmas quests.
I have also sometimes had the message at the auction about not being connected to the internet. I have come to the conclusion that sometimes it is just overloaded with too many people trying to use it at once at that particular time - but if I go back after a couple of minutes it is usually ok.
You also certainly need to leave a bit of time to get your money from sales - it take a while to go through the system, so doesn't appear straight away - but it usually does arrive in the end. It's like a normal bank really, - they have to get the money from the buyer before they can credit it to you.

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 6:57:53 AM PST

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 26, 13 7:29 AM
Valdy wrote:I was able to get "online" with my games right after. I don't know why this happens in the first place. I am connected to the Internet so it should not even come up that I have to be connected. It's obviously a glitch somewhere in the game that it doesn't always pick up the connection.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who despises those mini games with the leaves. Will not do them. The higher you get the more there are, and it's such a mess with the leaves. Don't care for them at all.

I don't mind the one with the butterflies. I too stare at them for quite a while sometimes, but at least all the images are next to each other and not just thrown on top of each other as with those darn LEAVES. LOL

But honestly, ever since I started playing Elephant Games' FREE game "Midnight Castle", everything else pales in comparison. You can play nearly non-stop with this game, because you don't use energy. Instead the HOS need time to refill after use. And the higher you get the longer it takes for the HOS to refill. But... the hightest is 30 minutes, so you stop playing for half an hour and then continue - much better than having to wait for many hours before some of your energy has been recharged.

Wow sounds like I may end up leaving BFG for a new site. I will check them out today. personally I am about ready to cancel my membership here at BFG getting tired of poor quality in the games.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 26, 13 7:00 PM
No, Ciccyr... it's not another game site, it's a new free game by Elephant Games who brought us "FOUND", called "Midnight Castle". It's only a sneak peek beta version right now - but it's a full version, and fully playable since it's a free game.

Here is the link to the forum, from which you can get to the main game page:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3653.page

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 27, 13 5:14 AM
Valdy wrote:No, Ciccyr... it's not another game site, it's a new free game by Elephant Games who brought us "FOUND", called "Midnight Castle". It's only a sneak peek beta version right now - but it's a full version, and fully playable since it's a free game.

Edited to conceal my natural idiotic tendencies. To be fair, I haven't had a full cup of coffee yet.

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 5:16:06 AM PST

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 27, 13 7:32 PM
yeah after doing some digging yesterday I noticed it was still through BFG. Oh well I will most likely try it sooner or later. Got interested in work today and forgot about checking into it more.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 14 8:55 PM
Today I have restarted the game. I had barely a gold bar left and those timed quests got a little too much for me. Wasn't even on the levels yet they wanted me to do something, and not having any gold bars to open them, that was the end of those timed quests for me. Not that I got anything from them except a couple of coins and a little bit of energy. Not worth the trouble.

Anyway... in case anyone wants to reach me, I am only on level 1 now, so can't access the Post yet. LOL

ETA: It's too bad that I wasn't able to keep my two owls that I have managed to achieve so far (Pilgrim and Yuletide), so that I could have continued with the next holiday edition and get another owl. Now I can't be bothered to try it for the next owl, since I would always be missing the first two.

Edited on 01/03/2014 at 2:03:24 AM PST

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Jan 3, 14 12:37 PM
Well I got so frustrated that I think I have played the game once in a week, just not worth the time where they messed up so bad. I am keeping myself busy though making bitcoin and cash rather then playing the game. Might as well. Even got myself back into playing at slingo again in the evenings. Forgot how easy it is to get addicted to tiki gems lol.

BFG is getting to be like Winster, the customer service people are to busy off doing other things to care about their customers. Winster has until Monday before I go to Paypal and demand my cash back. I hate paying for something and getting nothing in return, no upgrade now for over 2 weeks. I am tired of it. No response from customer service even with daily emails. About the same as here lol.

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Jan 10, 14 6:50 PM
Valdy wrote:No, Ciccyr... it's not another game site, it's a new free game by Elephant Games who brought us "FOUND", called "Midnight Castle". It's only a sneak peek beta version right now - but it's a full version, and fully playable since it's a free game.

I have been playing Midnight Castle for a few weeks now and it is a really great game!

Go to: