maynak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For TheGreatGatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by maynak on Dec 25, 13 6:50 PM
I too had game play issues the game would freeze or stutter so after the meeting with the guard in Gatsby's office with the guard I gave up on the game and threw it back into the deep end of the pond. The best was the first Gatsby's, the best games in some minds does not deserve a sequel.

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Dec 25, 13 7:39 PM
I, too, am stuck at the gallery. My "car key" didn't appear. I exited and re-entered the game and the "car key" was there. Clicked the "car key" and the map showed up but clicking on the Gatsby mansion got me nowhere. Another restart hasn't solved the problem.

[Post New]by gluckstadt on Dec 26, 13 4:19 AM
I too am having problems after purchasing the game. My cursor disappears and game freezes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 13 6:21 AM
harmnone wrote:I, too, am stuck at the gallery. My "car key" didn't appear. I exited and re-entered the game and the "car key" was there. Clicked the "car key" and the map showed up but clicking on the Gatsby mansion got me nowhere. Another restart hasn't solved the problem.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 26, 13 6:23 AM
[b]

Add me to the list of problems at the gallery. The only place I can go to look for more of the code is at Judy's apt. but once in the room, I have no cursor or any way of clicking on anything. I have had to use ctrl, alt, del. to get out of it 3x. I am about to just delete it and ask for a refund or credit.

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 6:24:04 AM PST

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Dec 26, 13 7:28 AM
jdelbove wrote: [b]

Add me to the list of problems at the gallery. The only place I can go to look for more of the code is at Judy's apt. but once in the room, I have no cursor or any way of clicking on anything. I have had to use ctrl, alt, del. to get out of it 3x. I am about to just delete it and ask for a refund or credit.

I had the same problem. A restart got the cursor back, but still couldn't get to the Gatsby mansion. I'll keep the game and trust BF to get a fix in quickly. Right now, it appears the game is a hot mess!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 8:41 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech post orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information g athering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by harmnone on Dec 26, 13 8:50 AM
As requested, I'm attempting the game on a PC running Windows 7. Game runs just fine up until the first contact with the gallery.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Dec 26, 13 8:58 AM
I get only a black screen with only the sound playing, this has never happened to me with any games I have ever played on BF. I was really interest in playing this game, I'm on win7.

manoa
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by manoa on Dec 26, 13 10:20 AM
I have the sound and the scenes but all the written information is blank, including the list for the hidden item scenes

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Dec 26, 13 4:48 PM
ophaned: maybe you can help the cursor dissapears just after using handle to unlock door left side near beginning of game if u need me to be more descriptive just ask so help please

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Dec 26, 13 4:55 PM
and then surprisingly next time i enter i fixes itself?!

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Dec 26, 13 5:14 PM
i forgot what HOS it what but when i tried to click "mug" wouldnt select as confirmed so what to do?

Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by worthy47 on Dec 27, 13 8:13 AM
on h.o. game I need to find green mirror pieces and no matter how many times I use the hint, it sends me to the same place, and there's nothing there !!! Please help cant go any further without it . The h.o. game features a fireplace.

Edited on 12/30/2013 at 1:32:28 PM PST

[Post New]by bhgkitty on Dec 27, 13 5:07 PM
Windows 7.

Same problems as everyone else. black screen, with music. lagging cursor. Ctrl, Alt, Del to get out of the game.

This game isn't a very smooth one, is it? bummer.

[Post New]by Dasny960 on Dec 27, 13 11:21 PM
See only a black screen. I deleted game then re-installed it a second time. Same problem again. Thank you.

[Post New]by Pheonixx58 on Dec 28, 13 10:38 AM
I can see the picture but I have no mouse pointer I have to press the windows button and restart pc this is the 3rd time now

SueB990
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by SueB990 on Dec 28, 13 12:20 PM
Black screen. Just sound playing.
Windows 7 Home Edition
Service Pack 1
Toshiba satellite C675D
AMD E-300 APU w/Ratheon HD Graphics 1.30GHz

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 28, 13 1:25 PM
Hey All,

I see there have been some issues with the games coming up with a black screen. While we are currently investigating the cause, sometime the troubleshooting steps in the blue link below can help straighten out the issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can help find a solution. I hope that helps!

Happy New Year!

bfgWendwater

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 28, 13 4:55 PM
I keep getting small dark green pop up screens
with nothing on them. Very distracting. I'm going to
reboot, if that doesn't work, I'll wait until the game is fixed
to try it again.

It looks like a good one though, visually,
and the music and soundtrack are really good.

Go to: