DDRMom
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:No reward for finishing xmas collections!

[Post New]by DDRMom on Dec 27, 13 10:29 PM
maggiefromOK2 wrote:I just got the elf toolbox to finish the 4th collection, no reward in fact the achievement is not showing that any of them have been completed. to the powers that be if I don't get credit and the reward for these i'm done. not only with the antique road trip but with big fish too.

Maggie, I'm with you on this! With all the money I have spent buying BFGs, I really don't think it is too much to ask for....

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Dec 27, 13 11:12 PM
Same here also.... no reward for finishing all 4 collections. Honestly the whole Christmas update is a huge let down.

[Post New]by GameJunkie719 on Dec 28, 13 1:22 AM
Three toolboxes and finished all four collections as of about 30 minutes ago - - also no credit. Surely, this will work itself out?????

[Post New]by north81 on Dec 28, 13 2:20 AM
Same problem here. Also - I am a little surprised that so far no "official" reply has been added to this thread. The last thing they should do right now is leave us with no response at all. It just makes it too easy for us to believe that they don't care an awful lot...

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 28, 13 2:25 AM
Same here. I got the elf toolbox as part of the quest in the Red Mine.

(I had read somewhere else that if you don't close the quest you can get duplicates, which I did, just to see. It doesn't matter to me on this one as I only had one of each of three other items. Wish I'd seen that trick earlier!)

I have completed all collections, with no reward. Additionally I am showing having completed 23 out of 24 quests. Is this what everyone else has? I know I did them all, just wondering if I received credit for them.

Thanks,

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 28, 13 2:28 AM
evetruth wrote:
salsaz wrote:Also wasn't given the last xmas quest, so can't finish it - only got given 23 quests and you need 24 to get the reward.
Thats all you suppose to have 23 quests. The 24th one is the 29th of Dec.

Thank you. I was thinking I might have missed one.

phlocks
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by phlocks on Dec 28, 13 4:20 AM
I did not receive credit for the collections also. I am starting to feel like everyone else! I am also playing less and less. This is a disappointment!

chalktique
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chalktique on Dec 28, 13 4:56 AM
remember to not collect the reward for the quest, you can keep playing to get the toolbox, got 40 so far, but may not have another chance to gain the others again, because I closed the quest .

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 28, 13 5:07 AM
Same here - finished all Christmas collections and didn't get the reward. Also filled out 23 quests and didn't receive the 24th yet (though there is one more day so maybe this will come through). So, fair to say no one who's finished the collections got the award - sort of comforting - given the fact something will be done about this.

So, BFG & Devs. Obviously all the people who finished the Christmas collections didn't get the award - are you going to do something about it? That would be so great! Thank you!

[Post New]by blueskat on Dec 28, 13 5:54 AM
You know I work in support for a small software company. And the worst thing you can do to your customers is be non-responsive. Even if they aren't going to like the answer or even if you are still working on the issue and don't have a solution yet, you need to keep them in the loop. Communication is key to good customer service.

By now the BigFish folks know one of two things 1) this is as designed and there is an explanation that they should share with us 2) this is a defect and they are working to fix it - which they should also share with us.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 28, 13 7:22 AM
Has anyone been able to get the award? There have been a lot of glitches, but this seems to be one that has impacted everyone.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 28, 13 8:00 AM
I have been strongly sticking up for this game, and have not suffered from most of the glitches that people have been complaining about. I have enjoyed it and keep telling people not to complain all the time. I was so sure that we just had to wait to complete all 4 collections before getting the reward........
BUT - NOW ALL COMPLETE AND STILL NOTHING THERE! WHAT A LET-DOWN .
THIS NEEDS SERIOUS ATTENTION AND MAYBE WE HAVE TO DEMAND AN EXTENSION OF THE TIME SO THAT WE CAN EARN THE AWARD THAT HAS BEEN PROMISED.
PERHAPS ALL OF US NEED TO BOMBARD THE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT WITH QUERIES AND DEMAND THAT THEY SEND A PROPER UPDATE TO CORRECT THE ERROR?????????????

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Dec 28, 13 9:05 AM
I just became the latest victim. 4 collections completed and no reward. I knew it was coming because the accomplishments didn't count off as I completed each collection, but I still hoped. I found the elf lunchbox in the Red Mine today and....nothing. I don't even know if I got the rewards for EACH collection as I completed them.

I have every confidence that this will be fixed, but it was a bit anticlimactic within the game. Help, Big Fish!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Dec 28, 13 9:46 AM
I did ask about the collection issue in another forum where a couple people from this dev does respond. As soon as I hear something back will let ya'll know

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Dec 28, 13 10:10 AM
Today the Toolbox came out! I got the 40 gold but it is not showing that I finished it. Why?

I like this Christmas game it was better then the Halloween game. BIG SMILE @ game designers

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 28, 13 10:27 AM
jbmf_06 wrote:Today the Toolbox came out! I got the 40 gold but it is not showing that I finished it. Why?

I like this Christmas game it was better then the Halloween game. BIG SMILE @ game designers

Are you serious? What do you mean by "got the 40 gold"? Did what's necessary to get it? But did you actually get it? 'Cause seems most if not all others didn't.
Yeah, great game, all's well but a bigger WHAT'S UP???@developers from me.
Will we get the award promised? No answer so far...

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 28, 13 11:34 AM
I did get the 10 gold for completing this last collection - the normal 10 that you get when you trade the collection in (though still frustrating that we only ever got the one copy of the blueprint for it, before we discovered that it disappeared when you claimed the reward......
So I suppose that means that I have received 10 gold for each of the collections separately ( 40 altogether) - but it clearly says that we should receive an EXTRA 40 gold for completing the 4 collections.

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Dec 28, 13 11:35 AM
I don't understand... I have gone through everything a number of times and on my Achieventment list is shows 0/4 for Christmas Collectibles. I have the elf tool box, glasses, pendant ect and with only one more day to go... I don't know. Things are still amiss with this game and will probably shut it down and give it a try at Easter.
Happy gaming all and Happy New Year 2014.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 28, 13 11:46 AM
Please can we all follow my suggestion of all of us posting this on the technical thread and see if they respond.

jk107
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jk107 on Dec 28, 13 3:37 PM
I am also not getting any rewards or achievements for finding all the Christmas collectibles. I've already finished all 4 sets, and it doesn't even show that I've finished any in the achievements. So irritating!

Go to: