Re:Post your Dream Hills: Captured Magic Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tjack47 on Dec 31, 13 9:07 AM
I am stuck in the wolf's house and can't seem to open the bars, I seem to be stuck at the gate and the door won't open there is a game box that will not do anything! :-( Any suggestions on how to get pass this!!!!!!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 31, 13 2:14 PM
The game crashes at a certain point and will not let you proceed. Unless there's fix I'll need to get a credit. I like the game so hope it can be fixed. Right at the well at Cinderella's house, if I try to do anything, I get Error access Violation at 0x00425616 (tried to write to 0x00090FE4) program terminated. Please get this fixed. something definitely wrong with the hint button. Now have gone to Snow White's house NOT Cinderella's....and crashes every time I try to use the HINT button.

Edited on 12/31/2013 at 2:36:01 PM PST

Post your Dream Hills: Captured Magic Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by b1ackburn on Jan 1, 14 1:12 AM
LKlimo wrote:I downloaded demo and it will not play because I get an error message that says "cannot find bass.dll". Has anyone else had this problem?

yes, I too have the same problem, and uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help

[Post New]by Melomisso on Jan 1, 14 4:45 AM
So... has anybody tried to contact the people here at BF to see if they're working on a fix? Or on a refund if there's no fix? Since we're all having the same issue that is.

I'd also like to finish the game if possible. As others have said it's an enjoyable game up 'til now.

HELP US BIG FISH!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 1, 14 5:25 AM
Melomisso wrote:So... has anybody tried to contact the people here at BF to see if they're working on a fix? Or on a refund if there's no fix? Since we're all having the same issue that is.

I'd also like to finish the game if possible. As others have said it's an enjoyable game up 'til now.

HELP US BIG FISH!

Yes, I've contacted BF customer service. The response was that they are a bit backed up and I was offered the choice of a replacement coupon, or to keep my place in line and wait for someone. I chose the latter, because I'm hoping to finish the game. I suggest using the green envelope because I've always been satisfied with the service from Big Fish.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

access error message using hint after three jewel lock

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 1, 14 9:50 AM
lady_elzbet wrote:I have returned to the castle door to open the three jewel lock and if I use hint anytime after that an error message comes up that shuts down the game. I tried it on different computers all with the same response. Anyone experiencing this?

I too have the same problem when I get to the castle door. It allows you to do the first part of the puzzle, but if you click on hint for the second part of the puzzle you get an access violation error and it shuts down the game.

I updated all drivers before Christmas. This could possibly be a programming and testing error according to my husband who is a computer programmer. I am running windows 8.0 on laptop. The only new drivers are for 8.1.

[Post New]by twoberry100 on Jan 1, 14 6:05 PM
lady_elzbet wrote:I have returned to the castle door to open the three jewel lock and if I use hint anytime after that an error message comes up that shuts down the game. I tried it on different computers all with the same response. Anyone experiencing this?

[Post New]by twoberry100 on Jan 1, 14 6:10 PM
Having the same issues at castle jewel lock (i.e., using hint). Uninstalled/reinstalled games, however, still crashes. Love the game, please fix

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 2, 14 11:58 AM
Yep...hint button has gone completely insane. Keeps sending me back to the bakery and pointing to the flour in the bowl, but I don't have any water! Arrrrggghh!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 2, 14 1:20 PM
I had a response from BF with a link to update my driver (which I thought was updated, but apparently not). I did so, and was able to finish the game with no more access violations. Fun game. I'm happy.

[Post New]by Melomisso on Jan 2, 14 3:08 PM
jennsmom wrote:I had a response from BF with a link to update my driver (which I thought was updated, but apparently not). I did so, and was able to finish the game with no more access violations. Fun game. I'm happy.

Do you have the driver update link? Can you paste it here so we can go too? Just asking.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 2, 14 3:16 PM
Hello All,

It sounds like a few people have had success resolving this issue by updating drivers on their computer. To find out more information about doing that, just click on the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can investigate the issue further and offer more targeted assistance.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 3, 14 3:34 AM
Melomisso wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I had a response from BF with a link to update my driver (which I thought was updated, but apparently not). I did so, and was able to finish the game with no more access violations. Fun game. I'm happy.

Do you have the driver update link? Can you paste it here so we can go too? Just asking.

I think you'd be better off sending a Dr. Felix report in because not all computers would be using the same drivers or updates. It's quick, and customer service always responds as promptly as they can.

[Post New]by twoberry100 on Jan 3, 14 4:55 PM
Checked to make sure all drivers are current -- they are Games still crashes

[Post New]by jlcteacher on Jan 4, 14 7:36 PM
This games crashes no matter what I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. I ran my anti-virus software, I restarted my computer, I defragmented my hard drive. Not sure what else I could possibly do?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 5, 14 11:37 AM
Error access violation at Snow Whites house. Uninstall/reinstall, reboot, still happens. Sent Dr. Felix to Tech Support and will wait.

Urging everyone who has problems to send Dr. Felix to Tech Support, as this helps them solve the problem faster. Getting a little tired of glitchy games these days.

[Post New]by jujuky41 on Jan 5, 14 12:52 PM
I'm stuck at the maze at the wolf's house too. Clicked on it but nothing happens. I am really enjoying this game but I'm stuck!

rdpl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by rdpl on Jan 6, 14 2:44 AM
Hi,
I dont know to ask on which forum thats why i am posting here. I am stuck at cindrellas house after freeing pinnochio. The points to window but any thing does not happen over there after endless tries. Please help me.

[Post New]by linnerd63 on Jan 8, 14 11:53 PM
I played the demo and then bought it and now it will run for a bit and then come up with "script error" message. Didn't do that in the demo or I would not have bought it!

[Post New]by SchoolGirlQt on Jan 9, 14 5:09 PM

Having the same problem!!!

Go to: