adding doors

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:adding doors

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 10, 14 12:10 AM
Certainly.

I added another 15 coffee tables and a 2-star chair. Before I build another room, I'll gradually move the chairs and stuff out of the way before filling the room completely with black coffee tables.

I get what you mean with the Sims, a bit. I never really stuck with those very long, but I did enjoy doing weird stuff like having the bathroom out on the front lawn and putting in all kinds of bizarre windows everywhere.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 10, 14 2:53 PM
Did you ever get to see the screen shot I sent you of Cabinet Guy?
I wish I knew how that happened. I'd love to do it again. If I could, I'd have Bathroom Baby balancing a bathtub on her head.

It occurs to me that the coffee tables take time to be "delivered." The cheap end table is delivered within seconds. I know it takes two of them to equal one coffee table, but you could go faster, because they deliver so quickly. The Zombies don't care what kind of furniture it is. Even a lamp or plant will stop them. Anything that breaks the grid.

I wonder of anyone else is bothering to read this thread--and what they are thinking. LOL!

What would the developers think? They certainly didn't anticipate this. Buwaahaaaa!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 10, 14 5:18 PM
Yes, I did see your screenshot - sorry for not replying to that email!

The black coffee tables take 30 seconds for delivery. By the time the first one arrives, I've had time to order about 14 of them. I want to get the living room completely saturated with them, and then see what the resident does. I've got enough money now to build another room (already got the bathroom and a bedroom). I was thinking of doing the guest bedroom next.

BTW, even though it looks weird, the color scheme is rather nice. I use all red walls, brown wool carpeting, and either black or white furniture. There are lots of plants around as well.

I'm up to level 52 or 53 (don't recall which) and have 82 coins (haven't spent them unless I need a 3-star painting).

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 11, 14 3:02 PM
YAY! I got rid of my resident! It only took putting 128 coffee tables in the living room - there's not one scrap of floor space left! And when I rebooted the game, she didn't show up in another room.

SHE'S GONE!!!

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 12, 14 1:42 AM
OMG!

wheeeeeeeeee!

(Screen shot, please!)

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 17, 14 7:52 PM
Well, my villa is the last home I'm adding anything to - still rooms to build. As mentioned, I got rid of the adult by cramming 128 coffee tables into the room she was in. Now I've got a kid pacing around the kid's bedroom. I haven't decided whether to let her stay or cram her room full of stuff yet. She seems like a nice little kid, so maybe I'll let her live.

I built the sunroom at the same time as the kid's bedroom, but no adult popped up.

Sorry, haven't figured out screenshots yet, and the game won't let me take any pictures.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 18, 14 8:16 AM
Here's the process for taking a screen shot:
1. Get the image you want to save centered on the screen. Zoom into the room you want to show--in this case, the Room' o' Doom.
2. (Assuming you are using a PC not a Mac--I'm clueless as to how to do this on a Mac) Press the "Print Screen" button (usually on the top row, to the right of the F-keys).
3. Open a graphics program. MS-Paint will do.
4. Either use the Paste command, or CTRL-V to paste the image into the screen.
5. Save As a jpg file.
6.Crop the image, either in Paint, or using any other program, including Microsoft Picture viewer, to cut out the extraneous matter.
7. Re-save.
Viola.

SO looking forward to seeing the result!
You are my idol in Design This Home!

wilds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wilds on Apr 22, 14 8:25 PM
you guys are great I came to see what is going on in here and glad i did i will try the coffee table trick.lol!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 22, 14 8:54 PM
You can use pretty much any item except flooring, rugs, and stuff that goes on the walls. First, make sure you block the doorways so nobody can get in or out. Then you can use whatever furniture fits and you can afford. Keep in mind that those 128 coffee tables cost me $128,000! However, the tradeoff is that they only take 30 seconds each to be delivered.

I've now built the 2nd bathroom, and a baby did NOT show up! The adult never came back, and the kid is still all alone in her bedroom, with no other people in the house.

One interesting thing about this house... I still haven't been told to build a door!

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 8:56:46 PM PST

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 23, 14 8:22 AM
Welcome Wilds!
(Another one for the dark side! BUWAAHAAAHAAA!)

We should probably start a new thread called "Screwing with Design This Home"--but somehow, it fits the subversion to have hi-jacked this thread.

Still wondering what the developers think of this--if they ever bother to check.
I doubt they do, because this all started because of bugs and shortcomings in the game.

Please let me know if you manage to get your home completely Bobble Zombie-free, even after all rooms are built.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 25, 14 11:48 PM
I'm working on the dining room and bathroom, and no adults have popped up to replace the one that got killed by the Room of the 128 Coffee Tables. The kid is still wandering around her bedroom, bereft of adult supervision, food, the bathroom, and everything else. Oh, and I just leveled up to 54.

I wonder when the game will tell me to build a door. Right now the only way into that house is through a window. Oh, and the 2-star decor for the dining room? That room connects with the kitchen I haven't built yet, so I put a couple of dart boards on the wall... so any hypothetical residents can tell the cook what they think of the meals they never eat.

(yeah, I'm in a weird mood tonight )

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 26, 14 1:23 PM
I don't think you get a door task until you build the living room.
Was that the room you used for the Room of the 128 Coffee Tables?
Maybe it needs a blank space to accommodate the door?
Try to open a space right about where door would go, and see what happens.
Does the Disappeared One return? Do you get a door task?
If you get a door task and the Disappeared returns, can you banish her, again?
You might have found a way to completely confound the game.
I wonder, if you cram stuff into the kid's room, if Zombie Kid will disappear?

Valkara, I salute you. You are leading the way for the rest of us!

wilds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wilds on Apr 26, 14 2:26 PM
I did the fill the rooms with furniture and the zombies are still hanging in the air I am thinking they are like real cousins who come for christmas and stay untill july 4 I am working on another house,why I do not know HELP!!!

Edited on 04/26/2014 at 2:27:59 PM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 26, 14 9:41 PM
@girlgotgame: The living room is in the center of the house and doesn't have an outside wall. The only rooms that do are the master bathroom, sunroom, and kitchen. I haven't built the kitchen yet, so maybe it'll come up then.

@wilds: Did you fill it completely, as in not an inch of space between the furniture? Did you leave space between the furniture and wall? Did you completely block the doorways? Which house, which room, and which kind of furniture did you use? I've built one of each kind of house, now, so I'll be able to refer to it.

Both of us have had weird things happen with the residents. One of mine walked under a bookcase, through the outside wall, across the lawn, and off the computer screen. Basically, he ran away from home.

He came back next time I booted the game up, though. At least the woman in the Room of 128 Coffee Tables hasn't ever come back.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 28, 14 6:49 AM
I started building the kitchen, which is the last room available for adding a door. Since I'm too stingy to spend coins on rush jobs, it will be awhile before this room is finished. In the meantime I'm still mucking around in the dining room, while the completely isolated little kid paces endlessly around her bedroom.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 28, 14 7:24 AM
I suppose you could cram her bedroom with furniture and drive her into the ether.

wilds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wilds on Apr 28, 14 8:56 AM
hey all! well I played the villa house and filled teenagers room wall to wall with the tables that take 30 secs to build and she was floating in the air,when I went into game today she was gone.I went to first family home and now have three teenagers in there,then i went to open floor plan and found three babies but no adults and i am done with that one as far as funiture and all,CREEPY IS this revenge of the teens? I am going to experiment with getting babies out!

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 28, 14 5:39 PM
There are no "teenagers." There are adults, kids and babies.
The kids are just smaller versions of the adults.
The girl has a ponytail, just like the woman.
None of the houses has more than 2 babies, and/or 2 kids.
The couples house has no kids, and the bachelor's house has only one adult.
The vacation house is listed as having 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 babies--but only has 2 adults, 1 kid and 1 baby. Guess they left one kid and baby home while they went on vacation. Maybe they sent the extra kids to your villa house to stir things up?

Let us know when you eradicate the rest of your Bobble Zombies!

Can you send us screenshots?
If so, send me a PM and I'll send you my email address.
I'm compiling a n album of weird stuff that happens in our houses.
In exchange I will send you a screen shot of a man with a cabinet on his head.

Nice job! Keep it up!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 3, 14 11:34 PM
Dangit, I just built the library and there's a man wandering around in it. I have no idea how he got there, since there are no windows or doors and the only entryway is completely blocked off.

Once I get all the tasks finished for that room, I'll just have to fill it up with more tables and get rid of him.

BTW, the Room of 128 Coffee Tables is beginning to resemble a grow-op for tulips. I have to put those stupid plants somewhere! At least they color-coordinate with the walls (I use red wallpaper throughout the house, except for the master bathroom. It looks nice with the brown wool carpeting).

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on May 6, 14 9:41 AM
Too bad there's no cannabis plant option. At least you could turn a profit on your indoor farm...

Go to: